Asheville Travel Answers

change location

Possible move to Asheville

by bludaizie Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 10:35 AM

I noticed there have already been a few postings about moving to Asheville however, I may be a bit diff then what I saw on here.

A little about me: I have lived in Atlanta for the past 4 yrs before that I roamed around after college living a bit of a gyspy life style. Currently 29 yr old female and thinking of moving to Asheville. I am up in the mtns every weekend b/c I enjoy the outdoors A LOT as well as an avid kayaker in which I have decided why not move up there which seems to be a perfect fit for me. I have visited a few times and spent last weekend up there feeling out the city and have some questions.

I understand that Asheville is a small city but can you tell me how is the city life, the night life as well as people being out and about in the evenings, i'm more of a dinner/drinks type of girl more then clubbing it fyi? I def have a LARGE hippy side to me however, I do also enjoy 'some' main stream stuff as well at times, how welcoming is this community? Does the community tend to be you are either this or you are that, you're a straight hippy or you're a main streamer.. black/white type of thing? I am a person who loves an erray of things and would love to find a place w/similar style hince I have not found that in Atlanta. What can I expect to pay for a 1 bedrm lets say 1000 sq ft apt in downtown, are there even places downtown to live? Also, I have noticed it seems like a good bit of Asheville people are coupled up, is there a single scene there as well or are most people here to settle w/their little families leaving it mostly impossible to meet other singles in my age range? Any thoughts/ideas would be great! Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines