Atlanta Travel Answers

change location

Morrow,ga

by jcc03004 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Im thinking of staying in Morrow, Ga for a few days couple questions 1) Is it a safe area? 2) Can i get to turner field from there without too much hassle? Also, if either is a no can someone clue me in to which parts of atl i should stay in im coming from CT and am not used to huge cities. I have a limited budget of around 60 a night cant really go any higher then that if im going to have shopping money.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Morrow,ga

by riorich55 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

jcc03004 wrote: Im thinking of staying in Morrow, Ga for a few days couple questions 1) Is it a safe area? 2) Can i get to turner field from there without too much hassle? Also, if either is a no can someone clue me in to which parts of atl i should stay in im coming from CT and am not used to huge cities. I have a limited budget of around 60 a night cant really go any higher then that if im going to have shopping money.
     Don't know much about this suburb of Atlanta, but at $60 per night you will be limited in hotel choices.  Days Inn, Sleep Inn.  Turner Field is not the easiest to get to without a car.   I've been there once when I stayed in Midtown and took a taxi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Morrow,ga

by bocmaxima Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

$60 per night, you should find something by the airport. Check Hotwire or Priceline if you find nothing elsewhere. Getting to Turner Field will be an issue from that far out. It's not a bad area, per se, but there's just nothing out there but scattered residential and a few interstate business (cheap hotels, gas stations, chain restaurants, etc.).

The airport would allow you to take MARTA to the game, which will save you the tremendous hassle of not only driving in Atlanta, but also having to park for a game.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines