Aswan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aswan airport transfer

by Suesan Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

What is the usual taxi fare from Aswan airport to central Aswan?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM
    • holiday lets in Aswan, Egypt

by jetsetter45 Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any English owned holiday lets and apartments in Aswan?
      I am hoping to visit in new year and don`t really like hotels, please help

17 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

4x4 half day tour into desert

by lclaudio Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi again.....once in Aswan, i'd like to ask if anyone knows about any kind of tour in the morning or evening going into desert passing by sand dunes and things like that....if so, do you suggest this kind of tour, i mean, it worth?

many thanks luiz claudio

1 Answer Jun 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • New Cataract Hotel

by bbailey Online Now Sep 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Is this hotel open at the moment as I can not pick it up on any hotel site.

8 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    • Is going to Aswan worth it?

by joinjoni Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hi!
      We only have a couple of days for the Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel area of Egypt. My question is...

1. would it be more beneficial to ONLY do Luxor for this time and eliminate the Aswan and Abu Simbel portion of the trip?

2. How much extra time would Aswan and Abu Simbel add to this trip (how much time would I absolutely need--considering travel time as well).

3. Is it possible (and would it make sense) to JUST do Luxor and Abu Simbel? I'm not sure what really is a "must see" in Aswan and I'm feeling that I will be more disappointed to miss out on seeing Abu Simbel than anything in Aswan. But so many people do both!

4. So in all, my boyfriend and I are definitely seeing Luxor and we are most impressed by Abu Simbel but wondering if we can/should make the time for this portion. I do not want to kick myself later by not seeing it when I was there.

Thanks for all of your help!

4 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    • Anyone know if I can fly to Jordan to Aswan? Or anywhere near there?

by joinjoni Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I have only a few days in Egypt and am leaving from Cairo. So, we will be in Jordan first and am wondering if I can fly to Aswan or Luxor and then end the trip in Cairo. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 12, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    • Aswan or Luxor?

by aligen Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hi there,
      we will be travelling to cairo in march 2011, and we were looking to take an overnight train from cairo to either Luxor or Aswan, stay a night, then take the night train back. With our itinerary, only 1 night is possible. Would you recommend Luxor or Aswan, and why?
      Thanks so much!

4 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    • left luggage

by angieangeluk Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Does anyone know if there are lockers where luggage can be left at Aswan train station?
      Many thanks,Angie

• Lake Nasser Fishing

by mbennet Online Now May 25, 2010 at 6:48 PM

What tour guide would you recommend for a day of fishing on Lake Nasser?

2 Answers May 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    • Prettyhighflyer's Profile Photo

Suggestions/tips about visiting Luxor/Aswan arriving from Aqaba

by Prettyhighflyer Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 5:31 AM

I am a frequent visitor to Egypt but as yet have not visited Valley of the Kings or Abu Simbel. I plan to be in Jordan (Aqaba), in May and have been advised there's a ferry that I can take from Aqaba to Egypt and then onto both destination??? I am not interested in an organised tour or a nile cruise a Feluca would be great. Has anybody any ideas as to how I could organise this plus any tips on the goods/bad of travelling on a Feluca. Thanks Georgia. p.s. I don't access VT often, please can you send any info to my email georgie_dicker@yahoo.co.uk.

• Abu Simbel

by pinelake4 Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM

We're goint to stay in Aswan for a week. We're thinking to visit Abu Simbel by ourselves. Any suggestion how to visit Abu Simbel by ourselves without joining a tour group if it can be done?

2 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    • Airport to hotel

by pinelake4 Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM

We're going to fly in at Aswan airport. Hotel told us it would cost US$60 for two of us from picking up at the airport to the hotel (Pyramisae). I checked map. It's less than 20 miles away. Is any other way to get to our distination with less expense?

• chris.hh's Profile Photo

Hotel in Aswan

by chris.hh Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Hi you guys, I am just getting my trip to Egypt fixed. I am just missing a good idea for an hotel in Aswan. Does anybody have a tip? Should not be too expensive, but also it should be clean and secure.
      Or I also would like a family run thing. Like B&B - but there are not too many options, I guess.
      If you have some good tips, I'd be love to read them.
      Thanks for your help & best, Chris.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

aswan budget accomodation

by anonxxx Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 2:12 AM

can anyone advise me on a budget accomodation in aswan (on booking com only expensive ones and very few)?
      same question for luxor

2 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    • Aswan to Luxor Bus service?

by vsitter Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Is there bus service between Aswan and Luxor? I understand that the only train that foreigners are allowed to take is the evening sleeper train. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    • Visit Abu Simbel

by pinelake4 Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

We're going to visit Abu Simbel (bus from Aswan). We found all tour groups follow the pattern of spending only two hours at the site. Is any bus leave Abu Simbel (back to Aswan) in the afternoon? How can we spend longer time in Abu Sibel without staying overnight there? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    • So many ships/so little time!

by pjnstuie Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Hi-
      Looking for recommendations for a 3-4 nite cruise from Aswan-Luxor.
      So many cruise ships and unable to really tell the difference.
      Would like a cabin on the top deck w/balcony--want to enjoy the view.
      Nothing too expensive--we're pretty much middle of the road types!
      Thanks,
      PJ

5 Answers Jan 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    • Copper and Brass Plates

by Soccerplay58 Online Now Dec 23, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase a copper or brass plate. I am also looking for Egypt woven baskets. I was just there on a wonderful tour (through Go Ahead Tours) - our tour guide was Hesham. He did a fabulous job. I regret not buying any of the copper or brass plates after I returned to the US. I would like to find one from Egypt and have it shippped to me.
      Brian in Ohio
      Soccerplay58@hotmail.com

2 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    • gallivanting1's Profile Photo

Fishing Lake Nasser

by gallivanting1 Online Now Jun 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM

We are looking to book a Nile cruise ending in Aswan. Once there we were hoping to book a fishing trip. Since you usually get off the cruise in the morning we want to board the fishing boat and do some fishing, overnight and then spend the next full day fishing before we catch the sleeping train back to Cairo. Pricing for this has been ridiculous! Has anyone ever booked a fishing trip while in Aswan? I'm thinking I will get the best deal there but don't know if it has been done before. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 24, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    • cruises on nile

by johntirrell Online Now May 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Is it better to go on board a cruiser in Luxor and try to get a deal on cruise to Aswan? john

4 Answers Nov 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    • Best place to book a nile cruisers from Aswan to Luxor

by warwickite Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM

We're travelling as a family group in September 2009 - 2 couples and 4 young teenagers and are looking for great experiences at best prices. Do you think it would be safe to find a Nile cruiser from Aswan to Luxor when we arrive in Aswan, as we're thinking we'll get the best prices locally, or do we need to book before we leave? Any suggestions about which cruise ships would be best for families. Kids are 14-16 years old and great travellers. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    • Flight time from Aswan to Cairo

by ThamLaiWun Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 12:36 AM

How long the flight time from Aswan to Cairo?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    • What's the average price of meals in Aswan?

by lauriejackson Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Two of us are travelling to Egypt this weekend - 20 February 2009 - and will be staying at Isis Island hotel in Aswan for one week. Please can anyone give us some idea of what meals cost, on average, in Aswan as we don't necessarily want to spend US$25 on the hotel's buffet meal....every meal!!

We're also going to Sharm el Sheikh, but I gather there are hundreds of reasonably priced restaurants there to choose from. However, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

2 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    • Where can I get information on flying to Abu Simbel and back on same day?

by TheWholeTruth Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Hi All,

I would like to fly to Abu Simbel from Aswan and back on the same day. However, I can't find any flights that leave from Aswan in the morning and back the same day. Can someone please guide me? I need to know either a good web site with information on all possible domestic air connections in Egypt OR the name / email of a good person I can contact regarding that. (Egypt Air web site does not seem to have all the connections listed). Thanks!!!

4 Answers Mar 23, 2009 at 1:20 AM
    • CAR TRAVEL EGYPT - SOUDAN

by tropicway Online Now Nov 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM

Can anyone offer some advice on traveling by car in Egypt from Cairo to Aswan and then by ferry to Wadi Halfa. It seems that it is now difficult to travel in the south. Are convoy organized by police / army ? I plan to travel to Sudan in two-three months if it is possible ! Thanks

1 Answer Feb 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM
    • confused traveller

by oddles Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 1:14 PM

I am trying to organise an independant visit to Egypt for early Sept but am getting totally frustrated with the logistics of it all. Bascially we are flying into Cairo and hope to spend a full day sight seeing. From there I would like to do a 4 night Nile cruise and then spend the remainder of a 14 days holiday in Sharm.
      My problem is no matter what way I research this all I seem to be doing is spending my time going to or from Cairo airport.
      Has anyone tried to fit all 3 areas into a two week break and if so how. Personally I'd prefare not to go with an organised travel agent as I like to be able to move around as I wish.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Jun 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    • Russian Friendship monument at Aswan High Dam

by Fostate Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Does anyone know anything about the Russian Friendship monument at Aswan High Dam? e.g. when it was built? Who designed it? what it says inside? I have tried to find out without success Thank you

2 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • How do I book the bus from Hurghada to Aswan in advance

by sairamr1 Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 3:15 AM

I am touring Egypt in late November. I want to travel from hurghada to Aswan overnight by bus. I read in this forum and elsewhere that I cannot book buses in advance and the buses usually run full. Is this true? Are there private airconditioned buses which I can book in advance? I do not want to book a package tour of aswan. I just want to book an A/C bus from hurghada to aswan. Is it possible to do from cairo a day or two in advance. What would be the cost?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2008 at 6:09 AM
    • abercrome's Profile Photo

Felucca Boat ride from Aswan-Luxor...will there be wind?

by abercrome Online Now May 16, 2008 at 7:53 AM

I wrote a tour company to see if I could get a felucca boat from Aswan to Luxor for 20Jun. He said there are no felucca boats running during the summer and stated I needed to get a river boat cruise (which he so happens to have). Didn't sound right to me and think it is bogus but wanted to know if anyone could verify this. Are there no boats running for the month of Jun? I don’t want to get on a huge river boat cruise and would prefer to keep it smaller and more personal. Thanks for your help.

9 Answers Dec 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    • Presidential Nile Cruise

by Suprio1 Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Hello everyone, I have booked 3N/4D on Presidential Nile cruise Luxor to Aswan. Can anyone share their experience. Although my travel is confirmed it would give me comfort to know that they are okay. Thanks in advance.
      Suprio

2 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM