Australia and Oceania Travel Answers

change location
ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Looking for ideas...

by ainsleigh Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM

My husband and I are thinking of getting hitched at city hall then going some fabulous island in Oceania for like 2 weeks. We were hoping for some ideas from VT... We love swimming and snorkeling, hiking, chillin on the beach, cultural stuff and wildlife. We really hate crowds and very touristy resort kinds of places and are willing to spend more energy to get someplace more culturally authentic and remote. So far French Polynesia and Tonga look great. Any ideas for us?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for ideas...

by balhannah Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

First, I haven't been there, but I was friends with a person who was born on the Cook Islands. She said it is beautiful, so may be worth having a look at. http://www.cookislands.travel/au

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leon.partsi's Profile Photo

by leon.partsi Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Might I recommend Vanuatu? Have a look at the VT Travel Guide for there. It's a $600 return flight from either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane in Australia. Some of the best snorkeling, hiking and scenery in the world.

Cheers, Leon

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The most important point is WHEN you want to travel - as it would not be very wise to travel to the islands - or wherever you want to go - during the cyclone season.

1 member found this helpful

• Ozziegiraffe's Profile Photo

by Ozziegiraffe Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Solomon Islands is probably the most diverse country and the least touristy in the region. Look at http://www.visitsolomons.com.sb/ and exploringsolomons.wikispaces.com for more information.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Australia and Oceania Travel Answer Locations