Travel Answers
Auburn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Violinist available - 4th Jan - Central Park?

New York City 7 hours ago

Hi there,

I am looking for a violinist to play a song or two for me and my potential fiance in Central Park, does anyone know of someone who would be interested in this? Payment options available. :)

Thanks
      M

more
    • I'm in search of west side long term stay hotel in NYC ?

New York State Nov 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I need Advice on finding good hotel under $300 a night with breakfast.

more
    • Looking for an off campus student housing in Manhattan ?

New York State Nov 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Where can I find affordable off campus for students in New York? I am planning of my further studies in New York City. Need your suggestions.

more
    • Christmas Day

New York City Nov 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM

We are travelling to NY City on Christmas Day and will arrive early evening - we just need a cafe or deli to get snacks - will anywhere be open

more
    • Nightlife,

Manhattan Island Nov 24, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Hi everybody, I'm going to New York for first time. Where should I go at night on Saturday or Friday.
      My kind of music is David Guetta, house music, electronic.. I'm wondering what would be a safe place to go but in the budget.

Hugs!

more
    • Which is the best way and cheapest way from BUF Airport to Niagara Falls on Canada Side?

Buffalo Nov 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have a plan to see Niagara Fall on Falls view and would like to arrange a transportation. I Google and found one taxi company looks very reasonable http://buffalo-airporttaxi.com/ they asked about 65$ and I tried another one and they offered about 75 but my question is, is there any way to get cheaper than that since I am student. tks

more
    • Has anyone stayed in Hotel Metro or Row NYC?

New York City Nov 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM

These two hotels are my final two choices - I think!!
      They are both very similar in price but I'm really struggling which one to choose!
      So my question for you is have you stayed in either and what were your thoughts??
      Thank you !!

more
    • Getting from LGA to Lafayette Ave/White Plains Rd, Bronx

Bronx Nov 18, 2014 at 3:07 AM

What's the best option (transportation wise) to take from LGA to Lafayette Ave/White Plains Rd, Bronx area? A friend and I have never been to that area and don't want to be completely clueless. I'm debating if I want to deal with the subway/bus system or just take a cab straight from the airport considering that I will have to lug some luggage around. Also, can someone advise me about the area? I'm planning on staying with a friend for a few days and spend the rest in the city. Does the buses have enough space for luggage or is it just certain ones?

Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated. :D Thanks!

more
    • place to eat

New York State Nov 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

im a tourist coming from the philippines i want to try foods here in new york, the average new yorker eat, can anyone suggest good place.

more
    • Does anyone know a affordable manhattan boutique hotel?

New York City Nov 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hi,

I am visiting New York on 15 Nov - 30 Nov 2014.Please advice me with decent hotels in the city at an affordable price during this time.

more
    • Help Please! Statue of Liberty! :(

New York City Nov 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I am going to New York for the first time in 2 weeks. I went online to buy my statue of liberty tickets for our trip and they appear to be sold out! I had no idea they would sell out that fast. Is this true? Any insight would be helpful!
      I'm devastated. :( Any other suggestions on what I should buy now?

more
    • New York City for New Years Eve

New York City Oct 29, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Hi! So a few of us will be spending NYE in the city and wanted to know what kinds of things were available without breaking the bank. We do have one person under 21 (he's only 20) that will be with us. What is there open for both 21+ and under 21 in times square? Any info is greatly appreciated!

more
    • christmas lights

New York City Nov 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM

when do they come down 2014-15

more
    • Lilou07's Profile Photo

new years eve in NYC with kids

New York City Nov 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hi experts,
      We'll be visiting NYC at X-mas and New years eve from the Netherlands with our two daughters aged 7 and 9. We were planning to go to Times Square for the ball drop but changed our minds after hearing all the horror stories. We had no idea how complicated the whole happening is. The children are disappointed now and we're looking for an alternative. Does anyone have a suggestion to make this a memorable experience? My husbands turning 50 and it's our first time in NYC with the children. Is it a good idea to go to Central park? We heard about a party and a midnight run. Is this a good idea with the children and is it safe? I also heard smth about a pre run which my youngest daughter would love to do (even the real run at mid night perhaps with my husband). Can anyone tell me what time the pre run begins? Thank you! Lilou

more
    • Hotels and attractions in New York ?

New York City Nov 10, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Myself and my partner are going to New York in either Jan/Feb
      I appreciate these months are cold and therefore cheaper than the other months.
      I want a clean, modern hotel which is close to the main attractions.
      We want to stay for 4 nights with a budget of around £500 - I can see a lot of hotels on Expedia for this price eg the metro, row nyc etc.
      Have you staying in any of these hotel? Or others that fit the budget?
      Any information would really help.
      (Which is the better month jan/feb, places that are a must see etc)
      Thanks!!

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

visiting new york

New York City Nov 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I have a few questions for you knowledgable people.we are an australian family of 6-- staying for 4 or 5 nights in late january.we are first time visitors.we would rather walk places than have to get transport too often.we pretty much want to see all the usual things.
      1--would like some of your input into where to stay in nyc.( area that would be good).
      2--transport from airport to accommodation--possibly midnight --6 of us and luggage.
      3--love some help with organising our days effectively
      4-- also opinions-- 4 or 5 nights -- are we doing new york an injustice by just staying 4 nights
      5-- weird question-- would like to walk some classic streets of beautiful terrace houses you sort of see in movies--are there areas like that?
      6-- possibly going to lancaster afterwards-- catch a train there and then pick up car or rent from new york? -- remembering we are total 'drive on the other side of the road 'visitors.
      Thanks to you all

more
    • Travel Manhattan - Washington bus or train?

New York City Nov 24, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hello everybody. I'll be in New York in December for a week, and I'm spending the night of December 15 in Washington. My question is shall I go by Train or bus? All busses companies says average travel time is 4.5 hs, is this true since it's Christmas eve? On the other hand, taking a train from Amtrak will be worth the money?
      Thanks!

more
    • electric chair

by cappytrach Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM

is the first electric chair located in a restaurant in auburn?

1 Answer Mar 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • opuslife's Profile Photo

A Murder... of Crows

by opuslife Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Hi All (Auburn or Fingerlakes folks),

We're trying to arrange our travel sked to spend the night later this week in Auburn so that we can see the gathering of crows there (long story - tens of thousands of crows apparently love Auburn, and my non-Goth, non-pagan witchcraft addled GF is fascinated - her Mom had crows that would eat from her hand).

We passed through yesterday on a work trip, and I asked at the Auburn cop shop downtown - they said that large numbers of them roost in the Fort Hill cemetary at night (we tried to see them during the daytime, but only two crows were there, on-guard.) The boss cop guy (sergeant stripes) was nice, and alluded to other locations in and around the town where large numbers could be seen - they apparently disperse in the morning to forage.

We're going to stay in the town on our way back through next week to try to see more of them at the cemetary (who wouldn't want to be able to say after a trip, when retelling trip adventures "and when we were in Auburn New York, we saw a murder... of crows" right?)

But, do any of you know of any other local spots in or around Auburn where these massive numbers of crows seem to show up during the daytime?

Any/all replies appreciated. I guess I apologize if the Auburn folks (who are obviously sick of tens of thousands of crows) are apalled at the idea of the crows becoming a 'tourist draw.' But to us, it is. From what we saw of it yesterday, seems like a nice little town, by the way.

To reciprocate, we live in a nice little hamlet in Rhode Island, where some folks come to stare and take photos of the quaint New England village and funny locals, namely the pretty hardworking fishermen. Come visit.

Regards all,

Bob W,
      Bristol RI

3 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    • Auburn, NY in detail

by yeya_54 Online Now Aug 11, 2004 at 2:24 PM

My boyfriend is from Auburn, NY and I want to see pictures of the town he grew up in since he doesn't have any, can you tell me the name of the High Schools there? Pictures of the neighborhoods, bars & grills, and the nightlife?

2 Answers Aug 15, 2004 at 4:27 PM