Asheville Travel Answers

change location
ashamar18's Profile Photo

Asheville, North Carolina in one day!

by ashamar18 Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 10:56 PM

Me and 3 other adults are going to Asheville, NC August 2007.
We are staying in South Carolina Upcountry for a week.
We want to visit Asheville one day out of our stay.
We want to see "Biltmore Estate" on that day but would like to venture out to " Downtown Asheville" for dinner. Any suggestions? No tourist traps pls.
Also since we have just have one day to vist Biltmore- is anybody out there who could tell me how to do it in that amt of time. What shd I really see and not waste my time seeing!
Any and all suggestions will be helpful. I would like to hear from people who live there or who have visited there. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • DAO's Profile Photo

Re: Asheville, North Carolina in one day!

by DAO Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Biltmore itself has a small collections of nice shops and a great Art Gallery/Shop that you can walk to from the car park at the entrance of the Estate.

Dwontown has grown and changed a lot in the last 5-6 years. It is also walkable and you may just want to wander around to find a good restaurant.

The big restaurants (chains) are mostly on Tunnel Rd.

Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Asheville, North Carolina in one day!

by martyweil Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 2:32 PM

The Estate will take the better part of the day. The main house is the thing to see. You'll enjoy it. When you head downtown, there are a number of great places. One place that most tourist enjoy it Tupelo Honey. You can't go wrong there. You'll have a number of great choices. Almost all of the places are worthwhile. They cater to tourists. I know you'll enjoy your time downtown, it's a special place.

Marty
    A Year In Asheville

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines