Augsburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• christmas eve/ day

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Jan 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM

we are planning a trip to munich/ garmisch over christmas this year.
      will there be places open to eat on both christmas eve and christmas day for evening meals?
      are shops etc open on these days too?

thanks
      Emilie

more
    • Shop in Nurmberg

Nürnberg Dec 30, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Are there any shops around Frauenkirche that we can buy some nature body lotion or soap that is made in Germany such as Weleda, BABOR, Schaebens and Dr. Hauschka?

more
    • Shop in Old Town?

Nürnberg Jan 11, 2015 at 7:25 AM

I was in October and went into a shop on a back street that was located on a corner and had of all things, Yankee Candles. They had lots of great gifts and more upscale art in the basement. I am trying to locate the name/contact info in order to purchase something I should have gotten while there. Any ideas????

more
    • Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Large Luggage storage lockers available at central train station?

Nürnberg Jan 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Hello,

We are in the very early stages of planning an itinerary through Germany, and do not have a concrete itinerary yet.

Nürnberg is a possibility for us.

We would like to know if the central/main Nürnberg train station offers large (to fit a suitcase) storage lockers for people to hire for several hours or a day?

In addition to the above, we are looking at train timetables and also buses as travel options between some cities.
      I can see that Eurolines for example, has buses from Dresden to Berlin. We used Eurolines between Tallinn-Riga and Riga-Vilnius in 2013 and found them reliable. Are there also other bus companies that we should consider?

Or do you prefer the trains?

Thank you, and we look forward to your replies.

Borte

more
    • MizukiM's Profile Photo

from the city centre to Munich airport in the early morning

Munich Jan 10, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Hi :)
      im going to Munich in a few days. My return flight is in the early morning, at around 6am, so now Im concerned about how I could get to the airport in such an early morning. Is there any public transportation open at 4am? Or would taxi be the only option to reach the airport in the early morning?
      Thanks in advance :)))

more
    • Augsburg travel at night

by Twills Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We will be going to Munchen by train for the day and returning to Augsberg in the evening...not late! How easy is it to get from Augsberg to Affing in the evening

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • Augsburg in Winter

by Adrianarian Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I would like to visit Augsburg at the end of January and would like to know if it is a good time to do it

5 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    • milugares's Profile Photo

Best way from airport Munich to Augsburg: bus or train?

by milugares Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Hi,
      I found this company which offers direct bus services between Augsburg and Munich airport:
      wackerltour
      www.wackerltour.de
      Anyone has travelled with or knows them? Are they reliable?

When travelling on a weekday, do you think traffic would be a problem (their page says only 70 minutes traveltime) and it would be better to travel by train to Muenchen hbf plus S-Bahn? I would like as few connections as possible with lugagge.
      Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    • Augsburg Christmas Market

by kathyandrick2 Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 7:15 PM

We are touring the Christmas markets this December. Along with stopping at the major markets we would like to spend 2 nights in Augsburg. Does anyone have comments on the Augsburg market and whether we should spend 2 nights here?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    • time frame for making a hotel reservation

by jbarrera Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 1:25 PM

i was stationed in augsburg from march 1960 to june of 1962 and plan on returning to munich and augsburg on september 27 2008 and would like to know how far in advance i can make a reservation for a hotel room. i will be 3 days in munich for the octoberfest and 5 days in augsburg. also can i make reservations with a visa or mastercard. thank you

2 Answers Aug 12, 2007 at 1:51 PM
    • johnworden's Profile Photo

Train station to Stadium for FC Augsburg game

by johnworden Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 7:39 AM

Hello, while in Germany, we will be watching FC Augsburg play. We will be taking the train from Munich to Augsburg. Once we are at the station, will the stadium be easy to find and if someone has some directions I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, how long do these games typically last?

Thanks,
      John

1 Answer Mar 14, 2007 at 7:09 PM
    • t_maia's Profile Photo

A few hours in augsburg - what to do?

by t_maia Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Hi,

I will be in Augsburg for a job interview in the afternoon on Feb 21st. Due to my train connections, I will have about 2-3 hours of free time.

Are there any sights I should see? I intend to do a walking tour around the town center.

Also, do you kow of any good halal Turkish or Arab restaurants in Augsburg?

Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM
    • lockers in Augsburg rail station

by fret2trav Online Now Dec 11, 2006 at 11:15 AM

Do you know if Augsburg rail station has lockers or manned storage area to leave luggage for a few hours while sightseeing?

1 Answer Dec 11, 2006 at 12:04 PM
    • visit

by magtay Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 1:38 PM

We are visiting relations in Augsburg over the New year and would like to know if there is anywhere we could go for a drink on New Years eve

• EasyEarl's Profile Photo

Bars in Augsburg

by EasyEarl Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Hi,Earl from upstate NY.
      I saw your post about a bar that you were inquiring about.I haven't been there in many years,am going to Augsburg in September 2007.When you were there,do you remember a Gasthaus named the Pfeffemuhle?My other email is easyearl@localnet.com.Thanks,Earl.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2007 at 5:08 AM
    • re:Augsburg weather/Bobingen

by sierrabriggle Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 4:00 PM

Hi,

I will be visiting Augsburg mid Sept. This will be my first visit. Can anyone tell me what the weather may be like at that time of year? Also, can anyone tell me about a place called Bobingen? I will also be spending time there with my grandmother.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2006 at 11:29 PM
    • uglyscot's Profile Photo

help needed

by uglyscot Online Now May 23, 2005 at 1:52 AM

Can anyone tell me where the guestbook for the Drei Mohren hotel is to be found? I wrote to the hotel and they couldn't help, never heard of it.
      Wrote to Museum director and he says he has seen it, but I couldn't understand all the letter [in German].
      I wanted to know if my ancestor's name comes on the same page as Napoleon, as someone wrote in her memoirs that she'd seen it in the 1800s.
      Can anybody help?

4 Answers Jun 27, 2005 at 5:04 AM
    • Good place in augsburg

by publio71 Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 4:11 AM

Some one know a good place for tuesday evening in augsburg????

• ETAP

by arthur78749 Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 9:52 AM

Has anyone stayed in the ETAP in Augsburg and what brand of hotel does it compare to in the USA. Is it clean and are the beds good and are they double beds?

11 Answers Sep 1, 2004 at 12:41 AM