Auckland Travel Answers

change location

Help Needed :1st time to Auckland, NZ, best choice of a good local tour operator & value for money

by sw_alvin Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 3:20 AM

Plan to spend 1 day trip to Bays of Islands and another 1 day trip to Rotorua. Can someone recommend me a good local tour operator that can bring me there at a reasonable price? I would prefer a travel itenarary that spends more time at exploring both places and reduce time on stop overs along the way.
Many thanks :)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: 1st time to Auckland, NZ, best choice of a good local tour operator & value for money

by Kakapo2 Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I can only give you tour operators that I see on the roads but have not made any such organised tours. For the Bay of Islands I would suggest you get up there either by airplane (Kerikeri) or "normal" bus like Intercity, and then make a tour up there?

Great Sights and AAT Kings are the ones I see most but there are many other operators.

greatsights.co.nz/luxury-bus...
    aatkings.com/nz/index.php?br...

Some time ago we had a discussion about tour prices here as the tours seem to be rather expensive but especially Rotorua costs nearly the same if you do it on your own as a day trip, if you have to hire a car, pay the petrol and all the entry fees.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines