Asuncion (Departamento)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flooding in Asuncion

Paraguay Jul 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Hi, I will be traveling to Paraguay in a few weeks and wondered if someone who is in Asuncion (or has seen it recently) can give me some info about the flooding. I will be in the area around Loma San Jerónimo and wanted to take a boat to Chaco-I.

Is this still possible?

How is the rest of the country around San Bernardino and Villarrica?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

more

Popular Asuncion (Departamento) Travel Answer Locations

• massot's Profile Photo

´Three days in Asunción

Asunción Jan 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Please, some advice about transport from to Airport, hotel (medium price), and what to do!.
      Thanks dear VT travellers!
      Roma, Barcelona, Tarragona

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Bus to Salta Argentina

Asunción Feb 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Hi!

Does any know if their is a bus from Asuncion to Salta Argentina?

3 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • Asuncion nightlife

Asunción Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi all,

Short notice I know but no harm asking.

I'd like to step out tonight and soak up a little nightlife. My days of booming dance music clubs were fun but they are firmly in the past. Any suggestions on bars where there´s a more mature crowd? My usual thing is to see if I can find a bar where there´s some live music on (covers rather than the leading edge of contemporary new stuff) so something like that would be interesting although I am open to other ideas.

Short notice as I said but what the heck.

Cheers.

• Ge

Asunción Jan 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hi all,

I posted this in the forum for Foz. If anyone is able to advise on this question, it would superb if you could add any advice there that you have.

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

Any help is welco,e.

2 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • Encarnacion

Asunción Nov 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I am visiting friends in Encarnacion- I need to go from Asuncion to Encarnacion- what is the best way to go to encarnacion? I arrive on December 24 is transporation flexible? how much will it cost me?
      Thanks
      Amy

2 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 3:37 AM
    • will I need jacket to travel to Asuncion in June?

Asunción Oct 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM

thank you, vry much

1 Answer Nov 28, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • clmetal's Profile Photo

Going to Resistencia Argentina

Asunción Feb 27, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Is this easy to do from Asuncion if you have a multi entry visa? Imagine you would have to take a taxi to a bridge and walk accross?

And is that city worth seeing?

thanks

• tia chela bar restaurant

Asunción Jan 16, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Someone recommended the above as a good eatery. It´s somewhere near Calle Iturbe y Caballero. Anyone know the exact location???

3 Answers May 19, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    • barryg23's Profile Photo

Which Asuncion is correct

Asuncion (Departamento) Oct 12, 2007 at 2:44 PM

I´m about to add Asuncion in Paraguay to my travel map yet when i look it up in the VT destination search I get two results both of which look correct and both of which contain rated pages on Asuncion. Does anyone know which is the correct one?

Thx
      Barry

1 Answer Oct 13, 2007 at 2:31 AM
    • Visiting Asuncion

Asunción Aug 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Will be visiting Asuncion during October. Seeking recommendations for hotels in the range of US$15-25 for a single room. Also suggestions for clubs, bars, pubs, and lounges, preferably with dancing, where I can meet people in their fourties and fifties.

• Sugar Ice Cream Parlor

Asuncion (Departamento) Oct 24, 2005 at 6:45 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is information on the web about the wonderful ice cream parlor in Asuncion called "Sugar?" Thank you!

4 Answers Oct 25, 2005 at 9:13 AM
    • weather

Capitán Pablo Lagerenza Oct 8, 2004 at 2:02 PM

What is the weather like in Capitán Pablo Lagerenza ?

• chris_i79's Profile Photo

Tragic fire in Asuncion

Asuncion (Departamento) Aug 2, 2004 at 12:13 AM

I was shocked to hear about the horrible fire at the Ycua Bolanos shopping complex in Asuncion. I was just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with where it was located in the city. Was this the shopping center located near to the bus terminal???

5 Answers Nov 12, 2004 at 11:02 PM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Asuncion

Asuncion (Departamento) Jan 21, 2004 at 11:46 AM

I understood that a lot of the cheaper hotels mentioned in "Lonely Planet" etc. are closed by now even I have a copy from 2002. Has anybody recent experience on where to stay for one night only in Asuncion? Urgent reply please cause we leave on Friday 23.01.04

2 Answers Jan 24, 2004 at 9:22 AM

asunción - buenos aires by bus

Asuncion (Departamento) Dec 14, 2003 at 6:47 AM

On november 20 I put a question about river paraguay travel with a boat called "Guarani". as I didnt get any reply I have to make a "plan B". I am thinking about going by bus from asunción to B.As. and then up the coast making my way to Rio. As I am already a bit older (hehe!) I would like to make no more then 6 to 7 hours on each travel day. I am eager to get any ideas of interesting points "en route" We are 2 austrians and so we dont need any visas. saludos, richard

4 Answers Jan 19, 2004 at 10:40 AM

Boat "Guarani" up the Paraguay river

Asuncion (Departamento) Nov 20, 2003 at 12:54 AM

Hello, can anybody inform me about the January and February 2004 departure days of the "Guarani" from Asunción to Concepción? Thanks in advance and best regards from Vienna,Austria - Richard Hola, alguien puede informarme sobre los dias de partida de la nave "Guarani" de Asunción para Concepción en Enero y Febrero del 2004. Muchas gracias y saludos de Viena, Austria - Richard

• markus64's Profile Photo

Meeting in Asuncion?

Asunción Oct 27, 2003 at 8:29 AM

I´m a psychotherapist and writer from Germany travelling South America- I´ll arrive in Asuncion about the 5th November 03 and plan to stay there for a couple of days. Would any local care to meet me and maybe show and tell me a bit about the town? I also speak some Spanish (though worse than English).

1 Answer Oct 27, 2003 at 5:55 PM
    • I_clavdivs's Profile Photo

I am visiting Asunción in June

Asunción May 4, 2003 at 6:48 PM

Any tips would be appreciated. Do you know of any excellent restaurants? How does the city compare to other Latin American cities? Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 31, 2003 at 4:43 PM