Arusha Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a gym

Mwanza 1 hours ago

Hi could anybody direct me to any gyms in Mwanza? I would like to know roughly how much they charge and if they do classes?

Thanks

more
    • monica88's Profile Photo

Expats in Mwanza

Mwanza Mar 31, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Hi!
      Im a new expat living in Mwanza and would be living here for the next few months. I would like to meet other nice expats to explore the city and possibly travel. If you're interested, feel free to inbox me.

more
    • Hotels in Dar ess Salaam

Dar es Salaam Apr 15, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Which ones are the good hotels in Dar es Salaam?

more
    • Florence124's Profile Photo

Kenya Tanzania Safaris

Tanzania 12 hours ago

I want to go for a safaris tour this december so I am looking for a travel agencies which are providing good tour package for safaris tour in kenya and tanzania.If you have any good suggestion please suggest me.My budget is 1000$.

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day trip from Arusha to Lake Manyara / Tarangire National Parks

Arusha Apr 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Does anyone know if it is practical to make a 1-day return trip from Arusha to the Lake Manyara / Tarangire area? I guess it takes at least 2 hours driving each way, but that still seems to leave late morning and all afternoon to see the wildlife.

I am thinking of late June, so is it better to concentrate on Lake Manyara or Tarangire at this time of year?

If it is a practical option, does it need to be organized a long time in advance or can we organize it the day before, with a reliable operator of course?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Travel from Mwanza to Musoma

Mwanza Mar 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM

What is the best way to travel from Mwanza to Musoma in Tanzania? I have read that there are buses available in the mornings, but if these aren't available, is it there some sort of private transport which I can hire at a reasonable price?

Also, does anyone know a good hotel in Musoma with an email address so that I can contact them to book a room?

more
    • One day safari in Arusha

Arusha Region Jan 14, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I have one day to myself in Arusha... what's the best way to arrange a visit to one of the national parks?

4 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

Arusha Region Oct 21, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Hi,
      we will be arriving at Killimanjaro airport late evening and then need transportation to Arusha. Can anybody give us a hint how much should we pay for a taxi? Is there any other connection to the city?
      Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jan 20, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    • How to reach Arusha from Chicago ?

Arusha Region Sep 26, 2006 at 1:06 PM

I'm finding there is no easy way to do this without cutting off an arm and a leg to pay for it.....

any suggestions? fly into NBO, then take....which airline? how do find a schedule of who flies into JRO from NBO??

8 Answers Nov 21, 2007 at 4:37 AM
    • TravelBound's Profile Photo

Arusha Hotels

Arusha Region Aug 19, 2006 at 10:36 AM

My safari trip starts and ends in Arusha, and I need a "nice" hotel to stay at for one night. I will be flying in and out through the Kilimanjaro Int'l Airport. Has anyone stayed at the following hotels?

Arusha Crown Hotel
      Impala Hotel
      The Arusha Hotel
      KIA Lodge
      Safari Hotel

I am pretty much looking for a clean, somewhat upscale hotel with
      restaurant(s). And lastly, are there available shuttles? If so, do you reserve it before your arrival? Thanks!

7 Answers Aug 30, 2006 at 1:18 AM
    • Ruchei's Profile Photo

Prices on safaris - plan ahead or book when we are in Arusha?

Arusha Region May 18, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Hello everyone!

My friend and I are doing a trip to Tanzania in September 2006. We will climb Kili, but then would like to do a short safari and a trip to Zanzibar. We were about to book a safari with Tropical Trails or Sunny Safaris (both sound like great companies), but then I read on some posts that people can get much better deals on safaris if they book in Arusha...Right now we are looking at ~$550 per person for a 3 day/2 night safari to Serengeti and Ngorongoro, but I saw prices as low as300 for a 4 day safari because people bargained once in Arusha.

What is your advice - should we plan ahead and book now or would be it be easy and cheaper to do so once in Arusha?

Many thanks!
      Alla

7 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    • riproy's Profile Photo

ATMs in Arusha?

Arusha Region May 1, 2006 at 6:28 AM

My wife is going to be based in Arusha for a 2 months and are wondering if there are ATMs there. When we travel we try to make use of ATMs so that we do not have to carry much cash, so if there are ATMs, we can manage with less travelers cheques. If anyone could let us know, we would really appreciate it. Also, what are the associated service charges with ATM withdrawls?
      Many thanks,
      k

5 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 10:24 AM
    • broeselhai's Profile Photo

How to reach Arusha from Europe ... CHEAP !

Arusha Region Jan 31, 2006 at 5:02 AM

Hallo friends,

I would like to know if someone has a special "hint" for how to reach Arusha by plane.
      I would start my trip from Vienna Austria (VIE) but am willing to change planes three to four times, if there is a price-advantage if I do so.
      Does anybody know a special way to reach Arusha ?
      (For example, fly to Ethiopia, take a bus and cross the boarder to XXX and take a loacal plane from there to YYY, take a ferry from there to Zanzibar and fly from there to Arusha; ... something like that; ... if it´s less complicate, it´s fine with me too :) )

Thanx a lot for your help,
      Markus

5 Answers Feb 16, 2006 at 12:58 AM
    • broeselhai's Profile Photo

wheather in june ? ... suggested for a visit ?

Arusha Region Jan 31, 2006 at 5:00 AM

Hallo friende,

me and my girlfriend intend to travel to the Arusha reagion in JUNE 2006.
      My, first of many to come, question is, would you suggest this month, because of the weather or is there a reason NOT to go to Tanzania & Arusha in JUNE ?

Thanx a lot in advance,
      Markus

• Travel to Arusha from Kili airport

Arusha Region Jan 9, 2006 at 9:21 AM

Hello. Can anyone suggest economical travel from Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha? Are taxis easily available, or is hiring a driver on site possible?

Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 24, 2006 at 9:15 AM
    • Tanzanite

Arusha Region Aug 8, 2005 at 7:09 AM

My friend and I are travelling to Arusha and would like to purchase tanzanite. Can anyone recommend a reputable tanzanite dealer with good prices?

• Tanzanite

Arusha Region Aug 7, 2005 at 7:25 PM

My friend and I are travelling to Arusha and would like to purchase tanzanite. Can anyone recommend a reputable tanzanite dealer with good prices?

• JensRi's Profile Photo

Direct bus from Arusha/Moshi to Mombasa

Arusha Region Jul 24, 2005 at 1:49 PM

Hi,

until now, I haven't been able to find a bus company which has direct connections between Arusha or Moshi and Mombasa. Seems like every international route has to go through either Dar or Nairobi - which would be a huge detour looking at the fairly short distance between Arusha and Mombasa. Does anyone have advice about this? From our Kilimanjaro climb tour operator, we have got the offer to get private transfer for 375 USD (total one-way for five of us) but it seems to me that it shouldn't be necessary to spend that much money.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2005 at 9:19 PM
    • What to do in town of Arusha?

Arusha Region Jun 28, 2005 at 9:17 PM

We are arriving in Arusha one day early before our safari. What is there to see and do in the city of Arusha? Or should we not come a day early if nothing to do there. Thanks for any help.

5 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    • MalcolmS's Profile Photo

Enort / Enorti ?

Arusha Region Jun 19, 2005 at 1:38 PM

My son is going to a place called Enorti (not sure if that's the correct spelling though) in the Arusha region of Tanzania next year. I have been unable to find it on any maps despite an extensive 'google'. Can anyone help? Have I the right spelling?

Malcolm

1 Answer Dec 11, 2006 at 7:00 PM
    • traveler/volunteer seeks advice on traveling in Tanzania

Arusha Region Oct 28, 2004 at 4:11 PM

I will be volunteering in Tanzania starting Jan 3 and was wondering if a particular area has the most need in terms of village life, education, and orphanage care. Are there any particular organizations that would provide the best travel experience in Tanzania?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2004 at 4:18 AM
    • NO Takers on the region forum?

Arusha Region Apr 23, 2003 at 10:46 AM

There must be some unmissable gem places within reach of Arusha. For those about to go there, with a day or two to spare, what is nearby that we can go and see? IMO, places are few and far between in Northern Tanzania, but maybe some of you have been there already, and know of brilliant sights or experiences within a few hours of Arusha?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2003 at 11:04 AM