Austin Travel Answers

change location

Thinking about moving to Texas

by soli66 Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 10:49 PM

I am thinking about moving to Texas. One of the cities I am considering is Austin. I have seen new homes for around100,000 in Kyle and Del Valle. How are these areas and the school districts? What are the property taxes in Austin and does this area of Texas get tornados?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • RE: Thinking about moving to Texas

by Austin5721 Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 7:34 AM

Sorry I can't answer your questions about Kyle and Del Valle except to say that if you are going to be working in Austin you will have a big commute. Traffic is not good in Austin so that should be a big consideration. Although I love Austin, I have to say that property taxes are awful! Expect to pay almost 3%.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • estx007's Profile Photo

RE: Thinking about moving to Texas

by estx007 Online Now Jul 27, 2005 at 10:28 PM

Kyle and Del valle are south of austin. Kyle is off of interstate 35 and is part of hays ISD which is pretty good. This is a growning are. Del valle is close by the airport and is part of austin ISD but the schools are not all the great. My recommendation would be Kyle. The property tax is austin is high I guess, but Kyle falls under Hays county and not Travis county which belongs to Austin. Tornados could be a possibility. Hope this helps.

• delcity's Profile Photo

by delcity Online Now Jul 29, 2005 at 10:35 AM

why not give the web site ( findmyspot.com ) a try and see if any places in texas come up on the list of the 20 places that best meet your desires and needs. crocket or tyler ot conroe might even come up.

• th7799's Profile Photo

by th7799 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 1:43 PM

Austin is a great place to live. I would stay away from Del Valle if at all possible. Not a great part of town. There are some great areas of unincorporated Travis County. Kyle is pretty far south, if you are working in Austin. However, lots of people have moved out there.

The property taxes are killer in Austin. Mostly due to the fact that Texas does not have an income tax.

Best school district in the area would be Eanes. That's the Westlake area. Round Rock also has some good schools.

Hope that helps. If you move here! Welcome! It's a great place to live.
    T

by apthunter Online Now Aug 13, 2005 at 6:05 PM

To all here moving to Austin...I was born and still reside in Austin, I am also a father to 4 boys...two in college!

My purpose in posting is two fold...I REALLY ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE!

And I HAVE 4 KIDS and need to work...LOL!!!

IF ANYONE here would like any FREE information on ANY APARTMENTS in the Austin and surrounding area, for short term or long term apartment housing...I will be GLAD to send you email information on whatever area, price range and ameneties...with PHOTOS!!

I have very affordable to very very nice uppper end properties to show, ...I will respond quickly....I DO NOT SELL HOMES.

If you are coming in from out of town I can locate properties in advance and drive you around whenever you like....

I am 100% paid by the owner of whatever apartment you choose...it makes no difference to me!

I really APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS !

Michael

apthunter@gmail.com

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Thinking about moving to Texas

by ATXtraveler Online Now Aug 14, 2005 at 3:12 AM

I would definitely recommend the Sarah's Creek subdivision in Pflugerville, TX if you are looking for a good school district and want to purchase a home near Austin. Pflugerville is on I-35 ten miles north of downtown and within decent commuting times.

Del Valle is a town built on people visiting their relatives in the county jail, and Kyle is a little too far out if you have to work in the city.

Hope this helps..

by SWTexan82 Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 11:46 AM

be careful on buying one of the100,000 new homes anywhere in this area. KB homes and other companies are junking up the hill country faster than ever with tract homes and the neighborhoods are ugly, the homes all look like boxes and are built about 10 feet apart from each other, and just do an internet search for all the angry consumers on these places. Beware of these companies, and look into an older developed neighborhood first.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines