Aswan Travel Answers

change location

How do I book the bus from Hurghada to Aswan in advance

by sairamr1 Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 3:15 AM

I am touring Egypt in late November. I want to travel from hurghada to Aswan overnight by bus. I read in this forum and elsewhere that I cannot book buses in advance and the buses usually run full. Is this true? Are there private airconditioned buses which I can book in advance? I do not want to book a package tour of aswan. I just want to book an A/C bus from hurghada to aswan. Is it possible to do from cairo a day or two in advance. What would be the cost?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vdoortje's Profile Photo

Re: How do I book the bus from Hurghada to Aswan in advance

by vdoortje Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 5:17 AM

To be fair: domestic busses are not allowed to take tourists. They do on occasions with backpackers in order to sell the left over seats. Being this the subject it is impossible to book a bus in advance.

Reason for this is that tourists have to follow the convoy, while domestic busses don't.

You can get a private car. If you are on your own I wouldn't go for a bus or a minivan. Far to expensive. You can hire a taxi from Hurghada and haggle a price. You can also have someone in Cairo or Hurghada do the deal for you in advance.

Last time we were in Egypt we had a private minivan from Aswan to Port Khaleb/Marsa Alam and from there to Cairo 5 days later. We were with the 4 of us and we only had to pay for the transportation from Port Khaleb to Cairo. That trip costed us 235 Euro's for the 4 uf us. But we did know that the drivers were not included, so we tipped them 80LE each and they were very satisfied with that.

Our friend in Cairo arranged this all. You can contact him by e-mail:

bahaa94@hotmail.com
    m.bahaa2@usa.net

Good luck, Dora.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: How do I book the bus from Hurghada to Aswan in advance

by sairamr1 Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Thanks Dora.
    But does that mean that I can't reserve Super Jet,East Delta,El Gouna buses in advance? I thought they are not really local buses. Also, I thought there is no convoy from hurghada to aswan and hence I can book in these buses and travel.

Thanks for the reference. I will contact him and get aq quote

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

Re: How do I book the bus from Hurghada to Aswan in advance

by vdoortje Online Now Jul 4, 2008 at 6:09 AM

I am not sure there is a Super Jet from Aswan to Hurghada. I don't think so! And it is hard to book a domestic flight in Egypt by Internet, so I think booking bus tickets will even be harder. But I never done it; Mohamed always took care of my tickets. Did it perfect at low cost.

And there is a convoy for every tourist transfer in upper Egypt! Also from Aswan to Hurghada! We went from Aswan to Marsa Alam, that meant we needed to follow the convoy from Aswan to Edfu and in Edfu we needed to pick up the convoy from Edfu to Marsa Alam.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines