Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

atlanta airport area

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM

it seems like im down to the area around the airport because its within my price range (60-80 a night ) and its easy to get to turner field from there. Im going by myself and am not used to a big city. Do i need to worry about walking around at night or anything? Should i just depend on taxis to get back and forth to turner field and do my exploring during the day? Does anyone have a clue how much a taxi would be from the area around the atl airport to turner field?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: atlanta airport area

by TexasDave Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM

The Marta train can take you directly from the airport to Five Points, the central station, and from there you could either get a taxi, walk, or possible a shuttle bus. I think the fare from the Ariport to downtown is about $30 one way.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Taxis are expensive now so look for public transport to and from your area. Atlanta with the many cars has a lot of traffic, but it is the way people really get around Atlanta because it is so spread out, They do have the MARTA system where you can take the train/metro/subway and connect with buses if need be. That is the best way to get around the traffic and it goes to Turner Field. There is a station at the airport and you can get the day pass and go all over Atlanta. have a good time.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

by rexvaughan Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Walking around downtown Atlanta should present no problems. If there is a game at Turner Field, walking around there should be okay as well. TexasDave is right. The cheapest way to get there from the airport is MARTA I think he is also right about the cost of a taxi. If you go by MARTA to the Five Points station, you will be very near Olympic Park, the Georgia Acquarium, World of Coca-Cola and right on Peachtree Street. You can make an easy bus connection to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center. Let us know what you want to see and do, and we will try to help more.

• Re: atlanta airport area

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM

im going to turner field on the 5th 6th and 7th of april planned on buying the city pass or whatever to see the aquarium is there a sports bar or resteraunt close to the airport that would have the braves game on monday night? kinda wanted to do some sight seeing shopping during the day.

• Re: atlanta airport area

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

is it ok to be outside at night around the airport? or should i stay in the hotel room after the game?

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

go outdoors, Atlanta is not that bad. Just do your common sense tourist thing. If it feel bad, or you get a bad feeling, go home to the hotel. But I never encounter bad vibes in Atlanta.you only really get into trouble if you look for it.

cheers tommy x

• janke_M's Profile Photo

by janke_M Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

i would definitely be cautious at night through the city. Treat it like any big city, keep alert, dont flash money or jewerly, secure things like purses. Stay in lit or busy areas if possible. if Bums bother you the best way to have them leave you alone is to just keep walking try not to make eye contact or say anything- if they dont bother you by all means say Hi, most are harmless (although i wouldnt suggest it)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines