Australia Travel Answers

change location
Janiebird69's Profile Photo

Return Flights to Brisbane for Family of Four in April 2014

by Janiebird69 Online Now May 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hi, I would really appreciate any advice. I am planning to fly to Brisbane to stay with my brother and his family. I have signed up for the airline newsletters and keep an eye out for flash sales but they are all for June 2013 at the moment. Is it possible to get a good deal on flights this early or will I need to wait until nearer the time. We have saved up so have the cash to pay immediately. We live in Manchester but would be prepared to fly from London if it is significantly cheaper. The flights are for my and my husband and our 12 year old twins. Thank you very much in anticipation of your help and advice. Janie

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Return Flights to Brisbane for Family of Four in April 2014

by davidjo Online Now May 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM

http://www.skyscanner.com.ph/
    Keep in touch with ticket prices with the above link. They are quoting prices for April'14 and you can click on 'FLEXIBLE' and you can see the deals for each day of the month. Check each day as prices will change now and again.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now May 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I would also consider flying into Sydney if this is easier, I don,t know how many airlines use Brisbane. Bris. does have an international airport but it wouldn,t service as many airlines. You could then fly domestic from Sydney to Brisbane.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now May 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Check closer to the time, like January 2014
    Flight prices will drop for sure. There is a price war going on at the moment in Australia

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now May 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Airlines most likely do not have April 2014 flight schedules yet, far too early to book.

• Re: Return Flights to Brisbane for Family of Four in April 2014

by Kuskiwi Online Now May 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Emirates are likely to be the most hassle free for you as they fly Manchester, change in Dubai and then onto Brisbane. You may also want to weigh up the convenience factor against the costs. Sign up for their newsletter also. Also check Easter and school holiday dates as this can make a huge difference to the discounted fare availability.

2 members found this helpful

• tumbytraveller's Profile Photo

by tumbytraveller Online Now May 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Jetstar have a companion sale on, buy one second person goes for free. Maybe that might be worth checking out for your internal fares.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now May 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Kuskiwi wrote:
    Emirates are likely to be the most hassle free for you as they fly Manchester, change in Dubai and then onto Brisbane. You may also want to weigh up the convenience factor against the costs. Sign up for their newsletter also. Also check Easter and school holiday dates as this can make a huge difference to the discounted fare availability.

For convenience I agree that Emirates is your best bet.  They fly from Manchester via Dubai to Brisbane every day and they usually have pretty good Earlybird Fares.  If you fly into Sydney you are going to then have to pay for another flight to Brisbane, so even if the international part of the flight is cheaper, you will probably end up paying the same or more by flying into Sydney.  The long haul flight from England to Australia is pretty tough going at the best of times and for that reason you will be far better off flying straight to Brisbane as your port of entry.

Keep a watch on the Emirates website for their Earlybird fares.  I was able to get an Earlybird fare to Paris one time which came online ten months before my departure date. Be aware that some Emirates flights arrive in Brisbane at 00.40am.  Go for the one that arrives at about 7am every morning for convenience.

Having said that since you have friends here in Brisbane who will probably be happy to pick you up in the middle of the night then maybe you can get the first option a little cheaper.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time in my hometown.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now May 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Emirates often allow a stopover in Dubai, a good method of arriving fresh into Australia. One or two nights in Dubai.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Australia Travel Answer Locations