Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

The Castleberry Inn Atlanta

by justkatwoman Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

How bad is the place?? I have read several reviews and of 100% it got 77% bad rating.

A group of 35 are planning to stay there in June for a convention. What do you recomend me to do at this stage of the game.

HELP!!! HELP!!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • balfor's Profile Photo

Re: The Castleberry Inn Atlanta

by balfor Online Now May 2, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I have been remiss in my duties of watching the Atlanta forum. I dont know anything about the hotel as I generally don't stay in a hotel when I'm in Atlanta! But...... That area is a mixed area. Not too many years ago (like 4-5) it was mostly section 8 housing and not such a nice area to be in. The city has been doing a good job of cleaning the area up but if you venture forth from the hotel..... go north or northeast. Those areas are fine but the south gets to be a bit of a run down area of town although that is starting to change as well.

There are a LOT of hotels in the downtown area. While the Castleberry is not IN downtown, you are not far at all from it. Probably a bit more than walking distance but not too far if you want to stroll. That being said, the Georgia Dome/Congress Center/Phillips Arena are all part of a huge complex so if you are having your convention at the World Congress Center, ANY hotel in the downtown area is a possibility. And there are quite a few hotels there that are used to handling convention sized crowds. Unfortunately, I don't really know the hotels in the area in depth other than some of the major ones. The Westin is a cool, round tower that is only a couple of blocks from Centennial Park (on the east side) and Phillips/Congress Center/Aquarium and World of Coke are on the north and south sides as well as to the west of the park.

Other hotels close to that point would still have easy access to the World Congress Center, though you'd be on the far end of the Facility from the main entrance. The place is huge, however, so depending on whether the convention was in the old or the new part of the facility you might be better off on the downtown side. (The older portion of the World Congress Center is closer to downtown and the newer section is closer to the Castleberry on the west side.)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines