Asheville Travel Answers

change location

If I can only have one breakfast in Asheville....

by tarheelblue Online Now Jan 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

where should it be. I have never been to AsheVegas. Looking forward to it, even though its only 36 hours. Staying downtown, so have a preference to eat there, but West Asheville on the way out is not out of the question.

For downtown joints EarlyGirl and TupeloHoney get all the press and I suppose rightly so. Also heard about a place "Overeasy" too?

Many say head straight for SunnyPoint in west asheville. So I am flummoxed.

Normally I try to steer clear of places that are primarily frequented by tourists as I would guess EG and TH are...but maybe thats not a fair guess. And if somethings good.....its good.

Anyone familiar that can compare and contrast? Would be a Tuesday AM by the way.

cheers

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: If I can only have one breakfast in Asheville....

by bocmaxima Online Now Jan 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I've only been to Sunny Point for breakfast. Crazy packed. The menu was somewhat interesting, but I don't know that it was up to the hype. Visited Early Girl for dinner a couple of years ago. I wasn't too impressed but, again, the menu was interesting. It also seemed expensive.

I don't know that you'll find any of these restaurants are "primarily frequented by tourists." But hauling out to West Asheville would be a pretty good way to get away from the tourists, but not really the crowds.

I think you should ask this on the Asheville Yelp forum if you want some good responses.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: If I can only have one breakfast in Asheville....

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jan 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

In 2005 I spent two nights at the old Grove Park Inn in Asheville. While it is an old hotel there are some excellent rooms in the new addition. On Sunday morning the Grove Park has an amazing brunch. You sit in a room with a commanding view of the mountains and the food is excellent. I was not rushed to finish my brunch and the assortment of choices was outstanding. There was also unlimited champagne as well. Having brunch in such a classy place as the Grove Park Inn was indeed an experience I will always remember.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines