Asheville Travel Answers

change location

The "Packet"

by PhoenixLynn Online Now Oct 26, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I'm considering moving to Asheville. I've never been there before, yet I've heard great things about it. I was born and raised in Florida (where I currently reside) and I lived in Ithaca, NY. Ithaca is a beautiful progressive town, yet coooooooooooooold. I feel Asheville would be a great move and a wonderful place to raise my son (and I hear the weather is mild). I ordered a packet through the Chamber of Commerce and I'm disappointed. It seems the housing there is quite expensive. Maybe they just put the more expensive housing in the packet to draw that type of person to Asheville? It's the suburban neighborhoods like "The Oak" or "The Sanctuary" where they cut down almost all the trees I want to escape from. I strive to live as natural as possible, grow most of my own food including sprouting. Heck, even make biodiesel in my garage! I'm just bummed by ths package. Of course, I'll go visit and get a feel for myself. Is there housing there for under100K for a 3 bd/ 2 bath on 1 acre?? I hear W. Asheville. But what towns? Thanks. =)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: The "Packet"

by rowpatton Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Hi there. I also moved from Fl so we were surprised at the prices for housing. I have my Broker's license in NC - so I went on a did a quick search for you on the MLS. Here's a few properties for you to look through - hope it helps to give you an idea of what's available. The weather is mild in the summer (although there are days when it gets HOT!) and the winters are not too bad. We might get a few snows but they don't tend to sit. Here's the link- wncrmls.com/wnc/maildoc/d004...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines