Athens Travel Answers

change location

UAE Visa problem

by tomtom1 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I am travelling to Dubai (UAE) and then to Singapore (flights on Emirates) for a cruse from Singapore to Dubai (on Royal Carribean). Because I am from Canada, I need a visa for the UAE. UAE does not allow anyone to have two visas at the same time. So I have arranged to have the second visa issued by email after I leave Dubai the first time, and I can get it by Email on the boat. (and as backup, they will deliver a copy to me when I arrive in Dubai). My travel agent says that Royal Caribbean will not allow us on the boat without a visa. Does anyone have experience with this. Will Royal Caribbean allow us on?
Thanks Frustrated Tom

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: UAE Visa problem

by brotherleelove Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

If a well-meaning contrubutor here on VT tells you yes, RC will allow you to board the ship, but when you get there you are turned away for lack of proper documentation, what will you do, tell them VT said it's OK? All important and legal questions pertaining to visas should be taken to the source. DO NOT rely on a travel advice website for something as critical as this.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

brotherleelove wrote:
    If a well-meaning contrubutor here on VT tells you yes, RC will allow you to board the ship, but when you get there you are turned away for lack of proper documentation, what will you do, tell them VT said it's OK? All important and legal questions pertaining to visas should be taken to the source. DO NOT rely on a travel advice website for something as critical as this.

Absoutely the best advice from "brotherleelove", do NOT rely on the VT forum for the correct advice, listen to your travel agent and to RCCL for the answers. 

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I agree with brotherleelove and can't help but wonder what this question has to do with Athens, Greece.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines