Travel Answers
Asti

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra (prov di Novara)

Intra Mar 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra Italy

Intra Mar 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • bhrousemd's Profile Photo

Shopping in Asti

by bhrousemd Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I'm headed to Asti for the Palio this fall. Right now, I am planning on traveling light, as I find it is more fun to "shop" for some clothes during my trip (that not being the sole purpose!). I am wondering if there are any recommendations for clothing stores in the city, or if there are any outlets nearby. Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Bike rental in the province of Asti

by YAELTRINKER Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 6:09 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking for some information about bicycle rentales for a days trip. We wanted to rent the bikes for teh day and maybe try and manege to see a vinyard or attend any win festival or other gastronomic event this week ! in the province of asti .
      Thankyou for your time
      Yael

• Bike rental in the province of Asti

by YAELTRINKER Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Hi i'm interested in renting a copule of bicycel pairs for a day to go around asti or maybe on of the smaller towns near by , including if possibel a tour to a vinyard or soom other win event this up coming week .

• Beverly

by beverlyjackson Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 5:31 AM

I'm hoping to find information about high schools in Asti, Italy. My daughter, Megan High, has planned for a year to be a foreign exchange student in Italy. We chose the program, Two Worlds United, and they have been keeping us updated since February about the long process of finding a host family, visa, etc.. All of her information should have been completed by June 1, 2006.

We just found out that she will be living in Asti, Italy, but when I ask for phone numbers for the school and host family, I'm told that they don't have that information. This is starting to look like a scam and I just need a phone number for the high schools in Asti, Italy.

Now that there is doubt in my mind about this company, if they do actually pull this off and Megan does get to spend her senior year of high school in Asti, I will have to travel there when she goes, just to make sure she does have a family to live with and that she is alright.

I'll need a place to stay for a week that is reasonably priced. They haven't even applied for her visa but keep saying that everything is alright. I've learned that they have an F rating with the Better Bussiness Bureau, so it just doesn't look promising. I've paid the money and if they actually do come through, I'll be flying with her to make sure she is safe.

Any ideas on who I could contact to see if Two Worlds United has even attempted to get Megan enrolled in a high school in Asti, Italy would very much be appreciated.

Sincerely,
      Beverly High Jackson
      2014 Crown Pointe Blvd

6 Answers Aug 28, 2006 at 10:57 AM