Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• EdwardJohnAllen's Profile Photo

Three weeks in October

Almaty Jun 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hi
      I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.

And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!

Thanks for your interest.

Edward Allen

more

Near Atyrau

• Leaving in Atyrau

by Dunat Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Hy!

Im going there next month and I admit that Im a bit scared, predougist and dont know what to espect. Is it ok for a family and kids ( 4year old twins) or should my family rather stay home ? What are the prices of food, supermarkets, cloth, shoes, bread, loundary sercvice or by own washing machine, car..toys I realy dont know what to espect, because I admit I dont know anything about Kazahstan.
      Is there safe for foreners or we shoud be cosius? Thoes people from work I sopose they speak english) hang together ?

WHat about carseats for kids there ? Is that obligatory, can we by them there and what are the prices? Can you give me some link to a toy/children equipmetn store in Kazahstan /Atyrau?

Thank you fore every answer.
      Im sory for bothering you, if you dont want to answer Iwill understand

Thanks in advance
      Alexandra

3 Answers Mar 13, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    • Transformer

by johna82 Online Now Sep 21, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I live in Atyrau and have a number of 110V US appliances. Where can I buy a 220V to 110V transformer to run my US Appliances.

1 Answer Sep 21, 2009 at 6:29 AM
    • The "BLACK STUFF"

by gmcd Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 1:55 AM

CAN GUINNESS BE PURCHASED IN CAN OR BOTTLE FORM FROM ANY OUTLETS IN ATYRAU ?