change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

by kattierivera Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

by kattierivera Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

10 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    • Honeymoon must see's/dp

by stubbie87 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM

My Fiance and I are taking our honeymoon in Carins, Sydney, Auckland, and then Fiji. We will be at each place for about 4-5 days. Is there any suggestions for must sees or must do's in these areas. Also looking for unique romantic honeymoon type things? When we are in Cairns we are scuba diving the great barrier, and in Auckland we are spelunking with waitomo. Other then that any suggestions would be amazing! We are going in the end of May- June so I understand it will be warm in Cairns and Fiji and chilly in Sydney and Auckland. I would really love to go wine tasting in Auckland but haven't found enough information yet?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:04 AM
    • Holiday in Auckland

by cnmloto Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM

I am planning to visit Auckland for 1 week this April. Can anyone tell what to do and to visit?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • tl1148's Profile Photo

Transportations and eats

by tl1148 Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Will be arriving late night and staying downtown. What is best way to get there? Also good places to eat.
      Thanks from Texas

15 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Best dinner and fireworks sightseeing

by Fantatrader Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Where could be a good location to have a nice dinner on 31 Dec and cosy fireworks sightseeing nearby ? Westhaven Marina is better than Devonport ? Thanks in advance.

• ray_d's Profile Photo

Mobile Internet.

by ray_d Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I will be travelling New Zealand for 2 weeks in Feburary 2014.

I shall be arriving in Aukland and departing from Christchurch.
      I have a car hired and will be staying in hotles and motels troughout the North and South Island.
      As I will not be sure where I would be staying overnight from day to day I like to book my accomodation through the internet daily.
      For this and other reasons I require mobile internet for which I already have an Australian Telstra "Dongle" and I hope only to buy the relevant SIM and provider service.

Can anyone confirm that New Zealand and Australia run the same Mobile and Mobile Internet networks please?

Is there a kiosk or company that provides such things at the Auckland Airport?
      Thank you in keen anticipation.

R

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    • pobblepop's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Auckland

by pobblepop Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Hi guys!

Does anyone know of any good websites for room rentals/ house share in Auckland? Also, any idea what's a somewhat average price range for a double room in or around the Ellerslie area?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • Local beer

by tms183 Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Traveling from Australia for the weekend, just wondering what beer is available or a favourite by locals? Also a price would be good. Anyone recommend a local mascato wine?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    • Hotel search

by sweetbibinka Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Where is Mercury hotel

2 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    • Grocery shopping

by SusieMcN Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Where is a good place to buy fresh affordable groceries?

3 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • New years eve celebration

by saskalaszlo Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Hi,

coming with my wife for new years eve to Auckland.Looking for an elegant dinner,than a nice party -eventually with live music or entertainment. What are the best options for that?

Laszlo

2 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • Hotels near AKL?

by mckaylameow Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hi
      I am flying into akl at 1130 PM christmas eve day... what would you guys recommend the cheapest and nearest hotel to the airport is? most importantly we want scheduled transportation from airport to hotel that late..
      thanks

3 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • sbkluvs2travel's Profile Photo

guide for a day. driver

by sbkluvs2travel Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Would like to find guide/driver to pick us up from cruise ship take us to hotel and then a day tour of the area away from the city. This would be on a Saturday, Nov. 16th. Thinking ahead to Sunday there is a great market we have read about that would be of great interest. Also open to suggestions. Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    • Rental Cars

by pvpetersen Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Need to hire a car at auckland airport 14 Jan 2014 till 26 jan just traveling north island 4 people

4 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    • storyin's Profile Photo

Designer Market/ Artists Market in Auckland?

by storyin Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Hi!
      I plan to visit Auckland in August and September, is there any artists / designer market in Auckland?
      Do you recommend any interesting independent book shop, cool jewelry shop in Auckland??
      Thanks in advance!! :)

5 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    • huggy93's Profile Photo

Koreans/Japanese in Auckland + International Guesthouses there

by huggy93 Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hey are there any Koreans living or traveling through Auckland around 11th July 2013. I got a lady friend who will be there for 3 weeks from that time and it's her first time to travel out of Asia so she's nervous.... she's looking for Korean 20 somethings and 30 somethings WOMEN to hang out with...also Japanese WOMEN are okay as she speak Japanese well. Additionally could you recommend any good International guesthouses for her to stay at? She can speak a little English so she would like to meet and hang out with people from other countries. She is currently living in Japan. Your help would be really appreciated ;-)

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    • josephine033's Profile Photo

Im stuck for 12 hrs in auckland airport for my next flight

by josephine033 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM

hi there, just wana know someone could tell me what to do in auckland airport im stuck there for 12hrs for my next flight to hongkong.

6 Answers May 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Jobs

by Willian_Sousa Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hi Mates! i'm going to NZ in a few mouths and i'd like to know about opportunity of jobs? someone can help me? thank you

2 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • 3 Days Auckland

by Nifti Online Now Apr 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Hi will be in Auckland for 3 full days probably staying at Hilton on The Quay for the first night 25/4 arriving late and was thinking aboout the following.....
      26th - Spend the day Auckland - sightseeing possible ferry ride
      27th - Hire a car and drive to Lake Taupo taking in some sights on the way (?) Stay over night Lake Taupo - Hilton or other suggestions welcome - Drive time from Auckland to Lake Taupo is it 4 hours or less..what are the roads like
      28th - Drive back to Auckland for late afternoon drop off of car - what to see on the way ? Overnight Hilton
      29th - Have the morning to see some more of Auckland before we depart at 3.00pm for Melbourne
      I would really welcome some ideas, this is a quick trip due to some cheap fares but am keen to see some lovely scenery and we will come back again. Had also thought about driving North of Auckland and staying overnight but not sure of what to see or where to go..and need to ensure that hire car can cope.
      Lake Taupo for some reason sounds lovely and I think it is the Lake featured in the series Top of the Lake

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks

9 Answers May 15, 2013 at 2:55 AM
    • Do I need a hired car?

by coffemate Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM

If I only spend a few days in auckland, do I need to hire a car?

8 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • Seek recommendations for restaurant near Great Posonby ArtHotel

by donnahecker Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 5:51 AM

We're staying at the Great Posonby ArtHotel our first two nights in New Zealand. Would love a few tips for nearby restaurants. Especially locally-owned, low-key spots where we can ease into the NZ experience. Extra points if they have seasonal menus and use local ingredients! Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • melklim52's Profile Photo

Restaurant suggestions in Auckland for New Zealand lamb

by melklim52 Online Now Nov 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM

What is a popular restaurant review site for the Auckland area to find a place to eat? I seldom have lamb for dinner but where is a good place to have lamb in the central area of Auckland?

8 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    • Baggage Question

by navy5717th Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Our trip to New Zealand will originate in Huntsville, AL (HSV). We'll take one of the US airlines from HSV to LAX to connect with ANZ onward to AKL.

US airlines don't use LAX Terminal Two -- ANZ's terminal -- so a terminal change is unavoidable.

Could someone please advise us if we can check our baggage through from HSV to AKL, thereby avoiding having to claim it in LAX and endure TSA's Full Monty again at LAX?

Thanks,

Fritz

5 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    • Arrival in Auckland

by navy5717th Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM

1. I've looked at the " international arrivals" schedule for Auckland and it seems that there are quite a few big planes landing between 0500 and 0600. How does NZ customs and immigration handle such a big surge?

2. I've looked at the local hotel web sites and it appears that their check-in times are all in the mid afternoon. What's a tired visitor arriving on a 12-hour duration flight at 0530 supposed to do to in the interim?

12 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    • empresstraveller's Profile Photo

Really lost in Auckland

by empresstraveller Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Ok i get to Auckland in October, i have found some cheapish hostels that arent in the centre as i like the quiet e.g. http://www.lantanalodge.co.nz (60 St Georges Bay Rd Parnell, Auckland 1052) Not sure what around the area??!!
      - However i haven't got a clue what is the must see's in the area. Im going to try working as soon as i can until after xmas, when i have worked enough ill be able to go back to places ive missed but in the week or two so i have spare i would like to get as much in as possible. Any suggestions where to start?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    • mavis77's Profile Photo

Looking for a good backpackers

by mavis77 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi we are wondering which are good recommended backpackers in Auckland, to stay in while we sort out work and accommodation. Hoping for something central to everything with a private twin room. Cost is not the main concern. Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 3:11 AM
    • Do we need a 4WD or will a small car do for the following driving routes?

by sliang1109 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Auckland - Rotorua - Waitomo Cave - Waitakere Range & West Coast - Auckland

Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    • Fullers ferry from Great Barrier Island to Auckland - December

by sliang1109 Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Do you know:

1)Does Fuller's operate on Christmas day from GBI to AKL
      2)if so, what is the earliest departure from GBI to Auckland
      2)cost of the ferry?

I am hoping someone know this from experience; Fuller's website just says "Sailings to Great Barrier Island have now finished for the season."

2 Answers Jun 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    • Car Rentals on Christmas Day

by sliang1109 Online Now Jun 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Where can I rent a car on Christmas Day in Auckland? I prefer NOT from airport rentals to save money. Thank you!

9 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    • Need Advice for trip December 23 - December 30

by sliang1109 Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Arrive AKL Dec. 23 14:40pm
      Leave AKL Dec. 30 21:00pm

Places we want to see:

Outside Auckland

List #1 (repeatedly mentioned by VT contributors)
      Bay of Islands
      Devonport
      Great Barrier Island
      Hauraki Gulf
      Rangitoto
      Rotorua
      Tiritiri Matangi
      Waiheke Island
      Waitakere Ranges
      West Coast

List #2 -
      Coromandel
      Tauranga/Mount Maunganui/Papamoa Beach
      These are mentioned here and there on VT, are they worth going?

In Auckland city: List #3

Auckland Musuem (and Maori Cultural show)
      Kelly Tarlton
      Mt Eden
      One Tree Hill
      Parnel
      Sky Tower
      Viaduct Harbour
      Tamaki Drive
      Yachting on Auckland harbour
      War Memorial Museum
      Museum of transport and technology
      Albert Park
      Cornwalk Park
      French market
      Queens street
      Victoria Market
      City Farmers Market

Questions:
      1. Is everything closed on Christmas holidays, if so, which places on List #1 are not affected by Christmas closing; or conversely, Auckland has more to experience because of the holiday?
      2. Which place(s) on List #1 offer better experience if stay overnight
      3. We plan to have accommodation in Parnel suburb, considering the accommodation location, places on List #1 and #3, would you suggest an itinerary that takes advantages of a hired car and the public transportation on days when we don't hire a car. Or do we need a car the whole duration?
      4. What places, admissions to these places need advance booking
      5. Do we fill the trip too tight or do we have room for more, if so, what are missing on the list but should be there?

Thank you very much.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM