Auckland Travel Answers

change location
wandaling's Profile Photo

Auckland again, Domain Lodge?

by wandaling Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

came across Domain Lodge Auckland while I was doing searches for accommodation, I'm loking for somewhere quite, but fairly modern. Domain Lodge looks very nice, and I notice it has a connection with the Cancer Society, if you know of it or have stayed there, can I have your feedback please, leave a message on my homepage if you prefer, but any help would be good.

wandaling.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Auckland again, Domain Lodge?

by Kakapo2 Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Right at the Domain is not a bad location, you just have to walk up the hill if you come from the city centre. It is about 2 km to Parnell, and about 1.5 km to Broadway in Newmarket - which is great for shopping. If you have a close look at the map you will see that you have to walk more or less around the Domain to get to Parnell. Parnell's main road with the romantic buildings are in Parnell Road, north of the intersection with Stephens Road.

However, the Link Bus which runs on a loop course through the city, Ponsonby, Newmarket and Parnell has a stop at the hospital. Also a lot of other bus lines pass there.

The connection of the Domain Lodge with the cancer society is just that they raise money for the fight against cancer with this. Starship Hospital is nearby. It has a cancer ward for children.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines