change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello
      I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Never been

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Going for 10 days, either June. Or September ...all feed back as usual always helpful

more
    • Kipling Subway station parking and Wilson Subway Station Parking

Toronto Apr 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hello< I was wondering about the safety of the TTC subway station parking lots, especially the ones stated above. My family had been through a bad experience with a car break in (smashed window) and was wondering about if there are many car break-ins/thefts at these parking lots? Also are there security guards/police officers around these parking lots? I know people break into cars when they see something and I will try not to keep any valuables in my car and no item in plain sight.

Here are some links I've looked up

1. yelp.ca/biz/kipling-subway-s...
      2. thestar.com/opinion/columnis...
      3. forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-...
      more
    • lodge accommodation

Magaguadavic Lake Apr 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Is the Gut-A-Moose lodge cabin available to rent for a weekend off-season by a non-owner Anglophone South teacher. If so, who would I contact?

more
    • Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

more
    • Propane in the yukon and alaska?

Yukon Territory Apr 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM

We are looking at buying a camper to travel Yukon and Alaska for summer. the camper is on propane gas. does anyone know how many places that are to fill up propane?

more
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Azzeret's Profile Photo

wine/horse farm

Province of Quebec Apr 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Hallo,

I am planning holiday for my family. I would love to see some winery place with tasting wine or horse farm with possibility to ride a horses and get to know a bit more about both topics. The best would be to do it together at one place or close to each other.

My question is do you know about some nice farm winery with hotel in?

Thank you very much for any answer or good tips.

more
    • calgary trains

Calgary Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

how much fare does it cost if I ride from Marlborough station to chinook station?

more
    • Suggestions on itineary in the Western province/Gros Morne national park

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hi there,

I will be spending 6 days in the western province, mainly to visit Gros Morne National Park. I believe 6 days will be more than enough and was wondering if there are sites worthwhile driving to or visiting outside of the park (i.e. driving north)? Any input would much be appreciated!

more
    • Car rental in newfoundland for 10 days

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Apr 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Hi there,

I am travelling with my boyfriend to Newfoundland in mid June for for 10 days. We will be spending 4 days in St Johns and then flying to Deer Lake to hit the western side of the provide for the last 6 days. I've called a few car rental dealers for quotes and it seems that it can get quite pricey especially if requesting for unlimited milege. They quoted me $550 for 10 days, not yet including insurance. I was wondering if any one out there knows of a budget car rental dealer and whether unlimited milege is even required given that I will be flying from the eastern side of the province into the western side. Any advice/feedback would much be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

more
    • ebehenna's Profile Photo

Halifax city busses

Halifax Mar 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Am looking to take city bus from Scotia Square Terminal to Lord Nelson Hotel in near future. How would I go about it? And thanks.

more
    • Probability/cost of a sublet/condo Jan-March?

Whistler Apr 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking to do a half season from around New Years to the end of March. Anyone know the typical availability of mid-term accommodation during the peak time of the year? Won't have a car so walking/bussing is necessary. Would love to be in village but if it is significant savings to be a little further out that's okay. How much will a room in a 3-BR typically run me? What about a 1-BR? Or is this very hard to do?

Price range is $800-$1300

Thanks

more
    • Vancouver on a ship

Vancouver Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Where is the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver?

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Old city Quebec city

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Going for 10 days either June or September when is better. Going to rent from vrbo.. Is car needed...best things to do and see..... Looking for some help.... We are experienced travelers....love to go to out towns and places.

more
    • Jasper Itinerary

Jasper National Park Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I'm celebrating the big 60 - so I want to make this day special towards the end of June

Planned itinerary: Hotel is in Patricia Ave Jasper

Early trip on Parkfields Iceway - first trip out! continue to Maligine Canyon - Google puts this round trip as 56 minutes - then approx. 2 hours for Parkfields Iceway

Then head in the opposite direction to Moose Lake, Berg Lake - OK I accept we have to come back into Jasper first as Moose Lake is in exactly the opposite direction. Google maps puts this at 54 minute drive

We tend to leave the hotel at about 8am, arrive back by 8pm having eaten and head straight to bed - case of seeing as much as we can - we adjust itineraries on the day as some places are too far. I might be 60 but I'm super charged and have been know to wear my sons out with our previous sightseeing!!

Evening meal: yes I want something nice but restaurant prices seem horribly expensive - could possibly take in lunch instead - thinking of Downstream Restaurant or Jasper Brewing Company - both seem to have reasonably priced food with a fairly decent selection. We can't afford to go too much upmarket as we're on a budget.

Plan to do Lake Louise Lake Bow and others from Canmore

Hoping someone can make my big 60 special! Thanks

more
    • lodge accommodation

Magaguadavic Lake Apr 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Is it possible for a non-lodge, Anglophone South teacher to rent a Gut-A-Moose cabin for a weekend during the off-season? If so, who would I contact, and how?

more
    • How to plan a week's vacatiion to cover Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler.

Vancouver Apr 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are a family of four (boy 19 and girl 14) and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver for a week only and would like to visit Vancouver, Seattle and Whistler. How many days in Seattle would you recommend? what about Whistler, over night stay or two nights? I was not sure if we should go straight to Seattle from Vancouver on day we arrive from Calgary. This will be our first Vancouver visit. Three years ago, we drove from Calgary to Victoria, so we want to avoid Victoria this time. Any recommendations for sightseeing in Vancouver that we can do in three or four days?

Thanks
      Raza

more
    • Best time for wildflowers

Banff National Park Apr 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Our summer/fall is open. What's the best time for wildflowers in Canadian Rockies and best time for clear skies? I realize the latter is very unpredictable!

more
    • DanB80's Profile Photo

car rental

Vancouver Island Apr 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Do I need to reserve a car in advance or are the deals better if I wait until I arrive?

more
    • Hot Springs

Jasper National Park Apr 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Given that there are 3 hot springs within the par - Banff Hot springs, Radium & Miette which is the best - we could do either of them - more interested in the scenic views. We will be there 22 June until 1st July - will it be warm enough outside in a swimsuit?

Any other addition advice for a newbie visiting Canada for the first time much appreciated. Driving from Canmore through to Jasper on the Canadian Trans high way and looking forward to it. Trying to sort out fuel stations en route - any recommendations please?

Many thanks

more
    • ebehenna's Profile Photo

City busses

Halifax Mar 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Pomerol, where do I pick up "Bus 14" in Scotia Square? Will be dropped off there by Metro X bus from airport. Thanks.

more
    • Student season pass?

Whistler Mar 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Do you just need to submit verification of full time student status at the beginning of the season when you buy the student season pass? Or do you have to periodically prove student status?

more
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

Vancouver Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Where's a good place to rent a bike?

more
    • Flying into Buffalo, NY. Do I need to rent a car to get to Niagara or can we take a taxi?

Canada Mar 31, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Is there a train from Niagara to Toronto or would I be better off renting a car from Buffalo? I know there's a great transportation system in Toronto & prob won't need the car. Any advice would be appreciated. This is only a 3 day trip. We are flying from Boston. I've been trying to decide whether to drive there from Boston (apprx 8 hrs I think to Niagara) or fly (1.5hrs).. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to do this trip end of June (Fri to a Sun nite).

more