Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

Supermarkets near MARTA rail lines?

by SAAB93 Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 11:29 PM

I am staying near the airport. Is there a supermarket near there? If not, is there a supermarket near a MARTA rail station, preferably one near downtown. Supermarkets are usually not in downtown so maybe something a little north of it? Also a nicer supermarket is preferred over one that is old and dirty or in a high crime rate neighborhood.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • balfor's Profile Photo

Re: Supermarkets near MARTA rail lines?

by balfor Online Now Nov 28, 2008 at 8:17 AM

If you don't mind making a train change at 5 points there is a nice shopping center right on one of the MARTA stops. The Inman Park stop on the east bound line has a nice Kroger. There are also a few decent restaurants in the Plaza as well as a bookstore (Barnes and Nobles), a Target and various other shops.

I don't know of any grocery stores within walking distance of any of the other train stops but my brother thinks that there is a Publix right across the street from the Brookhaven station. That is much further than the Inman Park station and would require you to make sure you got on the Doraville north line. But you wouldn't have to change trains if you were to go that far north.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines