Australia Travel Answers

change location

Working holiday?

by SophieMS Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Okay so I am looking to travel around australia for one year on a working visa, but I have no idea where to start in planning this trip. So any advice would be much appreciated :)

Sophie

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Working holiday?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:09 AM

There have been several postings about working holidays recently on the forum so i suggest you enter Australia on the travel answers---jump to location and look what has been discussed, it will assist you

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM

SophieMS wrote:
    Okay so I am looking to travel around australia for one year on a working visa, but I have no idea where to start in planning this trip. So any advice would be much appreciated :)

Sophie

Hi Sophie

It would be helpful if you tell what your interests are-  eg do you like beaches, mountains, walking, historical places etc.  Also, what your budget is. Accommodatin in Australia (especially Sydney and Melbourne is not exactky cheap, but there are great hostels available for travellers, You could cook your own meals to save, because most hostels have a communal kitchen ,Where you start depends on the season,  North is warmer than South. (eg Queensland and NSW are better in winter, Melbourne can be chilly. And what kind of work are you interested in?

Please feel free to email me if you have any specific questions

Lynne

1 member found this helpful

• by SophieMS Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:35 AM

hi thanks for your reply :) i love beaches so this would be the highest on my agenda but i also want to see the sights and experience as much of australia as i can. My budget really is dependent on how much i need, as i will save up until i reach the required amount. Also when it comes to work i will accept anything and everything a job is a job to me, am not fussed.

• craic's Profile Photo

by craic Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM

if you are interested in bar work please be aware that many if not most venues that sell alcohol will want you to have a RSA certificate (responsible service of alcohol) and they may want you to have a Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) too

these certtificates are easily obtained, but it does cost money and time to get them

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hi Sophie, welcome to VT, and happy birthday.

A couple of questions - what time of year do you plan to arrive and which city(ies) does the airline you'll use fly to?

Those two things will make a big difference to what advice we might give you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Australia Travel Answer Locations