Atlas Travel Answers

change location

Riad D'Ouzoud

by davidjairo Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 12:15 AM

We are staying at the above in March for our 1st night after arriving at Marrakesh Airport - after we leave we have two days before arriving at Agadir -what trips are recommended for those two days - we will have a car.

So far we have not booked accommodation for our 2nd and 3rd night after leaving Riad D'Ouzoud - will we have a problem getting somewhere and any place recommended?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Riad D'Ouzoud

by angiebabe Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Hi, good on you for visiting Morocco but i would query with all the excellent places around Marrakech why youre going to Agadir! fine as somewhere along the way as in a good circuit trip could be done say Marrakech down to Tarroudant and Tafroute and up to Agadir but if you are just driving straight there i would just say what a waste when there are excellent places such as Tafroute, Telouet, and if its a beach place you want then theres Essouira which is only 160km from Marrakech - and its even been recognised by Unesco for its historical value.
    March though is an excellent month for driving around with the spring flowers become quite prolific - the roads to Telouet, around Tafroute, Cascade Douzoud and Khenifra and almond blossom areas around Tizintest and Tafroute are recommmended.

Weve never had to prebook accommodation except in Agadir, and popular places in Marrakech such as in my tips Hotel Touloussain as its a low priced hotel in a handy spot for travellers with cars can book out in the afternoon of each day.
    for your question on advice for trips i would also recommend having a read around VTers pages - mine included - for tips that are written specifically to help in your situation - where to stay, what to see etc!

Ive been to Agadir a number of times and have good reasons for being there - including the music festival and excellent line up of Ismael Lo - but otherwise its just a modern city built since the original was destroyed in an earthquake with the excellent views from the ruins of the fortress on the hill above down to the beach - and its becoming just a package tour hangout because it has got huge hotels and a long white beach. not really Morocco really.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines