change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day trip from Arusha to Lake Manyara / Tarangire National Parks

by fasterdog Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Does anyone know if it is practical to make a 1-day return trip from Arusha to the Lake Manyara / Tarangire area? I guess it takes at least 2 hours driving each way, but that still seems to leave late morning and all afternoon to see the wildlife.

I am thinking of late June, so is it better to concentrate on Lake Manyara or Tarangire at this time of year?

If it is a practical option, does it need to be organized a long time in advance or can we organize it the day before, with a reliable operator of course?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day trip from Arusha to Lake Manyara / Tarangire National Parks

by fasterdog Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Does anyone know if it is practical to make a 1-day return trip from Arusha to the Lake Manyara / Tarangire area? I guess it takes at least 2 hours driving each way, but that still seems to leave late morning and all afternoon to see the wildlife.

I am thinking of late June, so is it better to concentrate on Lake Manyara or Tarangire at this time of year?

If it is a practical option, does it need to be organized a long time in advance or can we organize it the day before, with a reliable operator of course?

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • Best areas to rent house

by Pullover77 Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi,
      i´m moving to Arusha with my family in november and I hope that someone can give me some advice about which areas that is best suitable for a family. Grateful if you can recommend som rental agent.

regards Pål

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    • Anybody wanting to travel Kigali-Arusha or Arusha-Kigali?

by italianmarmite Online Now Jun 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

My sister and I are taking a car with a driver from Kigali to Arusha on the 3rd/4th July after deciding that flying is too expensive and that buses look way too complicated.

We have spare seats in the car on the way to Arusha and the car will be coming back empty, so if you want to join us or join the driver on the way back, get in touch - the cost will be somewhere between135 and75 depending how many people we get to share.

Emily

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM
    • ronaldm44's Profile Photo

Visa

by ronaldm44 Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Is it easy to get a visa at the airport? The cost?? ( cash/ credit)
      Thank's
      Ronald

8 Answers Nov 25, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    • AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE

by GAZNSYB Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Does anyone know if they have a shuttle service from the Airport into the town and visa versa? Any idea of cost? Is taxi the only other option?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    • paugus's Profile Photo

Arusha to Victoria Falls

by paugus Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Does anyone have a tip on the cheapest/fastest way to get from Arusha to Livingstone? Does it make more sense to take the bus to Nairobi or Dar and fly from there? Right now we're considering flying from Arusha to JoBurg to Livingstone...but it's expensive and a hassle. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

2 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    • Who wants to join Safari/ Mount Meru climb in September 2011

by KarinandSven Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Hello,

We are a young, fun couple from the Netherlands and are planning a trip to Tanzania in September 2011. We would like to save some money and are looking for some nice travel companions for the following:
      - 3 days Mount Meru trekking starting on September 11th.
      - Marangu or Machame route Kilimanjaro trekking Starting around September 15
      - 5 days Camping Safari Northern Circuit Starting around September 22nd. Our suggestion is Sunny Safaris or Duma explorer. We are also open minded for other recommended safari companies or for a safari of 6 days.

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to join us on any of these trips.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Karin and Sven

3 Answers Feb 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    • onicepaul's Profile Photo

Ngurundoto Hotel

by onicepaul Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM

has anybody stayed in Ngurundoto (not sure about the correct spelling...)? wanna know about a double rate for two nights and what i can do to enjoy the nature nearby...

appreciated in advance of a kind advice.

thank you.

4 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    • 4 Day Safari to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Lake Manyara

by Jule83 Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 7:05 AM

We (couple, 27 and 31, ger and mex) are planning to do a safari trip (4days, 3nights) from Arusha (or Moshi) to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara from August 26 - 29. To save costs we are looking for 2-3 people to share the car with.

We are planning to do the safari with "African Scenic Safaris" and all information can be found on their website: africanscenicsafaris.com/saf...

PM me if you're interested. You can also contact African Scenic Safaris directly if you would like to join.

Costs:
      On the basis of 5 people the trip would cost 600UDS pp, if we were only 4 it would be 660USD pp. This includes pretty much everything you'll need during those days (camping, meals, transport and game drives).

2 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    • Possible 3 or 4 day Northern Circuit, looking for a few extra people

by tanzaniatraveller Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 7:07 AM

My sister and I are working on planning a Northern Circuit Safari tour from the 28th of August to roughly the 2nd of September. We would like to rent a vehicle to reduce costs, and would like to share that vehicle and the experience with other people while reducing our footprint and defraying costs. We don't have the details hammered out just yet, but we plan on focusing mainly on Ngorogoro and Serengetti, and definitely plan on visiting the Ngorogoro crater. We are trying to gauge how many people would like to join us so that we can figure out what type of vehicle to rent and start working our logistics. We're hoping to start making reservations within the week, so if you're interested, please respond soon so we can get the ball rolling! At this point we're still flexible, so if what we have in mind is close to what you want to do, let us know and we can try to work something out.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    • Crafts

by tancal Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 4:39 PM

What crafts are good to buy in Arusha?

3 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    • About a visa

by disaster53 Online Now Feb 21, 2009 at 6:39 AM

I'm going into arusha from nairobi in april.

I've read that you can obtain a visa for tanzania at the point of entry, is it true also for arusha, or only for airport entry?

On the timesonline site it says that if you get a kenya visa you can use it also for tanzania can anyone conferme this?

finally do I need a multi-entry visa for kenya or a single will suffice?

Sorry for the multiple question but the info I received are a confusing.

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Jul 4, 2010 at 2:38 AM
    • Anyone heard of this company - feedback please

by DrDrake_Irish Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 4:32 AM

Hi,

Myself and some friends are in the process of organising a Kilimanjaro hike followed by a safari for this coming July. We've been in contact with a company called Nature Discovery (www.naturediscovery.com).

Before we go and pay the deposit I'm just trying to check them out a bit - has anyone used them before or does anyone know if they are a legitimate company?

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 2:53 AM
    • steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Looking for group to do 3 day safari to Ngorogoro crater etc..

by steevie_wanders Online Now Jul 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Hi,

We're arriving in Arusha tomorrow and hoping to do a 3 day safari including Lake Manyara and Ngorogoro Crater. There are two of us from UK looking for people to make up a group. Please email if you'd like to meet up for a chat.

Steve and Sophie

• anyone stay at Meru game lodge/sanctuary or Meru view lodge?

by ronaldanderson Online Now Sep 17, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Looking for a place outside arusha from which we can visit the arusha national park.Both hotels look great the former looks better.Any feedback welcome.Thanks going there next february.

• Safari companies

by PierrePaquette Online Now May 6, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Hi all!

Plan to be in Arusha end June and do a 5-6 day safari.

Seeking feedback from past users of services from Good Earth Tours and Safaris.
      And any other advice re. camping safaris.

Thanks.

Pierre Paquette

• General info about Arusha needed

by stir Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 8:53 PM

Do I need to book my flight to Zanzibar early or is it ok to wait until the day before I go? I want to remain flexible if it is possible.

Anyone know the going rate this summer for one way flight to Zanzibar.

I am also interseted in any good tips for Arusha. I am interested in going to the Rwanda War tribunal. What is the best time of day to go? is it worth going too? Also interested in cultural village tours but not villages set up for tourists. Are there any budget ones?

Also, what hotel do you recommend? I am staying at the Impala for my first night in Arusha but it lacks charm. What nice,50-80 per day hotels can you recommend? I want good location, safe and airconditioning if possible. I am past my party all night days/nights and dont want to stay in a loud, crazy hotel - I prefer charming, non chain hotels.

I am open to any recommendations for restaurants, things to see, etc.

Thanks in advance - please feel free to email me directly at sarah@ayurveda.com

2 Answers Jun 26, 2005 at 1:01 AM
    • Visit an Orphanage

by kelleeoo Online Now May 30, 2005 at 3:38 AM

I will be in Arusha for a short time in August. I would like to visit an orphanage, but don't have much free time. Most volunteer organizations require long term committments. Does anyone know of an orphanage that allows a one day or a few hours visit for someone to volunteer/donate?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2005 at 1:21 AM
    • TANZANIA --- COMPANIONS FOR SAFARI AND KILIMANJARO

by bluehippo22 Online Now Sep 3, 2003 at 12:24 PM

Hi, My friend and I (both mid-20s graduate students) are looking for two companions to join us for a northern circuit budget camping safari (5 days) and/or machame route kilimanjaro climb (6 days) in mid-October. We have already booked the trip, but would like to make the price cheaper with additional travelers. Please email me if you would like to join us or want any additional information. The exact dates and prices are listed at the bottom. We have booked both excursions from the USA through Sunny Safaris (http://www.sunnysafaris.com). This company was recommended to me by my friend and husband who live in Arusha. Also, Sunny Safaris has a favorable review in the Tanzania Rough Guide ("A long-established outfit specializing in lodge safaris as well as camping, with transport in 4WDs with roof hatches and guaranteed window seats.") and Lonely Planet ("Sunny is a well-established budget operator with a selection of no-frills camping and lodge safaris at very reasonable prices, as well as reliable Kilimanjaro and Meru treks.") If anyone has used them in the past, I would be interested in hearing about your experience. BUDGET CAMPING SAFARI 11th Oct to 15th Oct 5 Days/4 Nights 4 person US$450 per person Tarangire / Serengeti / Ngorongoro Price includes: Vehicle 4wd, fuel, driver cum guide, park entry fees, camping fees, game drives, table, chairs, cook, meals, mats, pillow, tent. Not included: Tips, drinks, sleeping bags, and all items of a personal nature / use. NB: A tip to your driver guide and cook is highly recommended. MT. KILIMANJARO MACHAME ROUTE 16th Oct to 21st Oct MACHAME / SHIRA / BARRANCO / BARAFU / UHURU PEAK / MWEKA 6-days/5-nights 4 person US$680 per person PRICE INCLUDES: TRANSFERS TO/ FROM THE GATE, PARK FEES, HUT / CAMPING FEES, RESCUE FEES, MEALS, TEA, COFFEE, GUIDE, PORTERS AND TENT. PRICE EXCLUDES: TIPS DRINKS, CLIMBING GEARS, SLEEPING BAGS AND ALL ITEMS OF PERSONAL USE.

3 Answers Mar 30, 2004 at 1:54 PM
    • arusha

by masood_96 Online Now Feb 23, 2003 at 10:23 PM

Is arusha a costly city to visit

3 Answers Mar 10, 2003 at 10:04 PM