Australian Capital Territory

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kalbarri - best canoing trip for family with 5 year old

Kalbarri Jul 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM

what is the best canoe trip for taking a 5 year old. ideally i would like to go through the gorge. can anyone recommend a company?? a day trip would be out of the question
      xx

more
    • driving from kalbarri for day trip to see dolphins and....?? best things to do??

Monkey Mia Jul 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Hi all
      we are staying in Kalbarri and are getting up v early to travel to monkey mia this week to take my 5 year old to see the dolphins. what would you recommend as the best family things to do during our day and best family friendly eats.
      I am interested in maybe doing a glass bottom boat tour over a reef or other boat trip ?
      advice please

more
    • travel from adelaide to victorharbour

Victor Harbour Jul 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Are there any stops on the way to pick up other passengers

more
    • snorkeling

Airlie Beach Jul 16, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I'll spend 4 days in august in arlie Beach.
      I like snorkeling . Can you give me any suggestions for a good excursions not too expensive ?

Tks, massimo from Italy

more
    • hotel near Lagoon?

Airlie Beach Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi, is there a hotel or b & b near the lagoon in Arlie Beach? We really want to swim there, it's enchanting!
      Thank you!
      Carrell & Marty

more
    • winter fishing in coffs

Coffs Harbour Jul 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM

what is the best species to target from the shore and what are the best methods???

more
    • I need help choosing a canyoning adventure

Blue Mountains National Park Jul 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hi, I'm in Blue Montains for two days (beginning tomorrow). Can you suggest me a canyoning adventure? Do I need to make a reservation?
      Thank you!

more
    • Seakayaking

Geraldton Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

is there anywhere to learn sea kayaking nr Geraldton?

more
    • what to do

Toowoomba Jul 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM

what is there to do in toowoomba on a saturday ? we are 3 bored uni students :)

more
    • Accommodation

Wagga Wagga Jul 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I am travelling with my dog that normally lives inside and was wondering where I could stay. Otherwise I will have to drive thru and keep going ?

more
    • Castlemaine Gaol

Castlemaine Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Is the gaol open on Sundays in July for any purpose?

more
    • Surf wetsuit

Bondi Beach Jul 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hello, somebody knows if i need a full wetsuit to surf with a sup at bondi beach in this time?

thanks

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Dinner recommendation

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM

We will be in Port Douglas for our 10th wedding anniversary in early August and would like to have a special dinner on the special day. Cost isn't an issue, but we will have our 16 month old daughter with us so it needs to be a child-friendly place. No kids menu necessary as she just eats off my plate. I would appreciate any suggestions for which restaurant.

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Snorkelling with a 1 year old

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

My husband and I are going to Port Douglas to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in early August. We will have our 16 month old daughter with us too. We would love to go for a day trip snorkel tour. I'm looking for advice about the best tour, considering the type of boat and destination.

We will be staying in Port Douglas for 7 nights and Cairns for 2 nights, so preference would be to do the day tour from Port Douglas. Obviously we will take turns snorkelling as one of us will need to look after Siena. I know there are 2 types of tours - one type is just on a boat for the whole day and the other type is a boat trip to an island where you can snorkel off the shore. I like the idea of the island since it means Siena can run around and play at the water's edge while one of us snorkels, however I don't want to go with this option if the coral isn't as spectacular as snorkeling off a boat only tour if you know what I mean. These tours are not cheap, so I want to make sure we get to see some amazing coral. I've seen some of the tours that go to an island advertise glass bottom boats, which could be good for Siena but she is also very young and won't really understand what she is seeing. Siena is generally content anywhere she can run around (supervised of course) so any feedback about specific boats would be appreciated. Our entertainment book has a discount for tours with Silver Series, so any specific feedback about their tours would be great (that is a boat only tour).

Thanks in advance.

more
    • dina1980's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a car rental company in Darwin that is offering reliable breakdown service?

Australia Yesterday

I am going to travel to Australia (Northern Territory) on the 10th August. As I would like to discover the Northern Territory (currently planning to head from Darwin to Broome), I am looking for a reliable car rental operator that is not only offering cars for a reasonable price but also offering a quick breakdown service. Losing too much time because of a breakdown would be a shame. I am still not sure, if we go for a car or a campervan. But in any case I think it would make sense to take a 4-wheel-drive.
      It would be great, if anyone here could recommend where to book.

more
    • visiting during winter season

Cottesloe Jul 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM

hi, im hanna
      I'll be travelling to perth this end of july with my family.
      since this will be my first time visiting, im just wondering what it's like at cottesloe beach in the winter? what kind of activities that i can do?

more
    • Dreamtime creation stories for West Macs

Macdonnell Ranges Jul 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Can you direct me to the dreamtime stories for the west macs region? Thanks

more
    • what to buy from australia in electronic gadgets

Sydney Jul 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

any kind of electronic device or gadget which is cheaper in australai than india ???

more
    • Good Spots for a decent breakfast

Gold Coast Jul 11, 2014 at 5:48 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone has found a great coffee/breakfast bar that isn't too commercial and not full of the normal rubbery eggs and fatty bacon?

more
    • miki64's Profile Photo

transport from Foster to Lake Entrance

Australia Jul 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I study how to go from these place and I found only this that seem useble:
      Foster - Yarram - Traralgon - Lake Entrance. Is there a better way by bus/rail or it's a unic solution?

more
    • Travelling to Melbourne in November 2014

Australia Jun 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello :) I've just booked a flight and travel package to Melbourne in November. Just wondering if anyone is heading out to Melbourne around mid november, and what your plans are? I've been accepted for a working holiday visa so I'm planning to work, just a bit daunting going on my own :) Hayley

more
    • Is a car essential?

Darwin Jul 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I'll be living in Darwin for five months beginning September. Is a car essential to get around the city and surroundings or can I rely on a bike and public transport?

Thanks in advance :) Erica

more
    • Transportation

Sydney Jul 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

What is the best way to get from the cruise port to Hotel Stellar (near Hyde Park) and also from the hotel to Circular Quay? Thank you.

more
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Adelaide

Adelaide Jun 30, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I'll be visiting Adelaide next week, and wondered if anyone has any restaurant recommendations (any type of cuisine, average price), as those in the travel guide seem a little old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

more
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Lake Pedder & Southwest NP

Hobart Jun 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I spent a week in Tasmania more than two decades ago and I'm looking forward to another trip to the Island, a longer one this time. Southwest NP looks very interesting and I'm sure some of you have explored it. It seems that the only way to reach Mt. Solitary is by boat. Is there a boat service to the island ? is camping allowed on it ?

more

Popular Australian Capital Territory Travel Answer Locations

• Cheap and delicious Kangaroo Steak

Canberra Jun 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Where we can find deliecious kangaroo steak in Canberra with tight budget? Must be opened until late night. Thank you

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    • What's on?

Canberra May 18, 2014 at 3:05 AM

What's good to do in Canberra for a couple of days this week?

6 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Canberra with kids

Canberra Apr 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Hi! Going to Canberra next Monday and would like some recommendations for somewhere good to eat...minimum of 4 adults and 6 kids (max up to about 8 adults and 11 kids if everyone can make it). Would love somewhere with a playroom of some sorts. Preferably in the Belconnen area. Thanks in advance! :)

1 Answer Apr 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Wine Bars Canberra

Canberra Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Looking for personal recommendation for modern winebar(s) preferably with a good range of local wines and a good kitchen.

9 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • peterseaford's Profile Photo

motor home parking in Canberra

Canberra Jan 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

holidaying in 24' self contained motor home . would parking cause a problem for us at say the National Gallery and the War Museum as we would like to drive to each location and also are there locations where free overnight stop is allowed close to Canberra city.

thanks

6 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • one day in Canberra

Canberra Jan 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I plan to spend only one day in Canberra with a one day bus pass - any must see places along the bus routes?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    • Queen's Terrace Cafe

Canberra Dec 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

SHould I go there for lunch? Is is cheap?? What do they serve??

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    • Where to keep luggage and sightseeing

Canberra Dec 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Hi,
      Can someone advise me as to where I should keep my carry on luggage.??
      I'll take a bus to Canberra with my carry on. Hate to bring it around while I go around the city. Any lockers near Action bus area?? OR the Parliament??
      National library??? I'm willing to pay a fee.
      Thank you for your suggestion.

4 Answers Dec 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    • katomatic's Profile Photo

Coming to holiday in Canberra for first time

Canberra Oct 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hi All
      Hope u can help. Hope to come down early December. What are best freebies Canberra has to offer?
      Do you have a regular bus service around city centre? Do you have a day traveller or similar transport discount ticket/card?
      Is it an easy level walk from War Memorial to Capital Hill to Civic shops? how long in minutes please walking from War Memorial to say Civic?
      How long do we need to allow to see War Memorial from "top to toe"
      What is your top 5 tourist sights you would recommend?
      Anything else you may like to impart on excited, soon to be new visitors to your city.
      Thanks
      Katomatic

6 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    • shopping

Canberra Aug 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Will be in Canberra on saturday and am looking for dr martens that arent full retail price-any ideas? We are country folk and have no idea.....

• peteyjim's Profile Photo

Ugh, not again

Canberra Aug 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Heading back down to Canberra soon with the wife & kids to visit friends. Does anyone know of any good family accommodation nearby Belconnen? So far everywhere we've stayed in this ultra-lively city has sucked badly.

I'll be breathing a sigh of relief as we drive back across into NSW, I tell you.

6 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    • Vistit to Canberra

Canberra Jan 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I am going to Canberra in July to apply for my Singapore passport, can you suggest a backpacker nearby or convenient to take a bus there?

4 Answers Feb 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Hotel in Canberra

Canberra Jun 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM

We want to spend 2 nights in Canberra in August . We would like something nice,a bit of atmosphere near to shops/boutiques/coffee shops in or close to city centre on the Narrabundah side of town(we go to a party there)if this scenario exists.
      I have looked at Canberra but cannot quite pick the best spot.
      Thanks.

9 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 2:00 AM
    • jyzil's Profile Photo

looking for accommodation over easter

Australian Capital Territory Mar 17, 2010 at 3:52 AM

can anyone please give me some names of serviced apartment or motor lodges in Canberra, dosent matter where. We are going over easter and everywhere seems to be booked already.... thanks

2 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    • GOOD PICINIC PARK IN CANBERRA

Canberra Jan 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I'm organising a group of 40+ persons to visit the National Gallary next month. I would like to give them the option of a pic-nic in one of Canberra's beautiful parks.
      I cannot remember if there is one with COVERED tables (in case of rain!!).Can anyone help? Thank you very much.

2 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    • wrggrant's Profile Photo

may visit

Canberra Jan 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I plan to visit canberra for 3 days in may before driving north to brisbane.
      Is Parliament open to visitors in may?

What other must see attractions should i visit.

7 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    • Entertainment in Canberra

Canberra Jul 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM

May I know what's the usual entertainment for families with children in Canberra?

20 Answers Sep 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    • missy.pulliam's Profile Photo

Mysterious Lake George

Canberra Apr 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM

One of the reviewers (schmoopy) described Mysterious Lake George as lying about 20 miles from Canberra and a beautiful place to visit. It would be interesting to know what activities are available and info on camping facilities available, if any?

3 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    • youngken's Profile Photo

Public Transport at Australia Institute of Sport

Canberra Feb 20, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I will stay at YHA Canberra City Central.
      How can I reach Australia Institute of Sport?
      Any good suggestion?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    • What is the Electrical Appliance voltage in Canberra

Canberra Feb 9, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Hi,

My friend will be going to study in ANU soon, and she would like to know the price rang for rice cooker and water boiler, and also the voltage use in Australia ..

Please advise urgently, as she is going on this Tueday night.

Thank you

kim

7 Answers Feb 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    • quest canberra photo

Canberra Sep 21, 2008 at 4:44 PM

does somebody have some photos / pictures of quest canberra studio apartment?

because no photo of the room is available here.

thanks

1 Answer Sep 21, 2008 at 11:21 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

accomodation in kambah area of Tuggeranong

Canberra Aug 8, 2008 at 2:09 AM

I am looking for inexpensive accomodation for one adult and two children aged below 15,for three weeks with a kitchen and bathroom in kambah area,preferably near Learmonth drive.Please suggest some self catering units or small houses for short term rents.I need it in the end of October till middle of November 2008.
      Vpas

3 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    • RE: Snow at Corin Forest

Canberra Aug 5, 2008 at 2:45 AM

I was just wondering, after reading a recent blurb, how the bushfires have affected the snow at Corin.

9 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

travel time between canberra and Melbourne

Canberra Aug 1, 2008 at 2:05 AM

How long would it take by a)bus b)train from Canberra to Melbourne and how which it cost by bus and how much by train?
      Vpas

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

inexpensive,but clean accomodation in Tuggeranong area

Canberra Jul 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I have to be in Canberra for some treatment of children in the suburb of tuggeranong area(learmonth drive) for three weeks in october 2008.could someone suggest inexpensive accomodation/self catering place?Also is there any store/grocery shop in learmonth drive?
      vpas

• vpas's Profile Photo

Victor Lodge in Dawes Street

Canberra Jul 2, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Does anyone know whether,Victor Lodge,in Daves Street,Kingston,is near this address --
      Learmonth Drive,Kambah,ACT
      and Also is it a safe place for a non-white single woman to stay?
      Please respond asap.
      Regards,
      Vpas

4 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

accomodation

Canberra Jul 2, 2008 at 2:32 AM

I am looking for accomodation in Canberra just for one night in the second week of July,near this address -- Learmonth Drive,Kambah ACT,2902,Australia.
      Can anyone suggest in which area I should look for accomodation,or can someone suggest a particular place that is budget,clean and safe for a single woman.Please hurry,since my travel dates are nearing.
      Vpas

5 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

hillside health clinic

Canberra Jun 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone know where this place is located?how far is it from Jolimont bus station?How can I reach there from the bus station?
      Thank you,
      Regards,
      Vpas

1 Answer Jun 25, 2008 at 6:02 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Hotel

Canberra Jan 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have not been able to locate any reviews regarding Hotel Formule 1,in Canberra, part of the Accor group. Does anyone have any information regarding the quality of this property? It is located at Federal Highway and Antill St.
      Thanks

8 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • laxref's Profile Photo

Live music venues

Canberra Nov 26, 2007 at 8:35 AM

My son is a musician (solo, alternative) and we are interesting in live music or "open mike" cafes in Canberra. Does anyone know of any in the city/area? Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2010 at 5:26 AM