hi from South Aus., I would like to use the free tram to get around the centre of Melbourne and also visit Harbour Town, is the tram easily recognisable? Does the route always go to Harbour Town or only certain ones?
If you car considering coming to Australia in September 2014, then we would love for you to join us on this outback trip north of Cairns, top end of Queensland Australia. There are many things planned including countryside, wilderness, mountains, tropical rain forest, awesome beaches, Aboriginal art, stunning sunsets, Australian wildlife and of course fantastic company :o) Check it out here and sign up if you are able to join us on another great Australian adventure -
Which is the better option - guided or self-guided tour?
Can you please advise what you believe is the best time of year to plan a wedding in the area.
Weather needs to be a primary consideration as the ceremony will be outdoors.
No rain and not to hot or cold etc : )
hello, im heading out to Australia alone at the begining of July to start my working hoilday. i fly out to Sydney and have my first few nights sorted, after that i have no other plans. is it best to travel up to Cairns to start as it will be warmer weather then work my way down, or just stay in Sydney and work my way up? i also want to do a bit of travelling and see a few sights before i get a job. any advice? thanks
Where can I buy large sea cucumbers (wet & dried) & Abalone in Perth?
Hey planning to go travelling on my own to Australia this September. Any tips on finding work preferably before I get there? Going to start in Sydney and work up the east coast. Any tips on travelling alone too a part from the obvious? I want work really that involved board but I imagine so will thousands of other travellers. Thanks
Van or Minibus c/w driver for hire in Sydney - for picking up and drop off in airport, a day trip out to Hunter Valley and also another day out to Jenolan Caves and BlueMountain- the best transporter or guide tour contact. Is it cheaper to hire a whole van or minibus to go visiting these places than using tour agency? We will be staying at family home, possible for request to pick up from home instead of hotel?
Can anyone suggest what others place to visit during our 8 days holiday in Sydney?
SYD-BNE-MEL airport --> hotel public transport advice
Seeking cheaper-than-taxi to/from city center = train, bus, other?
Carry-on luggage only.
Using public transport at each 5-6 night stays.
Do airports offer multi-day passes?
(all hotel stays via award points, not cash)
Thanks in advance!
SYD: Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
BNE: Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane
MEL: Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, Hilton On The Park Melbourne
We are looking for a simple cabin/cottage in the bushes of Blue Mountains area to stay. We shall only stay there for 2 nights from 10 Apr as family members are joining us. Any recommendation?
Hi! I'm going to Brisbane in mid-October for half a year, but before this I want to see a bit more of the Australian country. Where to should I then go? I am planning for ca. two weeks. I think Western Australia is a bit out of bounds, don't you? So I was thinking Melbourne/Sydney area, but then I am absolutely up for suggestions! I want to travel around a bit, which is the best way? Train, bus, hitck-hiking? Are there any detinations that are particularly interesting? I have considered Twelve Apostels, is that worthwhile? Thanks for feedback! :)
What we can do and see this Sunday by a boat in lake macquarie? where is the good spots for fishing. Thank you!
We will be staying at the Sheraton Mirage in Main Beach but over 4 days needing to go up and back to Brisbane for meetings/dinner etc. We like to use public transit where possible but wondering if we should rent a car this time. How is the drive in the morning or at night? Will the rail work? Thank you!
I am stock shooter. I supply photos to educational textbooks, travel media.
My March-April itinerary is SYD-BNE-MEL-HNL-LAX.
At each location I am looking for free observation decks
or high floor restaurants, hotels, office buildings where
I can take city views -- no window better than window.
Any advice from those "in the know" appreciated. Thanks!
(am posting to each destination's forum, no cross posting intended)
visiting 5 days in March; using public transportation; any advice on additions, corrections, appreciated! [yes] [yes] [yes]
1. cycling paths, Merri Creek Trail in northern suburbs, Yarra Trail by Yarra River east of city, Bike Share Scheme free if returned within 30 min. See www.melbournebikeshare.com.au. 2. street art, Hosier Lane cobbled pedestrian lane city centre by Flinders Street, Centre Place (btwn Flinders Lane & Collins Street), Canada Lane in Carlton, just north of city centre. 3. Royal Botanic Gardens on Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra, Shrine of Remembrance 4. Lentil as Anything, guests "contribute" what they feel their meal is worth, original restaurant at Abbotsford Convent, historic buildings & gardens transformed into cultural & learning centre, lentilasanything.com 5. Queen Victoria Market, 513 Elizabeth Street, City. Closed Mon, Wed, holidays. www.qvm.com.au 6. Federation Square, city centre, free events, such as live music and dance performances, free Wi-Fi, Australian Centre for the Moving Image 7. Grainger Museum, Univ of Melbourne, Gate 13, Royal Parade, Parkville. Open Tue-Fri, Sun, 1P-4.30P 8. City Circle Tram, circles city centre, passing attractions, incl. Flinders Street Station & Docklands 9. bus or ferry fare: St Kilda beach, city views, sunsets, Brighton colorful bathing boxes. 10. Fitzroy Gardens, SE edge city centre, picnics, weddings, ornamental lake, rotunda, band pavilion, possums, lorikeets, flying foxes, Cooks' Cottage
11. State Library of Victoria, reading rooms Monday-Thursday: 10A–9P; Friday to Sunday: 10A–6P
12. National Gallery of Victoria International, St Kilda Road, The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square, The Arts Centre, all within short stroll
13. Old Treasury Building Museum, Spring Street
14. ACCA, Australian Centre for Contemporary Art 111 Sturt Street, Southbank
15. Yarra River Art: outdoor contemporary art gallery, sculpture, paintings, architecture, 'soundscape'
17. Footscray: Vietnamese-Ethiopian-Somalian-Sudanese presence.
a. biggest urban shopping mall-center?
b. urban street or mall popular with teens?
c. same for young adults
d. same for those showing off their taste in fashion
We are planning a trip to Australia - Sydney with our two kids - 7 years and 3 years. What are some of the must see sights for kids and what other kid friendly activities does the city offer?
Am visiting 5 days mid March, using public transportation;
Want to take pictures of shopping, dining, attractions,
culture, diversity, daily life, economy, recreation, etc.
Any additions, advice, or corrections appreciated!!:
1. New Farm Park, beautiful park on the river's edge
2. Queensland Museum & Sciencentre, Hands on encounters
3. Mt Coot-tha Lookout, Breathtaking views of Brisbane & Moreton Bay
4. City Botanic Gardens, 10-minute walk from Queen St Mall in CBD
5. Brisbane Square Library, new Brisbane City Council library at end of Queen Street Mall, in Brisbane Square
6. Window shopping Queen Street Mall
7. Albert Street Literary Walk
8. Museum of Brisbane
9. Roma Street Parklands, world's largest subtropical garden in a city centre
10. Wickham Terrace at Spring Hill, oldest surviving building in Brisbane - the Old Windmill
11. free concert at Customs House by UQ School of Music every Sunday
12. Brisbane City Hall Visitor Experience Centre
13. Southbank: Parklands, riverfront Promenade, 1km long Grand Arbour, Streets Beach, galleries, museums
14. South Bank Lifestyle Markets: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
15. suburb: New Farm Park cricket, football, Powerhouse Arts Centre
16. suburb: People-watch in The Valley (Fortitude Valley) - entertainment precinct
17. Valley Markets: Brunswick St Mall, ChinaTown Mall, Brunswick Street, FortitudeValley - Sat-Sun 8A-4P
18. Kangaroo Point boats on river, abseilers & rock climbers on cliffs, bike ride base of cliffs for city views
19. suburb: Paddington Antique Centre in historic Plaza Theatre
20. suburb: Rocks Riverside Park in Seventeen Mile Rocks
21. suburb: Wynnum Wading Pool
22. Davies Park West End Markets Sat 6A-2P
23. Riverside at the Pier Markets Sunday 7A-3P at Eagle Street Pier
So a Japanese friend of mine is looking to get a work visa in Australia and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for making this possible?
She speaks English extremely well and is currently doing freelance translation work, and I imagine that's the sort of work she could do in this country. She has qualifications, etc.
We've both looked at government website which makes it sound extremely difficult to get a visa so I was hoping to here some more positive, real-world experiences and advice.
Which hotel, motel or serviced apartment would you suggest that is close to the Corio Leisure Centre at Anakie Road? If possible, by walking or public transport? Thanks.
What the best snorkeling place in New South Wales and Queensland in March?
Where is south beach port dennison access 4x4
I'm planning a cruise to the islands around port douglas some time this year. I want to know what the weather is like.
I'd like it to be up to 25 during the day but would like the nights to be a bit warm to. Any suggestions as to which month is good. Thanks Nina
I book a car from Avis car rental company for 7days. First time free & easy to Brisbane & Gold coast in early June. Been reading about excess reduction insurance, one vehicle accident, etc. Can someone give advices what type of car insurance should I get & which company should I get it from? I be getting just the basic travel insurance in Singapore.
We are contemplating getting off the train at Gladstone (or another suitable stop) and either hiring a car or joining a tour (if such things exist) to spend a few days in the Flinders Ranges. It seems like we could save 9 hours of travel, by not going into Adelaide and back to Port Pirie on the train) and get a head start on going to the Flinders (and spend time in Port Pirie, of course) when we come back to catch the train onwards to Perth.
Are there local buses or some other way of getting the 30km from Gladstone to Port Pirie? where presumably we could pick up a rental? Obviously, if it took too long to get ourselves to Port Pirie, then we might as well stay on the train.
Any thoughts anybody?
We want to fly from Brisbane to Whitsundays the 23 of april. I have read some posts that Airlie beach is the cheapest and best place to stay to get around the islands. Is it holiday in Australia these dates? Will we need to be booking any room in advanced? How many days are needed in Whitsundays and Port Douglas? Where is it most fun? We are 25yo.
Which airline is the most economical for a London - Melbourne flight?
can any one inform me of the recommended ride height required for a 4x4 on Moreton island, I have just purchased an Isuzu mux and want to have it set up for beach and island driving (Moreton and Frazer). as you can tell I am new to driving a 4x4. thank you in advance for your responses.
Hello. I m max :) i m looking for someone to go along the pacific coast to cairns. Rent a car and go!! 2-3 weeks of travel! anyone interested let me know!
Hello, I will be spending 2 and a half weeks vacation in Sydney / New South Wales in July. Could you please give me some pointers as to what to do, what to visit and how to divide our time between city and other visits/activities. Thank you!
Hey, I will be traveling from England to Adelaide in Australia soon and I just had a few questions.
At the airport in Manchester, when I check in and hand my suitcase over, will I pick it up again in Adelaide? I stop off at Dubai for a few hours, so I'm not sure if I will need to check or do anything about it while I'm there?
Also when I land in Australia, is there anything that I will need? My visa was granted and I got the confirmation in e-mail, but will I need to print out the e-mail or will the staff at the Adelaide airport be able to know that my visa was approved.
Also I read something about a Passenger Card. Will I need to fill that in before I get on the plane, or do you get a card on the plane and you can fill it out then?
And lastly, is there anything else that I should know or need to take on the journey with me that I'll need at the Australian airport?