Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

Atlanta and nearby State and back to Toronto

by kb9 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I am flying from Toronto to Atlanta and would spend 3 days in Atlanta and while back to Toronto, I plan to visit some other State. Can you recommend a good state to visit with family for fun. This will be in July,2013.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Atlanta and nearby State and back to Toronto

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

What does your family like to do for fun? If you like the outdoors and waterfalls visit western North Carolina. If you want to see the ocean head over to Charleston, South Carolina.

Will wait for more specific information from you before I respond back with other ideas.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Basaic's Profile Photo

by Basaic Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Florida is another alternative. The beaches along the Gulf Coast are great and Pensacola has some neat things for family.

Agree with Rich above though, the more information you give us the better our suggestions will be.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

by TexasDave Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM

It's true, there are so many options it depends on what interests you. Asheville, NC and Chattanooga TN are tow interesting cities. Not in a different state, but Savannah is definitely worth a few days- the ocean is close by, but the beach there doesn't compare to Destin/Pensacola area.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Atlanta is kind of in the middle of Georgia. And it is probably going to be hot. And humid which I don't think you are accustomed to. They are all going to be hot and humid in July particularly along the Gulf Coast (Florida and Alabama are on the Gulf Coast). How are you going to travel? If in a car, you could do a quick 700 mile loop and hit Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and back to Atlanta (that's a joke - not recommended)

I think maybe a good little trip would be to go to Chattanooga and then on to Gatlinburg TN which is in the mountains and maybe visit the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and come out in NC and then back to Atlanta.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines