change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

First timer in Virginia

Richmond Feb 2, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Someone just told me how wonderful Richmond is, and that so intrigued me that I made reservations for my husband and I to visit Virginia for a week. We're flying into Richmond, and will rent a car and drive around to the various historical sites. We're from Chicago, so know how to handle ourselves in a city with "iffy" neighborhoods, so that part doesn't bother us.

My question (after all of that) is how much time should we give Richmond? One, two or three days? We also will go to Williamsburg, maybe Fredericksburg and Alexandria. In Richmond, any suggestions as to where to stay? We'll have a car, so of course won't want to pay an arm and a leg for parking.

Any suggestions you native Virginians can give us will be appreciated. I can go to the Virginia tourism site, of course, but those sites always make everything look so good even when it's not.

more
    • Suggestions for trips from Ashburn

by jmariuse Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Hello.
      I'll be on a businesstrip to Ashburn May 6.-May 12. I'll have a Hotel room in Ashburn and a car. I will do a little bit of working, but most of the time, I'll be on my own with no plans.

Any suggestions?
      - Go to Washington DC and be a tourist?
      - See how many states I can manage to visit in 5 days? by car? by greyhound?
      - Experience Ashburn life?

20 Answers May 17, 2008 at 4:44 AM
    • What to do?

by alphonsodailey Online Now May 27, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Hi i'm going to be relocating in a few months, and working at Dulles Airport. Whats are the best places to live for a single guy in his thirtys. I don't know much about Virginia but i Know a little about DC. And whats the diversity ratio or is that a dumb question?

• Whats up with Ashburn?

by alphonsodailey Online Now May 27, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Hey Virginians i'll be relocating to Dulles area in a few months. And i wanted to know what's the flow of Ashburn and Places like Sterling.

1 Answer May 28, 2006 at 1:42 PM
    • skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

What do you do for fun in Ashburn

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 7:08 AM

do you go into DC, do you hang out at home, do you hang out in Ashburn with friends, what do you do?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2006 at 8:23 PM