Auckland Region Travel Answers

change location

Recommendations for campervan

by silkwood Online Now Jun 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Hi. We're travelling to the North Island (first trip) in October this year. I'm looking at "Campervan Hire Sale Finder" and I am surprised at the low price of some of the vans. They have a Compass 2 berth van with toilet and shower forau800 for 13 days (plus waiver insurance). Can anyone tell me if this is a decent company to deal through? Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mark

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendations for campervan

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I have not heard of this company - but this does not mean a thing, as new companies are coming up like mushrooms all the time.

But the rate is possible for October, also with other budget companies. If you look at my transportation tips on my New Zealand VT page you find a list with other companies and check out their offers.

What I do not like about the company you mention is that they do not give a proper address. Well, the word "company" is not entirely correct, it is an agency or search engine for a multitude of campervan rental companies.

But the list on their website encompasses most rental companies of NZ:

campervanhiresalefinder.co.n...

Have you checked out terms and conditions?

I ould rather negotiate directly with the rental company than an agency. But perhaps I am just over-cautious. It might be a great tool to check out the best deals. I just wonder what i.e. Britz gets out of it - as they NEVER offer the best deal price-wise.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Auckland Region Travel Answer Locations