change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• peekenjoo's Profile Photo

Walking in Umbria

by peekenjoo Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Hi all, I plan a walking trip in the region of Assisi (Perugia, Spello, Spoleto). This is the first time I want to taking a "walking" holiday… Does any one have tips for planning? Where can I find good maps for walking tours? Google maps permits me to set the itinerary using normal roads, but i was hoping to use smaller paths and trails. Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

more
    • peekenjoo's Profile Photo

Walking in Umbria

by peekenjoo Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Hi all, I plan a walking trip in the region of Assisi (Perugia, Spello, Spoleto). This is the first time I want to taking a "walking" holiday… Does any one have tips for planning? Where can I find good maps for walking tours? Google maps permits me to set the itinerary using normal roads, but i was hoping to use smaller paths and trails. Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

7 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • Rome, Florence and Assisi in 4 days

by Marygrace1102 Online Now May 20, 2014 at 2:56 PM

My husband and I will be visiting Italy the very first time this coming July 10-14 before embarkation to our cruise. We want to maximize our trip that's why we are planning to visit Florence for a day, another day in assisi, and the rest is Rome. We will appreciate any suggestions on how we could do all these. places to visit and how to travel there. Thank you.
      Mary Grace

27 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM
    • taxi from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola airport

by Nr7 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 2:44 PM

My flight from Peretola airport leaves at 6am. I don't see any train from S.Maria degli Angeli that will get me to Peretola before 6am. I'm afraid my only option is to take a taxi.
      - How much would a taxi cost from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola?
      - Is 2 hours enough time from S.Maria degli Angeli to Peretola (leave at 4am)?
      Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • luggage storage

by tonyarohr Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Are there lockers or storage options at the Assisi train station or bus station for people who are visiting Assisi for the day?

4 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • Yatton's Profile Photo

No Question Title

by Yatton Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Hi Has anyone stayed at the Casa Papa Giovanni? Thinking of staying there next year and would like some pics and advice whether it is accessable by bus from the train station in Assisi?

5 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • ddevronn's Profile Photo

Assisi on November 1st

by ddevronn Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM

We were planning on going to Assisi from Rome on the 1st of November, then in the evening going over to Florence. However I have just noticed that November 1st is All Saints Day. Would this change anything? Will places be closed? Will there be too much of a crowd? Also is a day enough for Assisi?

13 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • Bus travel from Assisi to Siena

by cmc12 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I had seen a bus from Santa Maria Degli to Siena leaving mid morning but I can no longer find it on bus schedules, Is anyone aware of direct bus travel on Fridays?

8 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • Proper clothing for the season

by bakergirl Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Traveling to assisi the 20th of September. This question would be more for the women of the group. Undecided what to pack, short sleeves, long sleeves, sweaters, pants, dresses, coats, hot, cold, fall? I realize it is in the mountains but will be traveling also to Florence and Rome the following week. HELP!

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    • Lavendar Products from Assisi

by jacolt Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I recently travelled to Assisi, Italy and cannot remember the name of a shop near Santa Chiara (on the way to the church) that sold beautiful Lavendar products. I did purchase some things but would like to order more. Can you tell me the name and contact info for that shop?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    • Roman Forum

by qbnchick1 Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I can't seem to find what the admission price is. The closest I have found is the word "charge." Does anyone know?

Thanks.

5 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    • transport from Rome airport to Assisi

by gladys2312003 Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

what is the simple and easy way to get to Assisi from Rome airport

2 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • Day trip to Assis from Termini

by nev38 Online Now May 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Hi, I will be on a 5 days visit to Rome. I wanted to make a day trip to Assisi, would like to get some information about the same. Can i go to Assisi from Termini on a train or are there daily buses plying on that route? What would be the distances? Kindly advice.

4 Answers May 25, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • tickets for Calendimaggio

by zorgon808 Online Now Nov 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM

We want to attend the 3 days of the Calendimaggio on May 2,3 and 4 of 2013. How can I get tickets for the 3 days in advance?

3 Answers Nov 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    • jmsgirl's Profile Photo

Train pass from Assisi to Rome?

by jmsgirl Online Now May 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hello!

My family is looking to move to Italy for a year or so so my husband can study at a university in Rome. We really want to live in Assisi and are considering our options. We know that there is a monthly train pass that covers 65kms around Rome for 63E, but is there a monthly train pass that would include the commute from Assisi to Rome?

Thank you for your time!

1 Answer May 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    • scottysgirl2's Profile Photo

Any bus from assisi to l'aquila

by scottysgirl2 Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Hello, I will be staying in assisi for two nights, mid october this year, I will head down to l'aquila from there. Anyone know if there is a bus from assisi to l'aquila?
      Thank you, Scottysgirl2

4 Answers Aug 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • Horseback Riding?

by justjess Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I'm traveling alone to Assisi for three days at the beginning of April and one thing I heard mentioned that sounded wonderful was horseback riding up through the umbrian hills, perhaps to one of the old monestaries or just to see some great views. I've tried to look for places that offer horseback riding but am having a hard time. I've seen a couple that are kind of far outside of assisi (a 20-30 minute drive) and offer trips to their guests, but i'm staying in the heart of assisi and was hoping to find a tour / ride that leaves from the city proper or just outside. any ideas??

1 Answer Feb 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

Request info regarding this statue / sculpture

by basstbn Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I recently posted a photo to my flickr photo stream of the very striking, modern-looking statue on the lawn in front of the upper level of the Basilica di San Francesco. It appears to be a knight (Crusader?) on horse back and can be seen at: flickr.com/photos/kansasexpl...

I've been searching the net for further information regarding this work. Can any of my VT friends help me out? Grazie

5 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    • Celebration of Pardon

by msiabackpacker Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I will be in Assisi on the 2nd of August.
      I have been reading online that the Celebration of Pardon is held in the Basilica Santa Maria Degli Angeli on that day. Is it a big celebration that will draw huge crowds?

Regards,
      Stevie

3 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    • jmsgirl's Profile Photo

Any Cheese tours or Cheese tasting shops in Assisi area?

by jmsgirl Online Now May 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM

My fiance LOVES CHEESE!!! We are going to Assisi for part of our honeymoon and I would really like to surprise him by taking him on a cheese tasting tour or to a restaurant/store that allows cheese tasting.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you!!

1 Answer May 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    • Train schedule to Assisi

by Olde_Gaffer Online Now May 24, 2010 at 6:47 PM

We plan to go to Assisi from Ancona but the Trenitalia online schedule only shows two trains from Foligno/day - 1 at 15:15 at 1 at 21:54. I don't want to spend hours waiting in Foligno for a 10 minute ride to Assisi. Should I plan to catch a taxi or is the schedule inaccurate?

2 Answers May 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Firenze - Assissi ... or Firenze - Perugia

by nomad7890 Online Now May 21, 2010 at 2:21 PM

What is the best way to pre-purchase a ticket from Firenze to Assisi before leaving the US?

I have a few days after Euromeet and I will be coming back to the US from Munich. I thought I could run down and stay a few days in Firenze (Florence), and take a side trip to Assisi, which appears to be around three hours away.

I tried test purchasing a ticket from Gruppo Ferrovie dello Stato, and got back 'solution not purchaseable'.

It looks like I can book Munich to Firenze using the Die Bahn site. I want to keep to rail in case the volcano acts up.

What is the best way to buy the ticket from Firenze to Assisi?

I know this next question depends on my taste - but would you do Firenze - Assisi, or Firenze - Perugia?

8 Answers May 22, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    • Rome airport (FCO) to Assisi

by bkd13 Online Now May 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I've read some differing opinions on the best way to get from Rome to Assisi. One suggestion was to NOT take the train into Rome and then out from there, instead going straight out on the train to Orte. Having never been to Italy at all, I have no idea but I'm looking for the simplest way.
      All advice is appreciated.

2 Answers May 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Assisi to Go or Not to Go

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM

We have only two days (three nights) in Perugia and I would like some reasons why one of those days should be spent on the train to travel to Assisi.
      I am not religious and I have see some fabulous cathedrals etc. in the past.

traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

11 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    • Need complete telephone number for the Grand Hotel Assisi

by drronh Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 7:03 AM

I will be traveling to Assisi in May, and need to make a reservation at the Grand Hotel Assisi. Their on-line booking is not working, and I cannot get a reply to any email. The telephone number is 39 075 8150, but I think there are missing digits, as my phone call from the US is not going through.

Can anyone help me find the complete phone number to call the hotel?

21 Answers Feb 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    • slimjess07's Profile Photo

bus from assisi to sorrento

by slimjess07 Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I have seen on a couple of different websites that there is a bus everyday form assisi to sorrento, but that is all that is says. Does anyone know where in assisi do you catch this bus, schedule, how much it costs, and how long it takes? Thanks.
      Jess

3 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    • Glen30's Profile Photo

accommodation

by Glen30 Online Now Aug 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Hi Vters,

I'm now swaying my preference to Assisi instead of Orvieto.
      Could someone kindly recommend some good B&Bs (or hotels) centrally located which makes an ideal base to explore assisi by foot since I do not drive.

Thanks
      Glen

8 Answers Nov 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    • sararosa's Profile Photo

Festival of St Francis

by sararosa Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Just happens that I will be in the Town of Assisi on the celebration of festival of St Francis. I am not sure as to what to expect. other than the town will be crowded with many worshipers. Will eateries and shops be open, or will most be closed to due to religious observance? Reservations have already been made, but if too mobbed perhaps I would be happier those days traveling to perugia? Has anyone experienced these two days Oct 3/4th in Assisi?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    • Assisi Rail Station Luggage Storage

by jhnm Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Does anyone know if there is luggage storage available for a few hours at Assisi railway station? We are hoping to travel by rail from Florence to Rome via Assisi to spend a few hours sightseeing in Assisi before resuming travel to Rome.

3 Answers Jun 5, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    • Rome to Assisi ???

by pitza Online Now May 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM

What is the cost to take the train roundtrip from Rome to Italy? What is the name of the train station in Rome?
      How long will the trip take each way? How do I get the fastest train i.e. express?
      Grazi Tante

4 Answers May 26, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    • wanderingtheworld's Profile Photo

Is everything open in Assisi on Monday...

by wanderingtheworld Online Now May 10, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I might visit Assisi from Florence on a Monday..will anything be opened..also I love Saint Francis..this is my main reason for going..where are the best places associated with him in Assisi. thank you

2 Answers May 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM