change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• avs189's Profile Photo

Need travel companion for Denver

Denver Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Planning to visit denver around president's day long weekend . Need travel companion for sharing the expenses.

more
    • How should I plan short Colorado Trip

Colorado Nov 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Hi,
      I am based in Los Angeles. In third week of December, I will be covering some part of AZ, New Mexico (Tucson, White Sands, Santa Fe, Taos) and planning for further route. I know Trail Ridge Road will be closed irrespective of good or bad weather. Same may be true for Rocky Mountain.
      I am thinking of taking route LA-Tucson-White Sands-Santa Fe-Taos-Colorado part-back to LA after covering on-route places. I have already Zion, Bryce, Moab, Arches/Canyonlands in my past trips. I was going through beautiful places in Colorado and found so many beautiful places, I am getting confused. We will drive rental car. We are not into skiing and long hikes, but mostly interested in scenic, photographic and beautiful places. I have few more questions :-
      1- If White Sands NM is comparable to Great Sands, should I skip whole lower loop of Tucson-White Sands ? any comparison, if anybody been to both places.
      2- Which places will not be accessible, in above mentioned places ? (I hope, I was able to mention best places)
      3- I will leave Santa Fe (or Taos) on 27-Dec morning and have to reach Grand Canyon on evening of 31-Dec. How should I plan these days between both places ?
      4- There are various routes from Santa Fe to Colorado Springs (25 and other one is via Taos-84-64-160-25, other one is via Million Dollar Hwy but out of way). Which route should I take ? I would keep a plan-B route in mind, because weather can be worse on few roads.
      I am facing hard time, how should I plan my days, place to visit and stay between 27-Dec and 31-Dec.
      Please suggest.

more
    • Where in the Animas Valley is this awesome location? (need answers today!)

Durango Nov 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am doing a photoshoot in a few days and I would really really like to figure out where the location of this picture is. I know it is in the Animas Valley, North of Durango, but I just don't know where exactly. If you know where it is, please pin it on a map on mapquest and reply with the URL of the map. Thanks so much for your help! I have my heart set on going to this location to help create a very special memory for a couple.

more
    • travel partner

Colorado Nov 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OK i m 30 year old guy, I am studying my PhD in engineering since 3 years and i want to take a road trip this Dec break for 2 weeks. my plans are from Denver-Santa Fe- Flagstaff- Vegas-San Francisco - Portland- Seattle - Vancouver- Calgary - Billing - Wyoming - Denver. I prefer female who can drive as well. Will split everything 60-40. 60% on me.

more
    • Day trip to Steam BOat

by marthamckenzie Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I am staying in Aspen for a week and i want to take a day trip to Steamboat. Are there any cheap shuttle buses that wont take longer than 3 hours and 45 minutes?

Thanks

• Access to Maroon Bells during shutdown

by itstima Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

My girlfriend and I will be in Aspen later this week for 2-3 days. We hope to see the Maroon Bells and the Maroon Bells Lake. Bit confused on what we do and do not have access to within the park/roads due to the shutdown. Would really appreciate help from a local or someone having been there recently.

Also, as the White River National Forest is shut, could you suggest places we can tent camp or rent out really low cost cabins?

Thanks.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • winter and weather

by susietaplin Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

How long does the winter season really last in Aspen ? The possible last snowfall......and how many days of sunshine do you typically see there ?

1 Answer Dec 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Iconic photo spot location of the Maroon Bells?

by swdke Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

How do you get to the iconic photo spot location of the Maroon Bells?

3 Answers Mar 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Aspen bars/pubs, brewpubs with best beer and variety?

by swdke Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Looking for bars with the greatest variety or number of tab beers available in Aspen? Are there any recommended brewpubs?

Any landmark bars that are a must to visit?

Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    • Homes of rich & famous

by dspetrina Online Now Sep 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM

What is the price for this tour, and does it run in September?

• cmillerprivate's Profile Photo

aspen july/aug

by cmillerprivate Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 2:15 AM

What's happening in Aspen area in end July/early August??? Will be visiting there for about 10 days... I mean nightlife, etc, etc.

• swdke's Profile Photo

Aspen Mountain, where to park for a day of skiing?

by swdke Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Aspen Mountain, where to park for a day of skiing?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    • Chvaicer's Profile Photo

Ski Instructor who speaks Portuguese

by Chvaicer Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Hi,

I will travel to Snowmass early February 2008 with my daugther (5 years old). She does not speak English (we are Brazilians) and I need a Ski Instructor who speaks Portuguese.
      Does anyone have information?

Best Regards,
      Eduardo

2 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 4:29 AM
    • Budget accomodation in winter (skiing)

by ray_fb Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 5:16 PM

We are a group of 3-4 adults, thinking of going skiing in Aspen for 5 days to a
      week in Jan/Feb. We are looking for some budget accommodation ideas/suggestions.
      We will be flying in. Is it cheaper to rent a car and stay a bit further away or stay closer and not rent a car.

Thanks,
      Raymond

5 Answers Feb 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Questions about Aspen

by beatchfre Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Hi guys,

I live in Santa Fe, NM and my parents will be visiting me from Scotland in a few weeks. I'd like to take them on a wee road trip up to Colorado - the places that I'm looking at are Aspen, Telluride, and Ouray. I've been to Denver, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Durango so I'm kinda familiar with the roads... and the amount of deer/elk that I can expect to run in front of me :-)

My old man really wants to go to Aspen - I think he's watched too many movies and expects to bump into Hollywood's A-list. None of us ski! Well, I can ski, but I can't stop. We're not looking for fancy museums or art galleries - just nice pictureseque towns, with some local shops, decent bars with live music, not too expensive*. What would be your order of preference for our trip...

TRIP 1: Drive from Santa Fe->Silverton->Ouray->Telluride->Santa Fe (2 or 3 nights).
      TRIP 2: Drive from Santa Fe to Aspen (2/3 nights).

If TRIP is the preference would you recommend spending both nights in Telluride, both nights in Ouray, or one in each?

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)

Cheers,
      Lee

* by expensive, I mean I don't want to spend more that200 on a hotel room and50 a head for a meal.

1 Answer Oct 17, 2007 at 11:07 AM
    • Highland bowl - how good do you have to be?

by mwdoyle Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 4:20 AM

I am an intermediate skieer who regularly does black runs and the very occasional double black. I want to do the highland bowl (I think I'll be fine with the hiking aspect as I'm fit and enjoy it) - but just want to know how hard is it? Is it powder / moguls or just steep downhill? what's it comparable to?

Can someone pls describe the run as much as possible?

Matt curious

1 Answer Oct 15, 2007 at 2:10 PM
    • Cheap Trip???

by catch25 Online Now May 11, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Is There a Shuttle or a Cheap bus ride from Denver to Aspen??? Me and my buddies are college students coming up there, because we have a free place to stay and want to hit the Western Slopes!!! Financial issues can only get us to Denver, and we need a ride to Aspen.

1 Answer May 11, 2007 at 8:36 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Question on free shuttle between Snowmass and Aspen Mountain

by swdke Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Can anyone share information regarding the free skier shuttle between Snowmass and Aspen. I think I want to ski Snowmass, but a buddy may want to ski Aspen Mountain in town. I thought maybe he could take the shuttle from Snowmass to town. I know there is a shuttle system, but I guess my main question is where to you pick up the bus from? Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 15, 2007 at 2:21 PM
    • prmass's Profile Photo

2 day stay in Aspen, Co for the summer

by prmass Online Now Nov 7, 2006 at 5:43 PM

I doing the usual 2 week vacation that I take every year. Im doing a trip that is taking me to mt rushmore then to yellowstone and then to Aspen. I know this is a winter town but then again I always wanted to see Aspen in person and this is my only chance. What is there to do in the summer for 2 day stay?

3 Answers Nov 11, 2006 at 4:48 PM
    • new years eve

by louise_patterson Online Now Oct 14, 2006 at 11:55 PM

at the end of this year me and one of my friends are travelling to aspen from australia and will be there for new years eve. we are both only 21 and really want to find something fun to do so if anyone knows anything that would suit us on new years please let me know!! thanks.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2006 at 7:03 PM
    • 2007 Anniversary Trip

by goyanks25 Online Now Aug 25, 2006 at 3:37 PM

My husband & I want to plan a trip to Aspen for our 28th wedding anniversary, which is March 24, 2007. We need suggestions about where to stay, etc., as we have NO IDEA about anything!! We'll be flying from NC. Living in the south & loving cold weather & SNOW, I've always dreamed of going somewhere, sitting in a lodge by a nice, warm fireplace & seeing nothing but snow!! I've searched for places to stay, but would really like advice from someone who knows. We don't ski, but would probably consider tubing. Are all places to stay in the town of Aspen, then you go up the mountain to find the lodge setting I've mentioned above? Thanks for any suggestions!

1 Answer Aug 25, 2006 at 4:00 PM
    • reneemc's Profile Photo

What to do with myself

by reneemc Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Hi everyone, I will be going to Aspen for the 1st time next Thursday March 30th. My husband will be skiing during the day and I do not ski. Any ideas what I could do with myself? I also heard something about a great resale shop... details on that would be great, too.. Thanks so much.. going to be lonely during the day =( Renee

1 Answer Mar 22, 2006 at 11:40 AM
    • europalover's Profile Photo

first time ski resort

by europalover Online Now Jan 19, 2006 at 1:37 PM

hi, i've decided to treat myself to a nice birthday present and go skiing . i will be staying on my own so the nicer the better i figure.

i would like to stay in a nice (four star and up) hotel, i am looking for something about 300 or below (usd) per night. are there any websites you would know of that have good fares?
      also, i would like a hotel close to shopping/ entertainment and walking distance to the lifts.
      i was considering whistler or banff as well. any thoughts?
      thanks!
      dana.

10 Answers Jan 20, 2006 at 7:23 PM
    • flytahiti's Profile Photo

What would be the hypest place on Aspen Co,(with hopes to get in ) for New year's eve ?

by flytahiti Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 12:23 PM

Good Afternoon,

A quick question for all the Aspen regulars, I am assisting one of my clients for New Year's eve 2005.
      No tahitian lagoon for this year but the white slopes of Colorado. The given task is to arrange for a super New Year's eve there in the hypest spot.

Can Anyone help with suggestions?

Thank you in advance
      Jean-louis at flytahiti@yahoo.com

• New Years in Aspen/Snowmass

by ekling211 Online Now Nov 17, 2005 at 1:38 PM

Looking for a restaurant to make a reservation in for New Years Eve. There are 3 adults and 2 teenagers so we're looking for a nice atmosphere with good food. It would be nice to find a place that had some local color (we're from NY so we don't need any super fancy restaurants that we can eat in at home). Any idea?

• Peruviangirlontour's Profile Photo

Looking for a house..............

by Peruviangirlontour Online Now Nov 10, 2005 at 7:36 AM

Hi world, Does anybody know someone that is gonna work in Aspen for the Winter Season,? If so, just contact me pleaseEE
      Silvana
      silfi23@yahoo.com

• Sky places in aspen

by puio Online Now Nov 2, 2005 at 2:40 PM

hi, I will be in keystone near aspen and Im looking for hostels around the area, but things are bit expensive, does anyone have good sugestion wich sky areas are good and not so expensive and hostel areas recomeded. also how is the transportation there is it easy to find busses and so... thanks

2 Answers Nov 10, 2005 at 7:39 AM
    • nadiag's Profile Photo

2 days trip to Aspen

by nadiag Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Hi,

We will be in Aspen in the third week of Oct. Can anyone please give me ideas how to make me the best of my 2 days vacation to Aspen? We will be travelling with a two year old boy. Where to stay, what places not to be missed and which resto to dine?

Thanks

• What to do in May?

by SamSong Online Now May 6, 2005 at 1:25 PM

Hi,

I am travelling with few friends to Aspen spring 2005. I've googled around and it seems it is difficult to find out how lively the season is then... It seems there's no snow left.

We don't want to see historical sites nor museums. Something cool during the day and then a great party in the evening...is the kind of thing we are looking for. Any hints?

Thanks... Found about the taxi with web cam... cool!

Sam

1 Answer May 31, 2005 at 10:18 AM
    • Sugession needed for Aspen Fall Visit Oct04

by AurobindoSaha Online Now Sep 21, 2004 at 3:47 PM

Hi This will be my first visit to ASPEN. I will reach there in Saturday at around 12 pm and leave next day at 2 pm. I am planning to stay in Snowmass Village. Can anyone suggest how can I make most from the trip. I am going there to see the fall color and the beautiful lake and mountains. But not for snow or ski. Please suggest the places that I should do to in this 1 day time. I will have a car of my own. I will be coming from Denver Metro. Hope that's a four hour drive in Nissan Altima? How will the season during 2nd and 3rd october. Can I catch the fall color then? If you please mention pointwise the places I should plan one after another that will help me a lot. I like photography. So nice scenic spots is what I am looking for. Not much hiking as I will have my family with me. Please suggest the best suited plan. Thanks AS

2 Answers Sep 27, 2004 at 1:45 PM
    • goingsolo's Profile Photo

hiking in Aspen

by goingsolo Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 10:07 AM

I will be in Aspen in late May, 2003 and I'm planning a half day hike to either Cathedral Lake or American Lake. Has anyone been on either of these hikes and, if so, can you give me your thoughts? Thanks so much. Also, I was told that its a 4 hour drive from Aspen to Crested Butte. Is this true?

2 Answers Feb 5, 2004 at 6:20 PM