Ashton under Lyne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Heathrow airport luggage storeage

London 57 minutes ago

Does anyone know if you can store suitcases at the Heathrow airport in London? We have a train ride after our landing in London and want to leave our luggage for a subsequent cruise for a few days at the airport in a secure facility? Is there such a place that someone has experience with?

more
    • The best hotels for young people in Bristol?

Bristol Jan 22, 2015 at 4:47 AM

I'm visiting Bristol this February to see the University. I don't have much money, and need somewhere close to the uni! Any ideas?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Belfast & around - 2 days itinerary

Northern Ireland Jan 13, 2015 at 7:57 AM

I was thinking of visiting belfast and around for two days travelling from London to get some Irish experience. Please suggest me itinerary so that I can make the 2 days of my trip worthy. I originally planned for Dublin but dropped due to elaborate visa formalities. I can rent a car if needed. Definitely want to goto Giant's causeway - but want to know if February month will be right to travel there. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids (aged 9 & 5).

more
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

Cornwall to Orkneys

United Kingdom Jan 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Hi. Further to my question of best way to get from Heathrow to Cornwall (and thank you to all who replied) I would now like your advice on the 2nd part of our trip. After walking part of South west coast path from Penzance to Falmouth we would like to travel to the Orkney and Shetland Islands. What would be the best way to get there. I see flights from London are quite expensive. £880 one way. Maybe train to Aberdeen and get ferry? Or car to top of Scotland?
      Any advice gratefully received.
      Thanks
      Jenni.

more
    • Stromness or Kirkwall for music

Orkney Yesterday

Would it be best to stay in Stromness or Kirkwall if we want to enjoy traditional music? We have a car but would like to be able to walk to pubs or other places to enjoy music.

more
    • activities for children, recreation and educational

Barking Town Jan 10, 2015 at 10:17 PM

what activities are there for children ?

more
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

Cornwall to Orkneys

United Kingdom Jan 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Hi. Further to my question of best way to get from Heathrow to Cornwall (and thank you to all who replied) I would now like your advice on the 2nd part of our trip. After walking part of South west coast path from Penzance to Falmouth we would like to travel to the Orkney and Shetland Islands. What would be the best way to get there. I see flights from London are quite expensive. £880 one way. Maybe train to Aberdeen and get ferry? Or car to top of Scotland?
      Any advice gratefully received.
      Thanks
      Jenni.

more
    • Camping/caravanning in the Highlands

Scotland Jan 4, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Will we need to book a place for the smallest of caravans in August - we need electricity but that's about all. Sort of planning Fort William and then eventually up to Ullapool and down via Pitterweem -

All itineraries very much welcomed Going up via Aberfoyle Kyle of Locash etc then down via Glamis etc

Many thanks

more
    • from st pncras s tation

London 14 hours ago

hi how can I reach from st pancrass station camberwell by public transport
      thanks
      urgent my son is his way by eurotar

more
    • planxty's Profile Photo

London travel advisory - Bus strikes.

London Yesterday

I realise this is not a question and I have posted the information in the relevant London transportation page but I post it here additionally in the hope it may save travellers inconvenience as people may not see it elsewhere.

Following a number of strikes already this month the Unite union have decided yet again to seriously disrupt public transport in London with a series of three strikes affecting the buses. They are planned for 5th, 13th and 16th February from 0001 hours to 2359 hours on each occasion. This will obviously have a knock-on effect on night buses both prior to and after the strikes.

Travellers are advised to check and replan their journey if necessary. Details of how to do this can be found on the Government website

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

As always, I shall update this if the situation changes.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

more
    • CoolTartan's Profile Photo

Travel insurance for kitesurfing

United Kingdom Jan 20, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Hi All

I am about to go off to learn kitesurfing in South Africa for month and am looking for travel insurance to cover this. Whilst I can find a lot it is difficult to get any that have good claims reviews, preferable should any mishaps occur.

If anyone can recommend a good UK travel insurer it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Lynn

more
    • Athenaeum Street on Plymouth Hoe.... Please help with history

Plymouth Jan 4, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Hi, I am researching my property on the Plymouth Hoe but having a bit of trouble:( It was built in 1749 and stands as the first and largest house on Athenaeum Street. It was mentioned to of been built originally for a nobleman connected to St Andrews church and later rumored to of been used as the American Consulate during WW11, following that to be owed by Danny La Roue. These references where given to us by a man researching the area staying at the hotel across the road but he was just vacating so only spoke for a few mins. We also had a note left in the house from the previous owners when we purchased the property in 2009. The exterior of property was remodeled by Foulston during the development of Athenaeum Street in the 1800's and later the house was separated into 2 parts in 1903 (of which I purchased the main). The problem that I am having is that as the property is so old, I can not find out what the house was originally named or what the address would of been before Athenaeum Street was developed around it. I have found it may of been built on the site of ' Kingsdon Sq' from one old map also that it was not eligible to pay taxes from another map. I don't know the original owners details and can not find any pictures of any form dating back that far. I have been trying to collate the History with our son as a project for some time but the National Archives allude us. The property has been Grade II Listed and we think it's history really should be unearthed. We have also checked the census from 1851 and found the Baddeley family here who married in with the female Edgecumbes which to this day we still finde the Baddeley's and Edgecumbes very closely connected around the world. They also had alot of dealings in India. Please can anyone help at we have hit a wall ?

With kindest regards :) 30 Athenaeum Street PL1 2RQ

more
    • UK Transit visa

Heathrow Dec 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM

If I have a UK Transit visa and my layover is around 30 hours at Heathrow. Can i go outside Airport and meet my friends?

more
    • Layover at LHR

Heathrow Dec 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I will be arriving at Heathrow from Mexico City at 16:15 on Apr. 27 (T4), I need to catch a flight the following day to Istanbul (departing from T2) and I have two options: 6:55 or 11:55, I'd rather prefer to take the first one, to gain time before arriving to Turkey, my point is that I was planning to sleep at Yotel in T4 and then move the next day to T2 in the early morning, at what time does the Heathrow Express starts working? (or can I walk between these two terminals?), because I need to be at Turkish Airlines counter at 5:00 the latest, could someone help me please?, I could find any schedule online...

more
    • moving to upwell/outwell Nofolk uk

Upwell Jan 20, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Hi, myself and family (wife and 7yr old Daughter) are thinking of moving from a small Essex town to Norfolk and have seen several houses in upwell/outwell and we are coming to view some shortly. What is life like in the village ? Are the local people friendly especially to newcomers ? is the road running through the village very busy ? also are there nice quiet country walks close by ? thank you for taking the time to reply its very much appreciated. Regards Harry

more
    • TRAVEL TO BIBURY

Bibury Jan 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM

CAN I TRAVEL TO BIBURY FROM LONDON BY TRAIN?

more
    • Getting from the central bus station to terminal 4

Heathrow Jan 12, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Hi everyone, i am looking for an idiot proof guide for getting from the central bus station to terminal 4, bearing in mind i have never used the tube before etc, cheers in advance for all the help :)

more
    • Unitel Direct- Planning for holidays in UK

United Kingdom Jan 23, 2015 at 2:56 AM

I am George Carter.I am working in Unitel Direct.I am planning to go for holidays in UK and Can anyone suggest me which place is best for holidays in United Kingdom?

more
    • Oyster or travelcard?

London Jan 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Usually I've been using oyster, but this time I'll be there Wednesday-Friday and Sunday-Tuesday because I'll be spending the weekend in Oxford. Is it more sensible to buy money for oyster or a seven day travelcard? I'll be in zones 1 and 2 and I'll probably travel about 3-5 times per day.

more
    • Hesselz's Profile Photo

In Birmingham for 1-2 days

Birmingham Jan 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM

I am in Birmingham for almost 2 days. I am an adult male and would love to get ideas of the best things to see in that short time? I prefer not going to regular museums, churches etc. Thought maybe different sights, views, nature etc. I definitely would go to Bournville to Cadbury World. Can anyone give me suggestions of what cannot be missed when in around Birmingham area?
      Thank you,
      Hessel

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Harry Potter Studio tour - Query

London Jan 14, 2015 at 2:24 AM

I am interested in going to Harry Potter studio tour and found the official website listing price for family (2adults and 2 kids) is less than private tour operators. However, the only timeavailable from the official website is after 6pm - I wanted to know whether studio is worth a visit in the night and will I miss any outdoor settings. I youtubed some videos and found the place shown in dim light and with creepy sounds - which made me think that my younger daughter aged 5 who has some development delays may find it a problem. Anyone has views/advises on my two questions? My elder daughter who has read those 500 & 800 pages books was very excited to goto this place.

more
    • transport to hotel

London Jan 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM

I am arriving Heathrow terminal 4 on the 6th Febuary at 19 25 and Iam booked at ibis london heathrow airport hotel fr the night. Can anyone please tell me how to get there.,
      Thanks Carmen

more
    • Watch Manutd match (vs Liverpool) and Old Trafford tour

Manchester Dec 30, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Hi, me & my wife are Manutd fans from Singapore. We planning visit UK nxt March 2015 and Manchester is a must stop for us. We travelling between 19th - 26th March and I realised that its Liverpool vs Manutd (21-03-15) at Anfield.
      (1) Where can I buy the match day tickets ? The official website needs to ballot and i'm scared that we won't get the tickets there. I have read some forum recommending to buy it online but some say to be careful of scam.
      (2) Any budget hotel or inn which is nearby Old Trafford. We arriving on Thurs (19th) so thought of going Old Trafford tour nxt day (Fri - 20th) followed by watching matchday football nxt day (Sat -21st)
      (3) Since its away matches at Anfield, how long the journey from Manchester to Anfield and what mode of public transport should i take.
      (4) Is it safe for us tourist to travel away to Anfield .. haha
      Hope to get some helpful tips here.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • British Airport Transfers?

United Kingdom Jan 13, 2015 at 4:30 AM

I wish to get the details about British Airport transfers services. I may be arriving at London city airport, from there how can I reach London city and other tourist destinations?

more
    • Xemx's Profile Photo

Accommodation close to the Royal Marsden Hospital

London Jan 22, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hello, does anyone know of any clean and not too expensive accommodation close to the Royal Marsden Hospital? I would need it for 2 to 3 months. If it's pet friendly that's even better. Thanks.

more