Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rienne's Profile Photo

Backpacking Group tour operator for Central Asia

Kyrgyzstan Apr 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hey guys

I am planning to visit the Central Asia this summer (probably Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan) and was looking for a tour operator that offers backpacking tours for groups (i.e. for individuals to travel together, and not for already existing groups that plan a trip together).

I have traveled like this before and loved the spirit of the group of like-minded travelers from all over the world that I shared my experiences with as well as the fact that I could enjoy the trip, instead of wasting my time organizing accomodation or transportation (so please don't come up with the recommendation that I should travel there on my own ;)).

I am 25 years old and looking for a tour where people are around my age. The trip should be a broad mixture of activities and should visit the big cities as well as some hidden spots.

Has anyone already done a trip like this or can suggest any operators that provide such group tours?

I am thankful for any advice!

more
    • bertioga's Profile Photo

Bishkek and . . . ? ? ?

Kyrgyzstan Mar 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi
      In late April I will be flying into Bishkek and flying out after only 6 days.
      I am a 65 year-old male and have a bad leg; so no trekking for me except for bazaars and lakeshore.
      Further, I am a teacher, so I travel on a small budget.
      I am considering getting out of Bishkek; the obvious options seem to be:
      1) Karakol and/or Balykchy (I would enjoy walking on the lakeshore)
      or
      2) Osh and/or Jalal Abad
      or
      ??
      Thank you for any suggestions

more