Travel Answers
Ashford

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rainier14's Profile Photo

Alternate hikes near Ashford since Rainier is closed.

by Rainier14 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I just now joined and haven't had a chance to look around the site yet but my question before I was directed to join was this: I had planned to do some hiking this weekend at Rainier, however, since the park is closed, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where I might be able to do some light to moderate hiking near Ashford since that is where I am staying. I have heard about some trails around the area for Mt Tahoma. Keep in mind I will be hiking solo and have very little knowledge of the surrounding area (excluding Mt Rainier which I hike as many days of the month as possible). I have done a preliminary search online and found the MTTA but was hoping to get some more personalized information (such as- the hardest trail to get lost on or -the best trail for someone with bilateral knee injuries). Can anyone give me directions and advise/tips for Mt Tahoma or anything near Ashford that will provide me with a mild to moderate workout for about 4hrs? I would very much appreciate it-and explain it to me like I'm 7 y/o, I'd rather have too much information than not enough. Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM