Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aortser's Profile Photo

Getting to Asmara from Djibouti, looking for advice on visa and flights

by aortser Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hi,

I would like to get to Asmara from Djibouti. I wonder whether it would be more convenient to reach Asmara from Nairobi or from Sanaa.

I also would appreciate if you could let me know what should I do in order to get a tourist visa (I am based in Djibouti now).

Any other recommendation about the country would be more than welcome.

Many thanks,

2 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    • Internet availability in Asmara?

by JohnandElla Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Hi everyone,
      We may be coming to live and work in Asmara for the next 3-4 years. Can anybody tell us what are internet connections availability and speeds like? We will be living in a rented house in the city and would really like to be able to use Skype to keep in touch with family and friends. Any other hints and advice will be welcome also!
      Thanks John and Ella

2 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    • I need some infos

by ldelmestre Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Hi to all!

I'm from Italy, and my wife can go to asmara to work as teacher in an italian school for some years (at least 4 we think...). She must confirm or deny in a week.

I have same questions:

- Is a quite place?
      - What about hospitals?
      - There are some problems with food or water o something like?
      - Can I found a work for me? I'm a 42 years old computer programmer with about 24 years experience. However, every work is ok for me...

We think to accept, because we think this can be a fantastic experience, but some words from someone who knows the city, the people and the life in asmara is very needed...

Thanks in advice
      Del Mestre Luca

3 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    • Eritrea Institute of Technology

by samdg Online Now Dec 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hey friends !!

I am from India, and may be going to Eritrea as a lecturer in the Eritrea Institute of Technology early next year. Since its an absolutely new place for me, I wonder how it would be for an outsider to settle there. It would also be of great help if somebody can throw some light on the cost of living over there.

Thanks.
      Samik.

5 Answers Jan 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    • Long Stay - Cost of apartments?

by michaelangelo72 Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Hi, I'm possibly looking to visit Asmara & Eritrea for a few months, thefore looking at renting an apartment with internet connection. Can someone advise me of the approximate cost for such an idea permonth?

Thank you.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2008 at 4:54 AM
    • Pls help in taking right decision

by ashishrohilla Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 3:34 PM

Hi

I have got a job in Asmara for 1 year, should i go to asmara for doing a job, i currently reside in delhi, India.
      Is it safe place to reside, as there is a war condition right now. How much would it cost monthly for food and residence ?
      Are residence complexes clean there ? What kind of vegetarian food i can get there ?

Regards
      Ashish

2 Answers Jul 22, 2007 at 1:32 PM
    • Borders

by kajetan Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 7:24 PM

Hi,
      I'm going to visit Eritrea in summer. I have a few questions, please help.
      1) Is it true that only overland route is via Ethiopia and Djibouti?
      2) Is it safe and wise travelling by land from Djibouti border (~Assab)
      to Asmara?
      3) Are there any ferry from Massawa to Jeddah (SA) or somewhere in Yemen (Aden)?
      In general, I will start in Egypt and I want to visit Sudan and Eritrea (it's a must) and then go back via Saudi Arabia/Syria/Turkey to Europe. Visiting Ethiopia and Djibouti would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2005 at 11:12 PM
    • Traveller_GT's Profile Photo

Eritrea - Asmara arrival

by Traveller_GT Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Does anyone know the Ambassador hotel on Harnet Ave in Asmara? Specific quesitons I have are: How is the hotel? How far is the Ambassador from the airport? How much should a taxi cost to the hotel? How does one change money upon arrival into Asmara? Is there a change place at the airport? Thanks in advance!!!!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2005 at 5:30 AM
    • Average accommodation in Asmara

by bberhe Online Now Nov 14, 2003 at 7:09 PM

Can anyone recommend a cheap but clean hotel in Asmara? I've heard the Bristol Hotel is ok, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be grateful. By cheap I mean between5-$10. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2004 at 11:32 PM