Auckland Travel Answers

change location
adammcd85's Profile Photo

Is there many British and Irish in Auckland on Working holiday visas.?

by adammcd85 Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Hi,

I'm considering coming to New Zealand towards the end of the year (December), although i was curious as to whether there's actually many British and Irish in Auckland in the same situation. I have worked and traveled Australia and was hoping for similar kind of atmosphere amongst backpackers working in Auckland.

For some reason i have the assumption that most backpackers work and travel Australia and then just travel New Zealand without working....

Can somebody please fill me in on the working backpacker scene in Auckland. I want the same kinda lifestyle as oz - as in going out meeting brits and irish in bars etc. I do like other nationalities too incase anybody thinks im nationist (if thats a word) ha

Cheers
:)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • briarlyn's Profile Photo

Re: Is there many British and Irish in Auckland on Working holiday visas.?

by briarlyn Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Hi Adam

I couldn't say for sure as I spent little time living in Auckland, but I would say that in general your assumption about the British & Irish mostly living in Oz and just travelling in NZ is correct. Obviously there would be exceptions to this but most of the British & Irish people I have known in NZ are living there permanently, and they are mostly friends with kiwis as there dont seem to be a large community of British & Irish temporary residents. That is not to say you wont meet any, and you could still have fun with the kiwis in Auckland, they are fun too. Hope this helps

:) Briar

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines