Australia Travel Answers

change location

where to travel this year?

by steph888 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Hi there. looking for advice on cool things to do anywhere in the world.

i'm thinking something at least 3 weeks to do when i first leave just to ease into the whole travelling alone thing. i did 8 months of volunteer work in 2009 so looking for something a little different to do. Any ideas? i have all year to travel and wanting to leave end on march.

(i have just put my location at aus because thats where i leave and needed to put somewhere. but keen for any ideas, anywhere) thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Re: where to travel this year?

by Jerelis Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Hello and welcome to VT.

I guess your question is way to general. It might be a good thing to describe yourself and what your interests are. Or, for example, tell us what kind of travel you prefer (adventures?).

Good luck,

Jeroen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: where to travel this year?

by davidjo Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Why don't you travel along the Mekhong from the Vietnam Delta to the source? How about the Siberian Express to Moscow from Vladivostok? Kayak along the whole of the amazon!!!

Lots of ideas, so explain your interests!!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Would help if you gave us some idea of your interests

• Re: where to travel this year?

by steph888 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

thanks so much to everyone that has replied. i have done some further research and as i have completed 3 years of nursing and midwifery at university i am thinking about doing some volunteer work in the maternity area. i still have one more year to complete until i am fully qualified so am looking for volunteer work available to midwifery student.

At the moment i am concidering South Africa and somewhere in central or south america. i dont speak spanish but am considering doing an intersive spanish course before. however would want to go somewhere where english is commonly understood.

DOes anyone have any advise or organisations/clinics i could contact.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Australia Travel Answer Locations