Athens Travel Answers

change location

refrigerators

by Yaakovhillel Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM

refrigerators in rooms in 4 star hotels?

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: refrigerators

by xymmot Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM

most likely, some even have a full bar.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I think you would probably have to check the amenities list of any hotel you are interested in.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Depends entirely on the hotel: it is not a given. As noted above, you'll need to check the individual hotel room information.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

most 4 stars and below that I have stayed in has a little refrigerator. It is like it's standard in a room now a days. I have been traveling the past few months and I can not recall any of my hotel rooms not having one.

cheers tommy x

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Mini-bars, yes, I'd agree that they are pretty common in 4* European hotels. But I wonder if the OP means a refrigerator, rather just than a mini-bar? Many mini-bars are not really efficient enough to function as a refrigerator, in my experience.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I can't recall a minibar in my 2/3* European rooms, Tommy, only when l've stayed in a 4* (itself a very rare occurrence!).

Different standards and provisions apply in different countries.

by goodfish Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Right: minibars and refrigerators are not the same thing. You might be able to squeak a bottle of water into a minibar but not leftovers from a restaurant meal.

Here in the states I've seen more mini fridges (not minibars) in small town, 3* motels than in 4* city hotel rooms.

by goodfish Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Forgot to mention: suites and apartment hotels are the exception. They tend to be "outfitted" with extras on a more regular basis.

I might suggest browsing the Athens, Greece hotel listings on booking.com and seeing how many of them list refrigerators in their room descriptions? Then you'll know what you have to choose from if having this amenity is important to you.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Most will have a Bar Fridge

2 members found this helpful

• Re: refrigerators

by Phillyjan Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Not so, lynne, alas. I've stayed in Athens during 10 trips, at 4 or 5 budget hotels, and NONE has had fridges as standard .. perhaps in rooms designated as "apartments" but not standard doubles. In some places, you may be able to arrange to put something in a kitchen fridge or a cold-drinks fridge in a breakfast or bar area, but as a favour, that one would have to request & hope for a 'yes.'

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Phillyjan wrote:
    Not so, lynne, alas. I've stayed in Athens during 10 trips, at 4 or 5 budget hotels, and NONE has had fridges as standard .. perhaps in rooms designated as "apartments" but not standard doubles. In some places, you may be able to arrange to put something in a kitchen fridge or a cold-drinks fridge in a breakfast or bar area, but as a favour, that one would have to request & hope for a 'yes.'

Well......as usual, we will have to agree to disagree here. Both hotels that we have stayed at (in Athens) have had bar fridges (mini)-

1 member found this helpful

• Re: refrigerators

by Phillyjan Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Lynn, I did not say that 4-star hotels didn't have them .. .I was saying that budget hotels, in my experience, do not have them as standard -- I'm not talking about hotels @ €100 + rates off-season, I'm talking Plaka hotels at quite modest rates, 60-80€ in May.

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Yes and we stayed in a hotel in Plaka in April 2011 and paid 75euros. There was a bar fridge which was big enough to keep our drinks and fruit cold.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines