Ash Shawbak

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 places to visit in Amman

Amman Jun 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I am near the Regency Palace hotel and I'd like to visit at least three places in the city today. It is 10:30 AM.
      Which places would you recommend?
      What would be the sequence of the visits in order to waste the least time in transit via public transport?

more
    • Driving from Eilat to Aqaba

Aqaba Jun 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi everyone,

We are traveling to Israel this summer and spending a few nights in Aqaba to head to Petra, etc. We will have a car in Israel - is it feasible to drive across the border in our rental car, or do we need to take a taxi/bus from each side?

Thank you!

more
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Petra to Wadi Rum

Petra Jul 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Hi all,

I would like to ask the following questions

1) does it have 6:30am morning bus to Wadi Rum every morning?
      2) can i join the jeep tour (1 day n 1 overnight in Wadi Rum) in Petra?
      3) any recommedations for jeep tour in Wadi Rum?

Thanks in advance

Edith

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

How much for a guide for petra

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your helpful answers so far on my possible trip to petra (my husband and I just decided today to investigate it as a possible New Years week trip, as it ends up being overall cheaper to go to petra than much closer punta Cana, dr! Plus we aren't resort people.....)--anyway, we would have two full days there and was trying to figure out the cost of a guide for the day-- I see it's recommended to get one at the visitor center, I cannot seem to find a price-- I thought I saw it was roughly $70 usd for about 3 hours? Does anyone know how much the visitor center guides charge?

more

Transport from petra back to Amman on New Year's Day?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Just wondering. Thoughts on whether it's advisable to leave petra early morning, to drive back to Amman for an 11:05 am flight, on New Year's Day?? I have read if it's snowing, roads could be blocked.

more

Petra at night?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Is petra at night also done during winter? I am guessing so, I looked at the official website and it didn't specifically say, besides the time the entrance closes in the winter.

more
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Jordan and Israel

Jordan Jul 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM

My wife and I want to go to Masada in Israel and Petra in Jordan. Has anyone gone to both places in one trip. If so, how did you travel between both countries, is it a problem or not? What type of transportation would you travel with between the two countries, bus, taxi, airplane etc? Which country would you start in ?

Please fill me in with all and any info you may have. Thanking you in advance, Gerry The Dutchman

more