Australia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wilson prom

Wilsons Promontory National Park Aug 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

hi, me and some friends r planning to check out wilson prom and would like to know where id the first and last stop to do and see in wilson prom, thank :)

more
    • Has anyone been to Riverlife?

Brisbane Aug 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM

I'm doing some research on Riverlife and want to know if anyone has been there are tried their experiences? Is it worth it and what are the best activities to do? Thnx!

more
    • moving to Perth

Perth Aug 11, 2015 at 1:35 AM

I am moving to Perth in a couple of months from Mexico for a year. Please help me with some tips for my travel and accomodtions, I will be traveling with a 3 years old daughter.
      ADRIANA

more
    • Working Holiday visa and dependent visas

Australia Aug 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM

I can apply for a working holiday visa, can I bring my wife along on the same visa as a dependent ie on a dependent visa? There is a site that says yes (informationplanet.com.au/vis...) but I cant be sure so any advice would be great since we want to go back and really test the waters to stay and live.
      Thanks

more
    • What to pick, 3 of the 4?

State of Tasmania Aug 16, 2015 at 4:32 PM

hi!
      i've been very ambitious planning my 4 days to Hobart and i'm realizing what i want to do won't all fit.
      Of these 4 day trips, which 3 would you choose:
      1. Freycinet/Wineglass Bay Hike
      2. Tasman Island Cruise/Port Arthur
      3. Bruny Island Cruise/Bruny Island (if not this cruise, i was still thinking 1/2 day on the island...??)
      4. Hastings Caves Tour

Thanks in advance!
      abC

more
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Itinerary and transports suggestions

Australia Aug 27, 2015 at 9:08 AM

I am looking for ideas on how to move around in Australia for 3 weeks u to 1 month next november/december. Places I want to visit for sure are Melbourne, Cairns, Uluru and Redland bay (visiting a friend so at least 1 week there). Adelaide and Kangaroo island could be options if time is enough. Itinerary suggestions are also welcome.

more
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Itinerary and transports suggestions

Australia Aug 27, 2015 at 9:08 AM

I am looking for ideas on how to move around in Australia for 3 weeks u to 1 month next november/december. Places I want to visit for sure are Melbourne, Cairns, Uluru and Redland bay (visiting a friend so at least 1 week there). Adelaide and Kangaroo island could be options if time is enough. Itinerary suggestions are also welcome.

17 Answers 11 hours ago
    • Has anyone been to Riverlife?

Brisbane Aug 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM

I'm doing some research on Riverlife and want to know if anyone has been there are tried their experiences? Is it worth it and what are the best activities to do? Thnx!

2 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 4:10 PM
    • wilson prom

Wilsons Promontory National Park Aug 17, 2015 at 8:13 PM

hi, me and some friends r planning to check out wilson prom and would like to know where id the first and last stop to do and see in wilson prom, thank :)

1 Answer Aug 17, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    • What to pick, 3 of the 4?

State of Tasmania Aug 16, 2015 at 4:32 PM

hi!
      i've been very ambitious planning my 4 days to Hobart and i'm realizing what i want to do won't all fit.
      Of these 4 day trips, which 3 would you choose:
      1. Freycinet/Wineglass Bay Hike
      2. Tasman Island Cruise/Port Arthur
      3. Bruny Island Cruise/Bruny Island (if not this cruise, i was still thinking 1/2 day on the island...??)
      4. Hastings Caves Tour

Thanks in advance!
      abC

4 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    • moving to Perth

Perth Aug 11, 2015 at 1:35 AM

I am moving to Perth in a couple of months from Mexico for a year. Please help me with some tips for my travel and accomodtions, I will be traveling with a 3 years old daughter.
      ADRIANA

2 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • Working Holiday visa and dependent visas

Australia Aug 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM

I can apply for a working holiday visa, can I bring my wife along on the same visa as a dependent ie on a dependent visa? There is a site that says yes (informationplanet.com.au/vis...) but I cant be sure so any advice would be great since we want to go back and really test the waters to stay and live.
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 2:11 PM
    • History of Servicemen on Dunk Island in WW2

Dunk Island Jul 27, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Hi Is there a museum or sorts identifying the time when service men were stationed on Dunk during WW2

1 Answer Aug 8, 2015 at 7:27 AM
    • Best time for wildflowers this season

Stirling Range Jul 26, 2015 at 11:07 PM

When do you estimate the best time for viewing should be this year please

3 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    • First trip to Perth

Perth Jul 26, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Me

Hi, my friend and I are visiting perth from 10-15 aug, we both can't drive.
      planning on the following.

Day 1 - arrive perth in the evening, kings park or swan valley but not sure if it will be too dark to see anything
      Day 2 - perth city
      Day 3 - pinnacles and wild life park
      Day 4 - Margaret river or wave rock or mandurah which some people recommend
      Day 5 - fremantle
      Day 6 - return flight but have a few hours as flight will be in the evening

please advise any suggestion on the above and how should we go about on our own if we are not joining any day tour since we do not drive

Thanks in advance........... Sally

5 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 12:10 AM
    • KoalaB's Profile Photo

Local knowledge required for Melbourne in State of Victoria Australia

Melbourne Jul 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Trying to find a hotel for accommodation close to where I can hop on a tram to get to Etihad Stadium. We have tickets to the Royal Military Tattoo next February but most hotels in the CBD are either booked out or very expensive and we're not after 5 star accommodation. Someone with local knowledge may be of more assistance than staff at travel agents and Victorian Tourism!

7 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Name of a Bakery

Tasmania Jul 24, 2015 at 4:23 AM

My friends are visiting Tasmania in a couple of weeks and have had no success in discovering the name of the bakery that Princess Mary of Denmark visits inTasmania.
      Virtual Tourist will help said I....so my friends do not let me down....can anyone tell me please?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • best road for caravan

Wollongong Jul 23, 2015 at 1:09 PM

want to travel along sea cliff bridge to wollongong with caravan From sydney. Heard roads are steep and windy. Can you recommend best way to travel

2 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 11:26 PM
    • middle eastern restaurant

Sydney Jul 23, 2015 at 1:04 PM

after a good lebanese restaurant in and around sydney and suburbs

2 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM
    • public transport

Gold Coast Jul 23, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Can I get public transport from tweed heads south to movie world?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    • American Visa approval time

Australia Jul 21, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Just found out hubby needs a visa to go to America as his esta was declined. Does anyone know how long this will take as we are due to depart October 18th this year. Feeling we will not have enough time to get one for him.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    • A mystery building

Port Adelaide Jul 19, 2015 at 4:15 AM

PORT ADELAIDE, SEMAPHORE , SOUTH AUSTRALIA: does anybody remember this story building that was situated on causeway road between Glanville and Ethelton Train station.

• from Perth to Broome Tour Western Australia

Australia Jul 13, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Hey all, i will be in Australia for two weeks in the end of September, and i would like to take 10 days tour from Perth to Broome, I am looking for a good deal with company that i can trust. do you have some experience or some offers? I am traveling alone so if there are some people that planing to make the tour i would like to talk to them.

4 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 1:01 AM
    • Melbourne DEC Itinerary!! HELPP

Melbourne Jul 13, 2015 at 7:41 AM

im coming to Melb this Dec with my best friend for the 1st time! is there any suggested itineraries?? i'll be there for 4 days 4 night! thankss :)

2 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • Cost of Food on Lord Howe Island

Lord Howe Island Jul 12, 2015 at 4:41 PM

We are planning to stay on LHI next April, self-catering, and would like to know the availability/cost of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. I hear that they are quite expensive.

1 Answer Jul 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM
    • Looking for people to come camping on the Great Barrier Reef

Australia Jul 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM

We have a trip organised to North West Island on Great Barrier Reef off Gladstone but I need 10 more people to make up the numbers for the transfer boat to take us to the island (25 people minimum), the cost is $295 per person for the boat plus $5.5 per night for national park camping fees. You have to bring all your own camping equipment and food. Water is supplied and there is a toilet on the island.
      The approximate departure date from Gladstone is 23 December 2015 returning around 4 January 2016
      Its turtle nesting season so you will see plenty of big turtles coming up at night to lay eggs.
      Cheers,
      Marty

1 Answer Jul 10, 2015 at 7:33 AM
    • chery08's Profile Photo

Surry Hill

Sydney Jul 9, 2015 at 2:07 AM

I heard about Surry Hill and it's a pretty chic place to be and nice cafes in there.
      However, i tried searching for ways to get there but still unsure.
      Could anyone advise and where is nice to hang out in? Is it safe in that area after dark?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    • Rottnest and Perth in the Winter (July)

Perth Jul 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM

Visiting Perth this month in a little over a week with my fiance and we'll be visiting Rotto but we would like to do some snorkeling. How is the water in terms of being rough or manageable during July? We hear there will be more marine life due to a southerly warm current that passes by Rotto.
      Also on a more general note, we've never been to Perth in the winter so we've no idea to what extent do we need to prepare winter clothing. Any suggestions would be great, we have fleece jumpers and the sort. Would this be enough or should we pack something a little more heavy duty?
      Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

6 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    • Where to go During Aug ?

Sydney Jul 5, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Hi all, I would be going to Sydney on 3 Aug to 8 Aug, I read a few forum that I should avoid going to Blue mountain for this month because of the poor visiblilty. can anyone advice me where i should go instead during this season or where I should not go as well. Eg Beach ? Much appreciated

Greeting from Singapore,
      Kirstein

9 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    • August itinerary, HELP!

Melbourne Jul 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Dear all, I am wondering if you could help me for the updating news for itinerary this August. Me and my partner will go to Melbourne on 1st August, and stays for my friend's wedding on 8th (at Melbourne). I am planning on visit Sydney (or maybe other interesting places/cities) during that time, or wander around Melb before 8th. i will go back on 11th.

I am not really into wildlife (like climbing or such) but i am excited to see koala and kangaroo since it's my first time to Aussie. I like taking selfies so i hope there're pretty places included.
      If it possible could you please suggest several places to visit in one location so i wouldn't spend much time on the road. Plus, i couldn't rent a car since we dont have international driving license. Please also suggest the public transport we could have.

Thank you so much for your help! really appreciate it. Hope you could help me.
      Regards
      Mira

4 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 1:16 AM
    • Weather in Autumn and what to wear

Sydney Jul 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Hi all
      I will be going to Sydney in March 16 for a concert. How is the weather like during March? I heard that it rains a lot. What should I wear? If it's in the twenties, will shorts and sandals be sufficient?

4 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 1:19 AM
    • First visit to Australia-4d3n @ perth

Perth Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, my friend and I ( both females) are traveling to Perth on the coming 24th-27th July. As we only managed to squeeze out 4d3n for the trip, we would like your kind advice on the following :

1. Given our time constrain, Is the following itinerary feasible?

Day 1: kings park

• (arriving Perth @ 1730hrs)

Day 2: Caversham + Nambung national park
      Day 3: Fremantle
      Day 4: Perth city ( Bell Tower, the Perth Mint...etc)

• return flight @ 1830 hrs

Are there any points of interests not to be missed that can be slotted in, other than those mentioned above?

2. In terms on accommodation, We are currently looking at Hyat/ Duxton/ Hilton/ Holiday Inn/ The Nest on Newcastle. May I know which one is better and more conveniently located, based on our itinerary above?

Thank you so much in advance!

4 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 8:11 PM
    • Visiting in July

Melbourne Jun 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM

I will be travelling to melbourne this weekend and will stay there for a month. I see it's winter there and am planning my packing accordingly. It would be great though if somebody who is/ have been there can answer a few queries for me:

1. What to pack for a month in July? I will be working till 17:00 on weekdays and will have weekends for myself.

2. Any good trek/ mountain area nearby that can be covered in a day?

3. Any specific area for good food? And beer :D

Also, i would love to meet you guys on weekends to explore the city for a day or two together, the local way. Please let me know and let's plan.

TIA, vt1026

10 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • Travelling solo for the first time

Perth Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I am travelling solo to Perth on the 27th July to 1st Aug 15. Totally clueless on how to go about planning for the trip. Moreover having issues with accommodation as due to budget constraint. Please help.
      Anu

4 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • Transportation

Airlie Beach Jun 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM

We are travelling by train from Mission Beach to Proserpine. I want to know the best way to get to our hotel from the station, whether it be by taxi or the bus service available from the station, which is a $33 for both of us. I'm not sure where our hotel (Martinique) is from the centre of Airlie Beach, so what would be the best form of travel?

• Suggestion for outings that are cheap or free for kids below 5 years

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Can anyone suggest some places to visit for kids below 5 years that are cheap or free. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 6:56 AM