Asturias Travel Answers

change location

Parador Fuentes De

by maripan Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Hi, I'm traveling to Asturias in June 2007 and would like to visit the Parador Fuentes De. Here is my question: How is the road to get to the Parador? Is it too treacherous? I'll probably be driving from Oviedo. Also, if you have any experience with Paradores, a few weeks ago they had seniors and young adult rates of 45 euros per person, but now I don't see that option any more, is it over?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

RE: Parador Fuentes De

by PaulKirk Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 12:18 PM

I don't know about the parador but Fuente De is a stunning cable car ride and well reccommended. If you are travelling from Oviedo you'll head east towards Santander on the motorway and turn off to Potes. The road winds through a big limestone gorge and it has some narrow parts and sharp corners. You need to be careful if big wagons or coaches are coming the other way. I wouldn't say it is treacherous but you need to be careful on the corners. While you are at Fuente De think about going to see the Cares gorge. It's accessible from Cain or Poncebos and an incredible walk. It's got some sheer drops and no barriers so you need a head for heights. Also from Poncebos is a funicular up to Bulnes. It's a tiny mountain village with no roads.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Asturias Travel Answer Locations