Assen Travel Answers

change location
silverskater's Profile Photo

Left luggage at Assen railway station

by silverskater Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Does anyone know if there anywhere you can leave luggage at or around Assen railway station. I'm going to the MotoGP in a couple of weeks and don't want to lug my backpack around with me.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Re: Left luggage at Assen railway station

by Pijlmans Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM

The website of the dutch Railways does not mention that there are lockers at this station...

See

ns.nl/en/travellers/about-yo...

In Dutch: ns.nl/reizigers/reisinformat...

Cheers,
    Dennis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • silverskater's Profile Photo

by silverskater Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thank you for your post. The link gave me the answer that may help me as Assen doesn't have luggage storage but, 'At a number of stations that do not have luggage lockers you can store your luggage in a luggage depot or Rijwielshop [bicycle shop] or Fietspoint [bicycle point]. You pay euro 5 per calendar day or partial day.' so I will check this out when I get there.

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Hopefully somebody with local experience will reply as well...

While you're in that neighborhood it may be nice to check out some of the the dolmen (hunebedden), see "The Dutch Pyramids" - Borger by Pijlmans for some more details

• Re: Left luggage at Assen railway station

by wentbytrain Online Now Jun 12, 2012 at 5:07 AM

actually there are 4 trains/hour: 2 to Central, 2 to ZUid-then airport Schiphol.
    Trip takeas about 65 mins, trains run from early morning till after midnite.
    NOW-you can get cheaper daythcikets for trains from BLOKKER stores-just 16€/pp-but valid on mo-fr only from 9.00-sat/sun all day.
    You can safely assume that any pair of larger towns is very well connected by train and or bus, but it wont be very cheap if you do not have any kind of disocunt card (useless for tourists-they only come as yearly tickets)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines