Asheville Travel Answers

change location

rental cabins

by magnolia4 Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 9:42 AM

I'm planning a family reunion along with graduation celebration the dates of May 18, 19 and 20. We're looking for a large cabin/house/lodge with at least four bedrooms and two full bathrooms, cooking facilities, a porch and some land for walking, clean and comfortable. Anywhere within fifteen minutes of the Asheville area would be fine.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: rental cabins

by rbowenspecialfinds Online Now Apr 8, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Hi,

A really good friend of mine has a log cabin rental property located about 12 miles outside of Asheville. It is a nice place, kind of back in the woods (at least enough for privacy), has a hot tub and I can't remember how many rooms. But it is really nice and there is room to get out and around the cabin--as a matter of fact there is a small pond on the property located near the house.

I just received a phone call from him and those dates are open--there is 6.4 acres of property, however it only has 3 bedrooms but does have two baths.

He is willing to give you an extra night free if you are interested.

His name is John McClung and his email address is mcclung529@charter.net

Hope this helps and maybe you have already found something

Ricky

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: rental cabins

by magnolia4 Online Now May 3, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Thanks for answering. I didn't check this site often enough and have ended up renting a couple of houses from a woman who just bought acreage adjoining Warren Wilson college which is where we'll be attending graduation.
    I'd like to know more about the cabin, though, since my husband and I are planning on moving down to that area and may want to rent it for ourselves at a future time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines