Australia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hotel near Lagoon?

Airlie Beach Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi, is there a hotel or b & b near the lagoon in Arlie Beach? We really want to swim there, it's enchanting!
      Thank you!
      Carrell & Marty

more
    • winter fishing in coffs

Coffs Harbour Jul 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM

what is the best species to target from the shore and what are the best methods???

more
    • I need help choosing a canyoning adventure

Blue Mountains National Park Jul 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hi, I'm in Blue Montains for two days (beginning tomorrow). Can you suggest me a canyoning adventure? Do I need to make a reservation?
      Thank you!

more
    • Seakayaking

Geraldton Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

is there anywhere to learn sea kayaking nr Geraldton?

more
    • Castlemaine Gaol

Castlemaine Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Is the gaol open on Sundays in July for any purpose?

more
    • Surf wetsuit

Bondi Beach Jul 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hello, somebody knows if i need a full wetsuit to surf with a sup at bondi beach in this time?

thanks

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Dinner recommendation

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM

We will be in Port Douglas for our 10th wedding anniversary in early August and would like to have a special dinner on the special day. Cost isn't an issue, but we will have our 16 month old daughter with us so it needs to be a child-friendly place. No kids menu necessary as she just eats off my plate. I would appreciate any suggestions for which restaurant.

more

Snorkelling with a 1 year old

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

My husband and I are going to Port Douglas to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in early August. We will have our 16 month old daughter with us too. We would love to go for a day trip snorkel tour. I'm looking for advice about the best tour, considering the type of boat and destination.

We will be staying in Port Douglas for 7 nights and Cairns for 2 nights, so preference would be to do the day tour from Port Douglas. Obviously we will take turns snorkelling as one of us will need to look after Siena. I know there are 2 types of tours - one type is just on a boat for the whole day and the other type is a boat trip to an island where you can snorkel off the shore. I like the idea of the island since it means Siena can run around and play at the water's edge while one of us snorkels, however I don't want to go with this option if the coral isn't as spectacular as snorkeling off a boat only tour if you know what I mean. These tours are not cheap, so I want to make sure we get to see some amazing coral. I've seen some of the tours that go to an island advertise glass bottom boats, which could be good for Siena but she is also very young and won't really understand what she is seeing. Siena is generally content anywhere she can run around (supervised of course) so any feedback about specific boats would be appreciated. Our entertainment book has a discount for tours with Silver Series, so any specific feedback about their tours would be great (that is a boat only tour).

Thanks in advance.

more
    • One day trip to Moreton Islands without booking any tour packages

Moreton Island Jun 23, 2014 at 4:41 AM

I am an individual (travelling alone) and planning to go to Moreton Islands from Brisbane but don't wish to book any tour packages as they are expensive and doesn't interest me. I don't have a 4WD and wants to see most of the place. Please suggest any suitable options and is it a good idea to go there on your own without a 4WD (which they say is a must).

more
    • How to get to the island in the afternoon

Rottnest Island Jun 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

How to get to the island after 4pm? My flight delayed!

more
    • Cheap and delicious Kangaroo Steak

Canberra Jun 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Where we can find deliecious kangaroo steak in Canberra with tight budget? Must be opened until late night. Thank you

more
    • Mural paintings

Broken Hill Jun 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I'm looking for a mural painting that was aparantly on the side of the old Capri pizza building? I'm trying to find it for a friend. Or do you know of someone who has a picture of it??? Desperately need to know

more
    • what to buy from australia in electronic gadgets

Sydney Yesterday

any kind of electronic device or gadget which is cheaper in australai than india ???

more
    • Good Spots for a decent breakfast

Gold Coast Yesterday

Hi, just wondering if anyone has found a great coffee/breakfast bar that isn't too commercial and not full of the normal rubbery eggs and fatty bacon?

more
    • miki64's Profile Photo

transport from Foster to Lake Entrance

Australia Jul 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I study how to go from these place and I found only this that seem useble:
      Foster - Yarram - Traralgon - Lake Entrance. Is there a better way by bus/rail or it's a unic solution?

more
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Adelaide

Adelaide Jun 30, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I'll be visiting Adelaide next week, and wondered if anyone has any restaurant recommendations (any type of cuisine, average price), as those in the travel guide seem a little old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

more
    • Travelling to Melbourne in November 2014

Australia Jun 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello :) I've just booked a flight and travel package to Melbourne in November. Just wondering if anyone is heading out to Melbourne around mid november, and what your plans are? I've been accepted for a working holiday visa so I'm planning to work, just a bit daunting going on my own :) Hayley

more
    • jillian.capuzzi@gmail.com

Port Fairy Jun 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Do you have any children's playgrounds in town

more
    • miki64's Profile Photo

Kangaroo Island

Australia Jun 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Supposing that I come from Mildura and I want to reach Kangaroo without car I have to go to Adelaide and then to Cape Jervis by Bus or there is a better way? Thanks

more
    • nadirgiuseppe's Profile Photo

Cost of living in Madagascar and exchange rates

Australia Jun 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

How much it would cost in AUD to live in a renting place in Madagascar?

more
    • How to get to the island in the afternoon

Rottnest Island Jun 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

How to get to the island after 4pm? My flight delayed!

more
    • must things to do in Gold coast in just one day

Gold Coast Jun 17, 2014 at 4:34 AM

must things to do in Gold coast in just one day ?

more
    • Transportation

Sydney Jul 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

What is the best way to get from the cruise port to Hotel Stellar (near Hyde Park) and also from the hotel to Circular Quay? Thank you.

more
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Lake Pedder & Southwest NP

Hobart Jun 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I spent a week in Tasmania more than two decades ago and I'm looking forward to another trip to the Island, a longer one this time. Southwest NP looks very interesting and I'm sure some of you have explored it. It seems that the only way to reach Mt. Solitary is by boat. Is there a boat service to the island ? is camping allowed on it ?

more
    • Working and Holiday Visa - Show Money

Australia Jun 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I am a US citizen that is soon to apply for a working visa at Aus. My girlfriend's family in Aus have sponsored the visa payments and I don't have that much money to even make it to the "5000 AUD" bracket as a show money of sustainability.

My question is: can I use the bank statement on their end including a letter from them as a proof of finance since I'll be staying on them? This is my viable option as of now since I don't have the nerve yet to demand from them to have the show money in the meantime just to get through. And if that's not possible, is it by chance enough to have the show money on my bank account even if it was just deposited a few days before the arrival on the immigration? And lastly, do I need to have the bank statement ready with the big amount before applying online?

I honestly don't know my options on this dilemma and I'll appreciate it if someone can guide me through.

more
    • which city is better to land to find a job ?

Australia Jul 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi everybody !
      I've planned a travel in Australia to discover the country but also to work in bars and hotels. I would like to know which city is better to land for this ?
      I'm sure there are a lot of backpackers with same goals so maybe I have to move as soon as I had landed in a less touristic area ?
      If somebody have some piece of advice for this , i'm on it !
      Thanks to all of you

7 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM
    • Castlemaine Gaol

Castlemaine Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Is the gaol open on Sundays in July for any purpose?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM
    • Gold Coast and Brisbane itinerary and weather

Gold Coast Jul 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Will be going to Gold Coast for 8 nights and in between to go Brisbane for a day trip. Travel period will be first 2 weeks of October - 2A and 2C (age 12 years old). Any good suggestion on where to go day by day and also what is the weather during this period?

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • hotel near Lagoon?

Airlie Beach Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi, is there a hotel or b & b near the lagoon in Arlie Beach? We really want to swim there, it's enchanting!
      Thank you!
      Carrell & Marty

• Inc Sidney for 3 days..staying at Intercontinental..Americans..where to eat?

Sydney Jul 8, 2014 at 6:45 AM

In Sidney for 3 days..staying at Intercontinental..Americans..where to eat?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    • A week away from Australia

Australia Jul 8, 2014 at 3:27 AM

If you live in Australia and have a week to spare, which foreign country would you choose to visit? Please give your reasons!

7 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • public transport

Sydney Jul 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM

hi, my family will be visiting Sydney end of this month, we are back-packers and wish to utilize all the public transports within the city.

may i know how can i obtain the tickets? and which ticket to buy? which offers us all of the public transport like buses, trains, ferries..

we are from Malaysia.

thanks!

7 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    • Travelling from Brisbane to Cairns over 20 Days

Australia Jul 7, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Afternoon all, Myself and my partner are traveling up the east coast come January and would like to ask for some advice on both places to visit/stay and how to travel. We have seen a lot of advistisment around the Greyhound coach service however would like the opinion of others. Other option is to hire a camper van for the independence?

]Please share your expierence and advice.

Many thanks
      Sam

7 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    • Hop on Hop off bus

Sydney Jul 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM

We're thinking of getting the two day hop on hop off bus ticket to get around town.
      OR - would one day be enough and use other transportation for the second day?

7 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Transportation

Sydney Jul 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

What is the best way to get from the cruise port to Hotel Stellar (near Hyde Park) and also from the hotel to Circular Quay? Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • winter fishing in coffs

Coffs Harbour Jul 6, 2014 at 7:18 AM

what is the best species to target from the shore and what are the best methods???

• Advice for traveling in WA

Exmouth Jul 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi everyone,
      My husband and I are from England and beginning in September we are starting a round the world trip for 3 months to celebrate my 70th birthday.
      As part of the trip we are traveling in WA for 5 weeks hiring a camper van for that period.
      Our intention is to travel from Perth to Exmouth and back. From what I have read the West coast is not highly populated and I was wondering about buying petrol and the towns where we can buy it, wouldn't want to run out that would be a nightmare.
      Also what are the best places to stock up on food and supplies.
      Should we book our campsites before we go or will this not be a problem booking as we go.
      We pick up the van on the 29th October for 5 weeks.
      Our main interests are snorkeling and walking.
      Oh we are not allowed to take our campervan off unsealed roads but would love to get some walking in the national parks.
      Any advice and suggestions for our trip would be highly appreciated.
      Jean

4 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • Surf wetsuit

Bondi Beach Jul 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hello, somebody knows if i need a full wetsuit to surf with a sup at bondi beach in this time?

thanks

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • miki64's Profile Photo

transport from Foster to Lake Entrance

Australia Jul 5, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I study how to go from these place and I found only this that seem useble:
      Foster - Yarram - Traralgon - Lake Entrance. Is there a better way by bus/rail or it's a unic solution?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Dinner recommendation

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM

We will be in Port Douglas for our 10th wedding anniversary in early August and would like to have a special dinner on the special day. Cost isn't an issue, but we will have our 16 month old daughter with us so it needs to be a child-friendly place. No kids menu necessary as she just eats off my plate. I would appreciate any suggestions for which restaurant.

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Snorkelling with a 1 year old

Port Douglas Jul 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

My husband and I are going to Port Douglas to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in early August. We will have our 16 month old daughter with us too. We would love to go for a day trip snorkel tour. I'm looking for advice about the best tour, considering the type of boat and destination.

We will be staying in Port Douglas for 7 nights and Cairns for 2 nights, so preference would be to do the day tour from Port Douglas. Obviously we will take turns snorkelling as one of us will need to look after Siena. I know there are 2 types of tours - one type is just on a boat for the whole day and the other type is a boat trip to an island where you can snorkel off the shore. I like the idea of the island since it means Siena can run around and play at the water's edge while one of us snorkels, however I don't want to go with this option if the coral isn't as spectacular as snorkeling off a boat only tour if you know what I mean. These tours are not cheap, so I want to make sure we get to see some amazing coral. I've seen some of the tours that go to an island advertise glass bottom boats, which could be good for Siena but she is also very young and won't really understand what she is seeing. Siena is generally content anywhere she can run around (supervised of course) so any feedback about specific boats would be appreciated. Our entertainment book has a discount for tours with Silver Series, so any specific feedback about their tours would be great (that is a boat only tour).

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jul 6, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    • I need help choosing a canyoning adventure

Blue Mountains National Park Jul 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hi, I'm in Blue Montains for two days (beginning tomorrow). Can you suggest me a canyoning adventure? Do I need to make a reservation?
      Thank you!

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Adelaide

Adelaide Jun 30, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I'll be visiting Adelaide next week, and wondered if anyone has any restaurant recommendations (any type of cuisine, average price), as those in the travel guide seem a little old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Lake Pedder & Southwest NP

Hobart Jun 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I spent a week in Tasmania more than two decades ago and I'm looking forward to another trip to the Island, a longer one this time. Southwest NP looks very interesting and I'm sure some of you have explored it. It seems that the only way to reach Mt. Solitary is by boat. Is there a boat service to the island ? is camping allowed on it ?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • Working and Holiday Visa - Show Money

Australia Jun 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I am a US citizen that is soon to apply for a working visa at Aus. My girlfriend's family in Aus have sponsored the visa payments and I don't have that much money to even make it to the "5000 AUD" bracket as a show money of sustainability.

My question is: can I use the bank statement on their end including a letter from them as a proof of finance since I'll be staying on them? This is my viable option as of now since I don't have the nerve yet to demand from them to have the show money in the meantime just to get through. And if that's not possible, is it by chance enough to have the show money on my bank account even if it was just deposited a few days before the arrival on the immigration? And lastly, do I need to have the bank statement ready with the big amount before applying online?

I honestly don't know my options on this dilemma and I'll appreciate it if someone can guide me through.

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    • Is Emerald worth seeing

Emerald Jun 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM

What is there do do and see in Emerald. Is it worth spending 3 days there

6 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • Adelaide Parklands Station

Adelaide Jun 28, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I have to pick up a passenger from Perth and then drive them and luggage to Kangaroo Island. Can I get my car close to the station/platform? How?

10 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • Travelling to Melbourne in November 2014

Australia Jun 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hello :) I've just booked a flight and travel package to Melbourne in November. Just wondering if anyone is heading out to Melbourne around mid november, and what your plans are? I've been accepted for a working holiday visa so I'm planning to work, just a bit daunting going on my own :) Hayley

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • A walk in nature

Sydney Jun 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I see that around Sydney many beautiful parks (reserves)! Help me choose one or two:
      - Had an amazing rich nature
      - Where Moen get without a car, train or bus (about 2-4 hours)
      - the possibility to rent a tent (not required)

10 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Overland Track

Australia Jun 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I'm planning a trip to Tasmania. When is the best time to walk the Overland Track ? Are there Aussie groups that I can join ? I would like to do it at a reasonable pace, enjoy the track's wonders without a hurry.

5 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    • Ha-fiizh's Profile Photo

First Time in Sydney!

Sydney Jun 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM

My girlfriend and I are planning to spend 6 nights in Sydney on October for the first time. We are planning to explore Sydney at its best. We are going to rent a car to make it easier to go to the Blue Mountains or anywhere else that makes a great itinerary. Hope you can help, THANK YOU!

4 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • Seakayaking

Geraldton Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

is there anywhere to learn sea kayaking nr Geraldton?

• 7_seconds's Profile Photo

need help with trip planing

Cairns Jun 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM

hello there! my husband and i are planing our honeymoon in australia in september. we will be based in sydney but my greatest desire is to visit great barrier reef. so i chose cairns as a base because i've heard there are situated most companies for GBR. we plan to stay in cairns maybe 2-3 or 4 days max. during that time i'd like to see something else in the surrounding area, and i've been surfing for interesting things for a while now and i only got frustrated and confused - there are SO many things to see and do there! its so hard to pick which ones to go during those few days.

so what i'm really looking for are suggestions, what should we take? we are on a bit of a budget too, but still, apart form GBR it seems to me that Daintree rainforest is and interesting site to see as well. also some whitewater rafting is said to be good as well. whitsundays are beautiful also and apparently can't be missed..
      i was looking for GBR tours and some of the major companies are situated in port douglas. is it better to be based in port douglas rather than cairns?

i'm completely lost :-(

we are looking for active holiday, i don't really care much about swiming pools, sunbathing or the "lazy" activities, we prefer seeing as much of australia as possible.

11 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • One day trip to Moreton Islands without booking any tour packages

Moreton Island Jun 23, 2014 at 4:41 AM

I am an individual (travelling alone) and planning to go to Moreton Islands from Brisbane but don't wish to book any tour packages as they are expensive and doesn't interest me. I don't have a 4WD and wants to see most of the place. Please suggest any suitable options and is it a good idea to go there on your own without a 4WD (which they say is a must).

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • Safety in Coona?

Coonabarabran Jun 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Planning to move down to Coona for work, just wanted to know if it's generally safe for a 25 y.o female to be living alone there?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM