Asolo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

Venice Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

"Venice to ban wheeled suitcases"

Venice Nov 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM

(Not my merit, VTer @Tuzik, Olga, found it and posted this on FB:
      edition.cnn.com/2014/11/21/t...
      Quoted from this article written Nov 21, 2014 by Barry Neild, CNN:

• City officials have become so tired with the cacophony of rumbling luggage they're introducing fines of up to 500 euros ($620) for anyone caught using one.

The move, due to come into effect in May 2015, is likely to create a headache for many of 22 million who annually visit the city and need to cart bags to hotels in car-free streets.*

• The new rules, which will require luggage to be transported on quieter air-filled tires, are the idea of City Commissioner Victor Zapparlorto, according to the Il Messaggero newspaper."

more