Assen Travel Answers

change location

assen help!!!

by sophia24 Online Now May 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM

hello i am from greece and i need your help!!!i will be in amsterdam at 13 of september at 11:30 in the morning.i want to go to assen the same day for the tattoo convention.can i make it or is it too far?how can i be there in time?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: assen help!!!

by pieter_jan_v Online Now May 16, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Is that 11.30 arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport?

The first direct train from the airport to Assen ai the one departing at 12.19 and arriving at 14.34 at Assen station. You have to take stadsbus 4 for a 12 minutes busride to the "De Smelt" building.
    The convention will be open till 19.00; so you have some 4 hours maximum to attend the convention.

Next direct train connection is one hour later.

On the half hours in between, you have to change trains at the Amersfoort station.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now May 16, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hello,

You can plan your journey with public transport here:

http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/

Good luck,
    Dennis

• rennohokwerda's Profile Photo

by rennohokwerda Online Now May 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM

The Netherlands are very small, so Amsterdam-Assen takes just two hours and maybe an extra 15 minutes. You have to take the train to Leeuwarden or Enschede if you're from the central Station and change in Amerfoort.
    If you're from the airport Schiphol, you can take the train to Groningen, once per hour without changes, another time once in Amersfoort again.
    So it's possible to get in Assen twice an hour, so don't worry! (changes take normally 3 minutes or so)

For schedules, chech www.ns.nl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines