Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

What to do in four days in Atlanta?

by JimmyT2816 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Hi--I'm headed to Atlanta for a few days next week (March 18-21), and have a very light schedule of business meetings to attend to. I used to know TONS of people in Atlanta (which was nice, as I had built-in tour guides on the few occasions I visited)--but they all appear to have moved away. So, as I'm flying solo, looking on recommendations for places where a single person can eat, drink, and hang without feeling uncomfortable. Also, I've never done any touristy things in Atlanta--any specific recommendations? I'm staying in Buckhead if it matters, but hoping not to drive too much after dark (as I intend to have a drink or two). Thanks! James

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • glabah's Profile Photo

Re: What to do in four days in Atlanta?

by glabah Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Have you ever been up to Stone Mountain? That's one touristy thing to do in the area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

by Agraichen Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'd second the Stone Mt. suggestion. I found it very interesting. If it's still open, I always enjoyed Ray's on the River. (Remember Deliverance? - filmed near there).

• riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I spent about 3 months in Atlanta on a business trip a couple of years ago and had many evenings where I ate solo. I never felt uncomfortable at all. I can't help you with the Bucktown area as I stayed in the Midtown area of Atlanta around Georgia Tech and Coca Cola. Some weeks I had a car that let me venture a bit further in the evening for food and other weeks I took the Atlanta train system MARTA from the airport to midtown and got to places to eat in Midtown or took the MARTA trains to other locations. Some people don't like to ride the subway system, but I rode it during the evening and had no problems (but then again I'm from the Chicago area and ride the subway system here).

You can check out some of the places I saw, ate and visited on my Atlanta reviews here.

"My Home Away From Home in 2011" - Atlanta by riorich55

• PR-7's Profile Photo

by PR-7 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM

> I've never done any touristy things in Atlanta--
    > any specific recommendations?

Depending on your interests, check out-
    -Georgia Aquarium
    -High Museum of Art
    -World of Coca Cola
    -Martin Luther King Jr Center
    -Jimmy Carter Center
    -CNN Tours
    -Atlanta History Center

• Blahnix's Profile Photo

by Blahnix Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I'll second all of the above suggestions, especially Ray's on the River. Loved their Steak Oscar.
    If you fancy a drink; Churchill Arms and Jonny's Hideaway are both in Buckhead amongst a thousand other watering holes and so is The Govenors Mansion, although I don't know who the current Govenor is . If you saw and enjoyed Gone with the Wind you may want to visit Margaret Mitchell's house, you could even take a nice walk up Kennesaw Mountain which is about twenty miles from Atlanta.

The walk is only about one and a half miles long but it is one of the Civil War battle fields and not such a bad drive on Interstate 75.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines