Australia Travel Answers

change location

TRANSPORT AND STAY IN AUSTRALIA

by Mihirnama Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM

we are a family of four ,2 adults and 2 children travelling to australia in second week of may 2013.will it be cheaper to rent a car from brisbane airport for Goldcoast tour (all the theme parks and the other sightseeing) or would it be cheaper to travel by local buses . We also want to travel to tangalooma islands ,which would be the most economical option to stay in ?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: TRANSPORT AND STAY IN AUSTRALIA

by balhannah Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Car will give you the flexibility to travel around and go to the gold coast hinterland if you so wish. For four of you, it may not work out anymore expensive than using public transport.

Public buses go to the theme parks.  For Tangalooma Island, you will need a car to reach Pinkenba where the ferry leaves from.

This is the website that tells you about this tangaloomaresort.net.au/trav... My Gold coast page may give you some help. Click on this link "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!" - Gold Coast by balhannah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM

I don't know which is cheaper but for me it is always better to rent a car as it gives you freedom and you can stop wherever you want. Even if it is 50 % more expensive than local buses i say go for it!!

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You do not say where you are from but do remember we drive on the left side of the road. If you drive from Brisbane airport to the Gold Coast the easiest way is over the Gateway Bridge which is a Toll road...so do check this out when you hire your car.

Some thoughts on driving in Australia here "Drive Safely in Australia" - Australia Transportation Tip by wise23girl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Australia Travel Answer Locations