Aspen Travel Answers

change location
reneemc's Profile Photo

What to do with myself

by reneemc Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Hi everyone, I will be going to Aspen for the 1st time next Thursday March 30th. My husband will be skiing during the day and I do not ski. Any ideas what I could do with myself? I also heard something about a great resale shop... details on that would be great, too.. Thanks so much.. going to be lonely during the day =( Renee

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Shaken_Bake's Profile Photo

RE: What to do with myself

by Shaken_Bake Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Aww, sweetie, life is rough if you've got time on your hands in beautiful Aspen! LOL

I can't imagine you wouldn't like Aspen - it's in such a beautiful location and the town is small, but vibrant. Shopping would be #1 on my list, mostly window shopping, but it's fun to hobnob with the celebs and wannabes! The consignment shop I think you're looking for is called Susie's Ltd. at 623 E Hopkins Ave. They apparently have tons of designer duds at a fraction of the retail price. Here is a great article from Sunset Magazine regarding what to see and do in town: sunset.com/sunset/Premium/Tr...

Another great Aspen pastime is to hang out in a bar at one of the ritzy hotels like the Jerome or the St. Regis and check out the scene. If you're more adventurous, rent snowshoes and ask where you can find a nice place to take a walk on a nearby trail.

So just enjoy the incredible surroundings and get out there and have a good time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines